John Bohnam played drums like a little girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bohnam played drums like a little girl

She has it nailed too. If that is not enough here is Robert Plant watching and reacting to her playing Good Times Bad Times. Talk about an honor....

Like how he put his glasses on to get a better look and that at 1:15 he exclaims how hard it is to play that piece from a technical stand point. He is pretty blown away by it as a result.

Now here she is just free styling and making stuff up.

Any drummers here? Love to see your comment. I have a friend from high school and he is a professional drummer. He showed me this a couple months ago. He assures me that the girl is legit.

Freaking amazing....people don't realize how difficult drumming is. Four limbs, all doing something different in the same time (beat).

Comment

That's so cool.

Comment

Some more songs that impress the hell out of me

Queen Stone Cold Crazy

Grand Funk Railroad American Band

This song my friend (he is a jazz drummer nearly 40 years) said is quite difficult being that she is standing up while using a kick pedal. One thing to stand up without a kick pedal. He said he cannot really do it.

Stray Cats Rock This Town

Comment

She’s very talented look up Avery Molek
          https://youtu.be/MR_x_vrSZBM

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
            Yes, I remember seeing that back then. Good stuff. Proves every art (whether it is music sports or whatever) has people that just get it. It is unteachable basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Yes, I remember seeing that back then. Good stuff. Proves every art (whether it is music sports or whatever) has people that just get it. It is unteachable basically.
              I wouldn't go that far. Some may (rarely) pick it up this naturally. But your average drummer's first experience trying to play set won't really tell them much about how good they'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I wouldn't go that far. Some may (rarely) pick it up this naturally. But your average drummer's first experience trying to play set won't really tell them much about how good they'll be.
                Oh, don't get me wrong. In order to reach godlike status, they still need to work incredibly hard. However, that is the way it typically is.

For instance in golf we all see the videos of Tiger Woods at 3 years old and there are child videos of Rory hitting the ball better at 5 than I ever will on my best day.

Anyway, there is something that the greats at any art just get that is simply not teachable.

Comment

No matter how good you are there is always some Asian kid who's better

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Oh, don't get me wrong. In order to reach godlike status, they still need to work incredibly hard. However, that is the way it typically is.

For instance in golf we all see the videos of Tiger Woods at 3 years old and there are child videos of Rory hitting the ball better at 5 than I ever will on my best day.

Anyway, there is something that the greats at any art just get that is simply not teachable.
                    I agree with that, but meant more than that I think.

You could pick up your first drumsticks at age 18, not really be any good at it, and still eventually find an aptitude and some success. Especially with drumming, alot of the early acumen depends on how much music you've been exposed to, and whether you've had to think about musical timing before.

I really only ever played drums, and later regretted not learning another instrument. Because of that, I've had my kids take piano lessons and pick up other instruments first, and, at least from my recollection, I'd say once they tinkered with drums early on, they did better at first than I did.

But I got much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I agree with that, but meant more than that I think.

You could pick up your first drumsticks at age 18, not really be any good at it, and still eventually find an aptitude and some success. Especially with drumming, alot of the early acumen depends on how much music you've been exposed to, and whether you've had to think about musical timing before.

I really only ever played drums, and later regretted not learning another instrument. Because of that, I've had my kids take piano lessons and pick up other instruments first, and, at least from my recollection, I'd say once they tinkered with drums early on, they did better at first than I did.

But I got much better.
                      Back to a sports example. Calvin Peete was a pro golfer on the PGA tour. He did not even start playing golf till he was in his 20s. Until Tiger, he may have been the best black golfer ever on the PGA tour. He won at TPC. Anyway, it is not necessarily something you get (in the arts) just when you are a kid. It could be something you just pick up later in life. The point is there is a reason why Calvin Peete became that good. Yes, hard work, but there was also something he just got that many (99% of us) do not get.

Then again there is the creepy place somewhere in Clarksdale Mississippi. Around the area where Hwys 49 and 61 meet.

Ever hear the creepy story of Robert Johnson, the king of the delta BLUES?

Now, it is a myth, true. Then again some stuff is rather interesting.

Robert Johnson died on the same day as

The King of the Delta Blues Robert Johnson
                      The King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley
                      The Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin

August 16th.

Other interesting thing or coincidence is he died at the age 27. He was the first in that weird list of music legends that died at 27.

Robert Johnson
                      Jimmy Hendrix
                      Jim Morrison
                      Janis Joplin
                      Kurt Cobain
                      Amy Winehouse

Among others......

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                        No matter how good you are there is always some Asian kid who's better
                        Better at what?

Comment

C'mon little 8 year old girl...perhaps you haven't heard, it's ALL blast beats nowadays!

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                            audacity temp mail origin
                            She really is, amazing!!!
                            Last edited by Fleurpink; 01-09-2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X