The worst Ebola outbreak in history - it's on the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by extralife View Post
    except strip mining a saturnian moon costs about a zillion times more than strip mining a mountain on earth, which is why what you're talking about will never ever happen
    That's an incredibly bold statement.

Comment

I wonder how scientists are coming along with that whole blasting garbage up in space thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        That's an incredibly bold statement.
        add in the implied "in any relevant time period" if you want. hundreds of years. we're about as likely to annihilate ourselves as we are to do any amount of space colonization or commercial mining. the one period of expansive development in space travel we've had was itself entirely predicated upon our strong desire to have the capacity to efficiently destroy ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
          Anywhoo it is well past my bed time.
          Well, seeing as the cold war may be warming up again, all we really need is another Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
            OMG! Article says deadly diseases already hit the Moon's population and wiped them out!

This thread for sounds like MacGruder is within some of you folks.
            Last edited by broncocalijohn; 07-30-2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

The sooner we are gone the better. Humans are a disgusting species. The earth won't miss us one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                The sooner we are gone the better. Humans are a disgusting species. The earth won't miss us one bit.
                Ah yes back to the good old days

Comment

so reading all this "the world is ending" and mass chaos has got me wanting to protect my family.

So i want to purchase a hand gun. The Omane has tons of wisdom, from low T to Myrtle Beach, why not guns. I want a hand gun, prefer a semi automatic (no revolvers), has the stopping power yet is something my 5'2" wife can handle. Any suggestions It would be nice if the gun was more on the affordable and the rounds are more common and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
                    That's kinda the point. We're past the tipping point for "natural" food already. That's why our food is loaded with chemicals and engineered bacteria designed to repel pests.

Medicine is advancing, too, but I remember reading my generation is the first generation in history to have a shorter life expectancy than the prior.

Broncenstein could probably chime in on that one.
                    I've never heard that prediction.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ActiveA...ory?id=9330511

The rate of life expectancy improvements is slowing significantly - but this should surprise no one. The biggest increases in life expectancy are really a result of declines in infant/child and also young adult mortality.

Comment

Is that the one where you bleed from your eyes and orifices?

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                        I've never heard that prediction.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ActiveA...ory?id=9330511

The rate of life expectancy improvements is slowing significantly - but this should surprise no one. The biggest increases in life expectancy are really a result of declines in infant/child and also young adult mortality.
                        Not to mention we're still paying farmers not to grow food. We're nowhere close to meeting our maximum output for food production. The US alone could feed the entire planet if all the farming capabilities were active and optimized. The biggest issues with starvation are logistical and deal with poor infrastructure and low-tech or completely absent food delivery technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          Not to mention we're still paying farmers not to grow food. We're nowhere close to meeting our maximum output for food production. The US alone could feed the entire planet if all the farming capabilities were active and optimized. The biggest issues with starvation are logistical and deal with poor infrastructure and low-tech or completely absent food delivery technology.

Or governments disinclined to deliver the food in the first place, especially to areas with "troublesome" minority groups.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	2351701

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
                              This is what projected population growth is:

This is far from the only credible prediction.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101018722

And considering the UN typically seems to thrive on dire prognostications, I'd recommend looking at second opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                                Spoken like a true liberal. **** people it's all about the Earth and the trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X