Anyone playing Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone playing Anthem

Still trying to decide between PC (I got a beast PC) or XB1X (I kinda prefer chilling on the couch with my OLED for long periods).

None of my normal people really plan on playing it, but I think I'll be giving it a good run, have the 22-1st off lol

I plan on giving it a try, but I'm very skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      I plan on giving it a try, but I'm very skeptical.
      Why? It's kinda just a Destiny but with more range of motion it seems.

Also the classes are very much different unlike destiny where it was 3 of the same things but different for 1s every 2 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
        Why? It's kinda just a Destiny but with more range of motion it seems.

Also the classes are very much different unlike destiny where it was 3 of the same things but different for 1s every 2 minutes or so.
        Because it's an EA game. And having tried the demo this past weekend I find my skepticism was well-founded. It has decent core gameplay and looks pretty, but, outside of flying around, it's about as generic as it gets. They needed to hit it out of the park for me to consider actually buying it and contributing to the EA coffers. Rather than a home run though, it felt like a double to me. So...pass.

Comment

Because it's an EA game. And having tried the demo this past weekend I find my skepticism was well-founded. It has decent core gameplay and looks pretty, but, outside of flying around, it's about as generic as it gets. They needed to hit it out of the park for me to consider actually buying it and contributing to the EA coffers. Rather than a home run though, it felt like a double to me. So...pass.
          Wait, what do you consider a guaranteed home run? Because as far as MMO or the like in the last, what, 10 years? There isn't anything different lol.

Comment

Wait, what do you consider a guaranteed home run? Because as far as MMO or the like in the last, what, 10 years? There isn't anything different lol.
            It's just a looter shooter with a flying gimmick. It's not an MMO. And as far as looter shooters go, it's fine, just fine. Nothing amazing in my eyes, and I need amazing to get past the EA logo. Because when the monetization hits...gag...

Comment

It's just a looter shooter with a flying gimmick. It's not an MMO. And as far as looter shooters go, it's fine, just fine. Nothing amazing in my eyes, and I need amazing to get past the EA logo. Because when the monetization hits...gag...
              Ah ok so you don't like the genre, got it.

Comment

Ah ok so you don't like the genre, got it.
                I like it fine, but I don’t play every game in the genre. The Borderlands series is still my favorite honestly. Technical issues aside, the demo just seemed really derivative of Destiny and Warframe. Had a bit of Halo vibe as well. I need more than that to be willing to give EA my money. But I mean the gameplay is perfectly fine and the flying’s cool, so if you like it, have fun. I might play it when it gets heavily discounted.

Comment

I like it fine, but I don’t play every game in the genre. The Borderlands series is still my favorite honestly. Technical issues aside, the demo just seemed really derivative of Destiny and Warframe. Had a bit of Halo vibe as well. I need more than that to be willing to give EA my money. But I mean the gameplay is perfectly fine and the flying’s cool, so if you like it, have fun. I might play it when it gets heavily discounted.
                  Yeah see, that's the thing, all the games in the genre are going to "feel" like they're similar in ways, because that's what the genre is.

Grim Dawn feels a lot like Diablo 2. I appreciate it for that.

I liked Destiny, it was fun, but it's FAR more monetized than Anthem, since forsaken I haven't been having as much fun.

Comment

Played the trial, and here's my reaction:

Comment

Anthem is an immensely fun game wrapped up in a dull story and a repetitive end-game. It will no doubt get better as time goes on, but this isn’t a great starting point.

Comment

Working...
                      X