The worst Ebola outbreak in history - it's on the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst Ebola outbreak in history - it's on the move

Almost 700 dead already. This is moving fast. I hope they can contain this thing very quickly. That is one nasty virus. Nearly a 90% death rate for anybody who gets it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ld-be-worried/

That is sobering. If it gains traction in Logos many people are going to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
      That is sobering. If it gains traction in Logos many people are going to die.

Logos always ends up with at least one outbreak every game.

Comment

Nothing to see here right guys?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115974

Comment

Its a really hard disease to spread (in the grand scheme of things). Its not the type of virus that will lead to worldwide pandemic.

Comment

Ebola and TNT's The Last Ship at the same time. Coincidence? I think not!
            http://www.thelastshiptnt.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
              Its a really hard disease to spread (in the grand scheme of things). Its not the type of virus that will lead to worldwide pandemic.
              Seems to me like it can spread quite easily and quickly. I don't think anybody is scared of a world wide pandemic right now, but this thing is no joke either. You have to be very careful of something that has a nearly 90% mortality rate. You get it, you're fuched.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                Seems to me like it can spread quite easily and quickly. I don't think anybody is scared of a world wide pandemic right now, but this thing is no joke either. You have to be very careful of something that has a nearly 90% mortality rate. You get it, you're fuched.
                It is actually a very difficult disease to spread. It is spread via bodily fluids, it is not air borne, and, because it is so nasty it immobilizes and kills its host so quickly that it does not have time to spread. Furthermore, the infected are only contagious when they are showing symptoms, i.e. fever, vomiting diarrhea, etc. so the infected are less likely to travel.
                Finally look at the infected region; these people not only have extremely limited access to health care, they probably have limited access to soap.

Comment

Now, they say it's made it to Nigeria, Africa's most populous country.

Comment

shut down all flight to the US from Africa!

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Logos always ends up with at least one outbreak every game.
                      The expansions, with virulent strains and bio-terrorist, really took this game from "decent" to "awesome" for our group.

Comment

Car wrecks are the result of human error / neglect and are completely avoidable. Globally they kill about 1.2 million people per year. They injure or disable about 20 million people per year. Imagine if a virus wreaked this kind of havoc. There would be global panic to the point of societal collapse. Yet, nobody bats an eye about getting in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                          shut down all flight to the US from Africa!
                          that's racist.. BO will not stand for that man. will.not.stand.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverDynamite View Post
                            It is actually a very difficult disease to spread. It is spread via bodily fluids, it is not air borne, and, because it is so nasty it immobilizes and kills its host so quickly that it does not have time to spread. Furthermore, the infected are only contagious when they are showing symptoms, i.e. fever, vomiting diarrhea, etc. so the infected are less likely to travel.
                            Finally look at the infected region; these people not only have extremely limited access to health care, they probably have limited access to soap.
                            so that begs the question, how did these doctors become infected? Were they swapping spit with their patients? I'd love to hear how these doctors contracted ebola if it only spreads via bodily fluids and from a person who is displaying all the classic signs of infection...

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                              so that begs the question, how did these doctors become infected? Were they swapping spit with their patients? I'd love to here how these doctors contracted ebola if it only spreads via bodily fluids and from a person who is displaying all the classic signs of infection...
                              I know nothing about ebola beyond what you can read from the WHO online. From what I can tell it kills 300 people in a bad year. So it would seem that this isn't the garden variety Ebola virus, and possibly much more contagious and/or virulent. I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X