The worst Ebola outbreak in history - it's on the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    Not to mention we're still paying farmers not to grow food. We're nowhere close to meeting our maximum output for food production. The US alone could feed the entire planet if all the farming capabilities were active and optimized. The biggest issues with starvation are logistical and deal with poor infrastructure and low-tech or completely absent food delivery technology.
    How can Calif farmers grow 100% when the state govt sends a bunch of the water to the delta to save some fish? There isn't enough water for America to go full 100% on food production. The costs of the water in some areas just too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
      so reading all this "the world is ending" and mass chaos has got me wanting to protect my family.

So i want to purchase a hand gun. The Omane has tons of wisdom, from low T to Myrtle Beach, why not guns. I want a hand gun, prefer a semi automatic (no revolvers), has the stopping power yet is something my 5'2" wife can handle. Any suggestions It would be nice if the gun was more on the affordable and the rounds are more common and cheap.
      I got my mom a revolver because they are easy to understand and to be honest don't fail near as much.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
        I got my mom a revolver because they are easy to understand and to be honest don't fail near as much.
        so which one u got?

Comment

How can Calif farmers grow 100% when the state govt sends a bunch of the water to the delta to save some fish? There isn't enough water for America to go full 100% on food production. The costs of the water in some areas just too expensive.

No, no. See...California uses all of their water to fill pools and water lawns when zeroscaping is probably a better idea. Then to make up the shortfall, they suck the lifeblood out of Arizona, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico and Colorado. We dry out, they get nice green lawns and get to save a minnow.

Huzzah!

Comment

Originally posted by extralife View Post
            except strip mining a saturnian moon costs about a zillion times more than strip mining a mountain on earth, which is why what you're talking about will never ever happen
            If we did it the way we do things on Earth. It might cost more initially but don't you think it would be worth it if it lowered the CO2 being released into the atmosphere which is the only place we have to live in the known universe without a suit?

Remember Sutters Mill when there was gold laying around in a stream waiting to be picked up? It could be just that easy if we went to the right place. It could be a long time before we even needed to strip mine a moon.

Someone will take the 1st leap and once they start making money hand over fist others will follow, thing is we need someone with the money and vision to do it. The 1st step is there with the Paul Allen group that started an asteroid mining company. If they hit on one loaded with gold and or platinum deposits others will follow. Once they figure out ways to launch essentials and build the crafts in space or on a moon then the price of business will fall.

Comment

Spoken like a true liberal. **** people it's all about the Earth and the trees.
              Oh for the love of christ. Why is that odd statement a LIBERAL statement?

Though, i suppose, when it comes to the Earth's health, he has a point. All we've done is tap its natural resources, pump pollution into the atmosphere, and cut down entire forests.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

Though, i suppose, when it comes to the Earth's health, he has a point. All we've done is tap its natural resources, pump pollution into the atmosphere, and cut down entire forests.
                "How dare you! We don't think that way! .....Well he's right actually."

Way to disprove yourself in the same post. I know a lot of liberals who don't hate humans, but I know many who do. There is a lot of guilt in thinking left. Guilt for being wealthy, being a meat-eating species, being American and now being Human. It must be hard to be self-loathing liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  "How dare you! We don't think that way! .....Well he's right actually."

Way to disprove yourself in the same post. I know a lot of liberals who don't hate humans, but I know many who do. There is a lot of guilt in thinking left. Guilt for being wealthy, being a meat-eating species, being American and now being Human. It must be hard to be self-loathing liberal.
                  My point is why is it a LIBERAL point of view? I know plenty of liberatarians that hate humans too.

And I did contradict myself .. haha well, it was more like an immediate reaction, followed by some thought. Though i could have just erased the initial thought.
                  Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 07-30-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                    The worst thing that ever happened to earth was human reproduction.
                    Not yet. Microbial sex caused the worst mass extinction. There were also four other mass extinctions that were worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                      Not yet. Microbial sex caused the worst mass extinction. There were also four other mass extinctions that were worse.
                      True too. It'll happen at some point, whether man made or otherwise.

Comment

And I did contradict myself .. haha well, it was more like an immediate reaction, followed by some thought. Though i could have just erased the initial thought.
                        That's what I was laughing at. Most Libertarians I know love humans. They think we'll all just figure out stuff and agree on our own and just do the best way.

Comment

I cannot believe some of you actually agree with Mr. Smith.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-Na9-jV_OJI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When I'm unplugged and flying through the air in my duster coat, you can bet I am going to use my matrix magic to make your heads into poop so people will know you're full of it.

Comment

We are not the only species that does that. Just sayin.

Comment

Another thread devolved into a politard diatribe festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                                We are not the only species that does that. Just sayin.

Are you referring to cow ****?

Comment

Working...
                                X