Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT --America's TRUE muscle car is BACK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT --America's TRUE muscle car is BACK

    https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...153150501.html


    If Dodge seemed to have taken a pause in the past couple of years while the old muscle-car rivalry between the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro reached new heights, it's making up for lost time with a quickness. Hot on revaling the 707-hp Dodge Challenger Hellcat for 2015, Dodge came forth today with an official proclamation: The Challenger Hellcat is the fastest factory muscle car to ever sprint a quarter-mile. Put that in your tires and smoke it.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iYol7m3WjGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  • #2
    Hell, that thing looks like it could kill off a coral reef all by itself. Well done, Dodge!

    Comment


    • #3
      NASCAR fans placing their kids on lay-a-way to afford this mammoth of a vehicle.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Requiem View Post
        NASCAR fans placing their kids on lay-a-way to afford this mammoth of a vehicle.
        HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          Hell, that thing looks like it could kill off a coral reef all by itself. Well done, Dodge!
          Just from tire smoke alone!

          Comment


          • #6
            I actually like how it looks, the front on the black one I saw in an article, kind of like a body kit style? Sharp.

            I will race this guy in my 2001 Taurus SE any day of the week.

            Comment


            • #7
              probably a bigger hit on chiefs planet, no?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                I actually like how it looks, the front on the black one I saw in an article, kind of like a body kit style? Sharp.

                I will race this guy in my 2001 Taurus SE any day of the week.
                You won't be offended if I bet in the other guy I hope.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                  You won't be offended if I bet in the other guy I hope.
                  I already am betting on the other guy losing control and crashing Dale Earnhardt style into a wall and me becoming victor due to tragedy. Do as you wish.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                    NASCAR fans placing their kids on lay-a-way to afford this mammoth of a vehicle.
                    I think you mean consignment?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      I think you mean consignment?
                      Is that some special Mormon term?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        too bad the thing can't do anything other than go straight.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          Is that some special Mormon term?
                          Consigment is when you sell merchandise in a store and they only pay you when it sells also keeping a portion of the revenue. It makes a little more sense than lay-away. Lay-away assumes they don't already own their children. I mean are they buying their kids back while the store keeps them? Are they selling them on lay-away? I am guessing you don't even know what lay-away means.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            …and what's the price tag of the "Hellcat?"

                            My guess is, you could take a stock Mustang GT or Camaro SS and dump $30-40k worth of modifications into it and get a faster car. Don't get me wrong, I think it's really cool, but I always look at the car's specs in relation to the price paid. Maybe i'm wrong, but that looks like a $70,000 car.

                            You can even get a Shelby GT 500 for $55k, then trick it out. The claim is the Challenger beat it by .3 seconds, and that would be pretty easy to make up with 15k extra to spend.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                              …and what's the price tag of the "Hellcat?"

                              My guess is, you could take a stock Mustang GT or Camaro SS and dump $30-40k worth of modifications into it and get a faster car. Don't get me wrong, I think it's really cool, but I always look at the car's specs in relation to the price paid. Maybe i'm wrong, but that looks like a $70,000 car.

                              You can even get a Shelby GT 500 for $55k, then trick it out. The claim is the Challenger beat it by .3 seconds, and that would be pretty easy to make up with 15k extra to spend.
                              Agreed. This is a pretty badass car, but not quite the bang for the buck and it's still a land yacht. Give me the Mustang any day.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X