X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow wants you to know he's in shape and totally ready for an NFL call

Front page on Yahoo News right now.....

Tim Tebow wants you to know he's in shape and totally ready for an NFL call

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/reOFI0SrXGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Check out the video above. Tebow always has been quite the workout warrior, and despite him not taking a snap since the 2012 season or starting a game sicne 2011, Tebow still appears to be in fantastic shape.

But can he play? For the past few years, the NFL consensus has been no — at least not as a quarterback. The New England Patriots brought him in for training camp last year, but he was cut and has not gotten a whiff of an NFL offer since.

At this point, it would be natural to assume that Tebow's chances of making it back to the league are quite remote. But good luck convincing him of that."

Whole Article.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...171541549.html
    Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 07-22-2014, 08:48 PM.

What position is he holding out for?

Comment

He would be better than what Houston has.

Comment

Now I want to preface this post by saying I'm happy he isn't Denver and the Broncos are better off without him, and I understand he drives fan bases crazy and can be a distraction - but I can't understand why no other team hasn't taken a chance on him given that in his last start he beat the league's number 1 defense. Yes the Jets and Pats cut him, luck, the Steelers had a bad game plan to load the box, whatever - but still.

He has to be better than some of the guys on the list below - here are some I've never heard of - Tebow has to have more talent that these guys right?

Dustin Vaughn
        Alex Tanney
        Chase Rettig
        Jeff Matthews
        Logan Kilgore
        Kory Faulkner
        McLeod Bethel-Thompson
        Alex Smith
        Any Raiders QB

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/_/position/qb
        Last edited by Binkythefrog; 07-22-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

He still doesn't get it. His physical fitness has nothing to do with him being a bad NFL quarterback. He's in tremendous shape. This isn't JaMarcus Russell we're discussing. He needs to spend more time learning how to quickly read NFL defenses, and checking down to the 2nd or 3rd option...

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
            He would be better than what Houston has.
            No No he wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Binkythefrog View Post
              Now I want to preface this post by saying I'm happy he isn't Denver and the Broncos are better off without him, and I understand he drives fan bases crazy and can be a distraction - but I can't understand why no other team hasn't taken a chance on him given that in his last start he beat the league's number 1 defense. Yes the Jets and Pats cut him, luck, the Steelers had a bad game plan to load the box, whatever - but still.

He has to be better than some of the guys on the list below - here are some I've never heard of - Tebow has to have more talent that these guys right?

Dustin Vaughn
              Alex Tanney
              Chase Rettig
              Jeff Matthews
              Logan Kilgore
              Kory Faulkner
              McLeod Bethel-Thompson
              Alex Smith
              Any Raiders QB

Hmmm... not sure bout this...

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                No No he wouldn't
                Especially when the Tebow Taliban comes along with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                  Agreed..I'm still hoping to be Peyton's center..just for his silent count..think the Broncos will hire me..

Comment

Originally posted by Binkythefrog View Post

Dustin Vaughn
                    Alex Tanney
                    Chase Rettig
                    Jeff Matthews
                    Logan Kilgore
                    Kory Faulkner
                    McLeod Bethel-Thompson
                    Alex Smith
                    Any Raiders QB

He's not better than Alex Smith. Alex Smith has average NFL quarterback skills...

Comment

I very sincerely hope the kid does well at whatever he tries for. I don't dislike him at all, although I am glad he's not our QB. He's just an easy person to root for.

Comment

Put down the dumb bells.

Pick up a playbook.

Learn how to read a defense.

Learn how to consistently complete passes.

You'll be back in no time!

But it's not a good sign when the failure for a head coach who drafted you was part of cutting you at your last stop.

Comment

Has he learned how to throw passes to the WR and not the stands or the turf?

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                            He's not better than Alex Smith. Alex Smith has average NFL quarterback skills...
                            I'm fairly confident you missed his joke. He also listed "Any Raiders QB". Would you like to add Matt Schaub, Derek Carr, Matt McGloin and Trent Edwards to your Alex Smith list while you're at it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                              he doesn't have the arm strength ..even in college he was more of a short passer then anything.
                              I don't think this is true at all. The issue isn't arm strength, it's his windup and delivery. His arm strength is fine and he's more than able to zip a pass into a guy's leg or the dirt or wherever.

Tebow's deep ball, however, is surprisingly pretty great.

Comment

Working...
                              X