Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies Coming Soon or Out Currently Worth Seeing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by scttgrd View Post
    Check out Taken with Liam Neeson, it comes out at the end of the month. I've seen it, don't ask how.
    Agreed... Taken is amazing. I've seen it twice in the last month.

    A lovely program for movies or anything would be http://www.graboid.com

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by lex View Post
      One movie that Id definitely recommend is Tell No One. Its a french movie that should be showing available on Net Flix soon if its not already. I saw it a few months ago. It was no The Lives of Others but it was an excellent film.
      The Lives of Others was great, I'll have to check out Tell No One. A French film that I would highly recommend is Cache, if you haven't seen it. I also loved Irreversible but can't say that I recommend it on account of it being very disturbing.

      Caché / Hidden
      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_w0J9myz14I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_w0J9myz14I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

      Comment


      • #48
        Fantastic, this has given me more movies I forgot about. I do want to see Taken too, forgotten about that. The previews look great, but you know I have noticed though there seem to be a lot of good dramas or possibly action flicks, there is a dearth of decent comedies. I mean even last year had Juno which I liked. Still this is a good place to start.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by slyinky View Post
          The Lives of Others was great, I'll have to check out Tell No One. A French film that I would highly recommend is Cache, if you haven't seen it. I also loved Irreversible but can't say that I recommend it on account of it being very disturbing.

          Caché / Hidden
          <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_w0J9myz14I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_w0J9myz14I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

          Yeah, I saw Cache in the theater a couple of years ago. Its ok. I thought it could have been better.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Miss Independent View Post
            Fantastic, this has given me more movies I forgot about. I do want to see Taken too, forgotten about that. The previews look great, but you know I have noticed though there seem to be a lot of good dramas or possibly action flicks, there is a dearth of decent comedies. I mean even last year had Juno which I liked. Still this is a good place to start.
            Have you seen Smart People? It also has Ellen Page in it. I actually thought it was a lot better than Juno. Another good movie that Ive seen recently (thought I think it came out in 07) was The Visitor.

            Comment


            • #51
              Can't wait for this one:

              Knowing

              http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2330985241/

              Comment


              • #52
                <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONQ3Zgy195Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONQ3Zgy195Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>




                <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VLA0tg5yI0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VLA0tg5yI0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                Last edited by alkemical; 01-20-2009, 06:30 AM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                  saw Gran Turino friday. Excellent flick, one of Eastwoods best.
                  Good movie, but can definately wait until Rental if you dont want to spend $9 at a theater.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The Wrestler, great film.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                      I just got done reading the book "Into the Wild" by John Krakauer. It's a very compelling story about a kid who graduates college, and then hits the road for adventure across America. I absolutely loved the book, and so I picked up the movie - Great freaking movie. They did a fantastic job with the story.

                      Besides that, I'm becoming a big Emile Hirsh fan. He was great in Lords of Dogtown. I thought he did well in Alpha Dog too. This role, however, was special. Especially towards the end of the show. A very believable performance from an up and comer.

                      I highly recommend this flick.

                      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LAuzT_x8Ek&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LAuzT_x8Ek&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                      John Krakauer IS the ****znik. I met him at Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder back in the 1990's. I LOVE INTO THE WILD. Into Thin Air is also an incredible book, and I highly recommend it too!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Thought Benjamin Button was just horrible, had no sense of pacing nor surprise. Fine the first hour, hack-trash the last two. Really shallow.

                        I saw Doubt, which is a compelling but sobering production--chillingly sad. I was uncomfortable in my seat the whole time; I'd recommend viewing it at home, just because it's an especially sad and conflicted piece.
                        Last edited by Pseudofool; 01-20-2009, 09:02 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Well I have only seen a couple recent movies, and those were the Benjamin Button one, and the Quantum of Solace one.

                          Both were good IMO, Button was a bit long though.

                          On a somewhat related note, I just finished watching season 3 of Dexter, that is a good show I recommend it.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I got two kid's, I haven't seen a movie in a theater in years that wasn't animated and geared towards a pre teen. It's sad when HBO movies become "first runs". Definately cheaper though!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              At least Pixar has your back. Sorry about all the Dreamworks though. Must be rough.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                                John Krakauer IS the ****znik. I met him at Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder back in the 1990's. I LOVE INTO THE WILD. Into Thin Air is also an incredible book, and I highly recommend it too!
                                I read Into Thin Air this past October. Fascinating book.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X