Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies Coming Soon or Out Currently Worth Seeing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myMind
    replied
    Originally posted by Punisher View Post
    "Blue is the Warmest Color", "Blue Caprice", "Gimme The Loot" and "The spectacular now" go see those Movie. BTW 2013 has some really great movies also check out "Before Midnight".
    Given your online persona here including your avis and all, Im surprised that you have such good taste in movies. Good on you.

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    "Blue is the Warmest Color", "Blue Caprice", "Gimme The Loot" and "The spectacular now" go see those Movie. BTW 2013 has some really great movies also check out "Before Midnight".

Leave a comment:

• RepentWalpurgis
    replied
    I saw The Way Way Back.

1. Characters are all big stereotypical tropes you've seen 1000 times before in movies:

- single mom who won't stand up for herself (until she does!)
    - mom's jerky boyfriend who doesn't like her son - what a jerk!
    - super-awkward kid with a heart of gold who just needs a wise, irreverent guy with tattoos and a goatee to loosen him up and empower him
    - irreverent guy with tattoos and a goatee who is somehow not played by Ryan Reynolds, who would never in a million years befriend the awkward kid in real life but maybe sees something in the awkward kid that he sees in himself! so he gives him advice about girls
    - quirky other people who work at the same place as the irreverent guy with tattoos and a goatee
    - crazy mom who lives next door
    - crazy mom's daughter, upon whom a crush! is developed
    - Rob Corddry
    - etc.

2. NOTHING HAPPENS, except maybe a couple people find themselves during that one summer they'll never forget

3. People don't act like this in real life

4. Nobody is likable

5. Michael Scott as a mean, humorless guy who wears terrible shirts and describes his car as a "cherry" doesn't work

It's the kind of movie that critics know they're supposed to like, so we're supposed to say we like, because I don't know why, because it wasn't entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• nyuk nyuk
    replied
    Red 2 is a good movie. Definitely worth seeing. Victoria is both elegantly feminine and deliciously lethal. I can't get enough of that chick. A role model for women everywhere!

Leave a comment:

• nyuk nyuk
    replied
    World War Z is crap.

Leave a comment:

• Heyneck
    replied
    Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    Next movie I can't WAIT to see.

(Was a cartoon on Nickelodeon. My excuse: 5 year old daughter)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvLUrF3ItGQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvLUrF3ItGQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If anyone is aware of this series, I'm not pleased with the casting (namely the skinny Indian dude playing Zuko), but I'll get over it.
    lol... Movie was an utter Fail. Long live Kora!!!

Leave a comment:

• Heyneck
    replied
    Elysium looks AWESOME!!! Neill Blomkamp is turning to be an awesome SCI FI director. And while he was tabed for the Halo movie that never happened, it sure influenced District 9 and most definitely Elysium.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xl4x2-PNc9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Inkana7
    replied
    Inglourious Basterds was amazing. I will be Aldo Raine for halloween.

Leave a comment:

• Northman
    replied
    Well, there are a few movies that i want to see that upcoming. Here are a few for the remainder of 2009:

Zombieland
    Antichrist
    Ong Bak 2
    The Fourth Kind
    Ninja Assasin
    Holmes

2010:

Daybreakers
    Legion
    Alice in Wonderland
    The Expendables
    Iron Man 2
    Jonah Hex
    The Last Airbender
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt I
    Predators
    Beverly Hills Cop 4

Remakes im going to check out:

The Crazies
    A Nightmare on Elm Street
    Clash of the Titans
    Red Dawn
    Poltergeist

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    I can't wait for this movie to come out it has so much potential
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewisKyyuF78&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewisKyyuF78&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Leave a comment:

• XXXII
    replied
    I really want to see that Sam Raimi flick myself...

Leave a comment:

• Beantown Bronco
    replied
    T minus 4 days and counting......

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
    Didn't know where this should go, but damn, heart wrenching story...
    Heart wrenching and a kinda wierd too...

Leave a comment:

• Kid A
    replied
    Am I the only one getting a banner on the Central Discussion main advertising The Hangover...in Swedish?

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    Maybe the 2012 Movie will get people in a crazy Mood

Leave a comment:

Working...
X