Tesla Model 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Model 3

Anybody own one? Test drove one for fun and it blew me away. Fell in love with it. But the lower priced verson is RWD which wouldn't be smart in the winter, and the AWD version starts at close to $50,000. So I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on buying one.

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    Anybody own one? Test drove one for fun and it blew me away. Fell in love with it. But the lower priced verson is RWD which wouldn't be smart in the winter, and the AWD version starts at close to $50,000. So I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on buying one.
    RWD in a model 3 is much less problematic than in an ICE. ICEs are really bad as RWD in snow because all the weight is up front with the engine making it a lot easier to spin out. A tesla RWD is heavy in the back over the drive wheels.

Unless you're expecting to be off road, with winter tires you will be fine. Winter tires beat AWD every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post

RWD in a model 3 is much less problematic than in an ICE. ICEs are really bad as RWD in snow because all the weight is up front with the engine making it a lot easier to spin out. A tesla RWD is heavy in the back over the drive wheels.

Unless you're expecting to be off road, with winter tires you will be fine. Winter tires beat AWD every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
      Yeah, I've heard the same about winter tires. It's just such a huge hassle and expense to get them changed off and on every year! Plus you have to store them. If I had the garage space I'd definitely at least consider it.

Comment

I would never buy a tesla vehicle but if they made and sold a powertrain like GM does with crate engines.... then I'd be for sure interested!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neYuohLzVdg

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X