Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies Coming Soon or Out Currently Worth Seeing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocaine Cowboys Part 1 & 2 for all you documentary buffs.

The wrestler was good as well.

Gran Torino is still by far the best movie I've seen in a while.

I started watching 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' last night and I stopped watching during the part where Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansen is fighting over some dude.

I think any movie with Scarlett Johansen and her machine gun jubblies is a good pick!
    Last edited by Don Flamenco; 01-21-2009, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
      Wait... you like, How I met your mother? Am I missing something because that show makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
      Don't know, but the guy from Doogie Hower makes me laugh. The others are okay, I like that big guy Marshall sometimes, but that one guy just for whatever reason amuses me. But again, a show I like, but not something I feel particularly attached too. There are shows I love watching over and over (thus the reason I own Dexter 1 and 2, the Monkees season 1 - yes go ahead and mock me, I don't care; Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 1; Buffy and Angel all seasons and would like to buy MASH, Family Guy and a few others when I have the money to waste).

Comment

Man I read through the first page and did not see one movie on there worth watching.

You people seem to want to pick obscure "critically acclaimed" movies for some reason.

The ONLY reason to go to a movie theater and sit for 2+ hours in an uncomfortable chair paying for overpriced concessions is to see a kick ass hollywood blockbuster full of special effects, loud noises and fantastic situations.

The ONLY reason to rent a DVD is because you are bored.

Wait till it hits the regular channels, DVR it and skip through the commercials for those boring ass "story" driven movies full of symbollic bull**** portrayed by some left wing nutjob.

Comment

Here's so Alec can participate:

Batman
          Indiana Jones
          Batman
          Spiderman 3
          Die Hard 7
          Batman
          Last edited by Taco John; 01-21-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Chalk View Post
            Man I read through the first page and did not see one movie on there worth watching.

You people seem to want to pick obscure "critically acclaimed" movies for some reason.

The ONLY reason to go to a movie theater and sit for 2+ hours in an uncomfortable chair paying for overpriced concessions is to see a kick ass hollywood blockbuster full of special effects, loud noises and fantastic situations.

Wait till it hits the regular channels, DVR it and skip through the commercials for those boring ass "story" driven movies full of symbollic bull**** portrayed by some left wing nutjob.
            You Alec. You all that is man! Explosions! Beer! Guns!

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
              Here's so Alec can participate:

Batman
              Indiana Jones
              Batman
              Spiderman 3
              Die Hard 7
              Batman
              not enough anime

Comment

For Alec:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Chalk View Post

Are you kidding me? The only one that wasn't a huge hollywood movie was Slumdog Millionaire.

Critically acclaimed movies tend be acclaimed because they're good.....

Comment

I want to see Unborn, Star Trek, Transformers 2, Push, Knowing, and maybe Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Comment

• From the guys who did Superbad:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3214934809/

Comment

• I wish Kristen Wiig had her own movies. They won't put money behind a female comic in hollywood these days.

Comment

• Gran Turino was the ish

Comment

• Originally posted by Majik View Post
                            I'd say Eastwood's more recent movies of Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Flags of Our Fathers, and Letters From Iwo Jima are a better comparison than Space Cowboys.
                            shows how often he goes out to the movies. Gran Torino was one of the best movies out for last year. I read two bad reviews on google from probably immature, politically correct fish wrap hacks. I know one was from the Bay area so that tells you something. This story is so awesome and the fact the guy that wrote it had never done one before and most of it was in his buddy's bar who got credit for helping him(co-writor). A must see!
                            On Buttons, my Dad so it and said the first half was great but turned into non believable, chick flick to ruin it.

Anyone see Defiance? I love WW2 movies and this is an untold story for the big screen.
                            Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-21-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
                              I want to see Unborn, Star Trek, Transformers 2, Push, Knowing, and maybe Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Part nerd here. Kaylore would probably go with you but remember that he is married or getting married soon so hands off.
                              Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-21-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Kaylore is getting married again! I thought the mormons stopped that practice? Brave guy...

Comment

Working...
                                X