Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies Coming Soon or Out Currently Worth Seeing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Benjamin Button was great. I do have a thing for Cate Blanchett though.

Comment

You know, I got a little curious to see what came out this year. There really were some awful movies, plus a lot of things that I never heard of and very few I actually saw or wanted to see. Dark Knight was probably one of my favorite films this year actually.

Comment

I'm glad to see people here liked Benjamin Button.

I think since 2005 we've had awesome movies come out every year. Before then, there was about a 5 year drought where only utter crap was being shown.

Comment

Good one mentioning 'The Fall', Slyinky. I almost forgot about that one.

I've seen 7 pounds, Changeling, Benjamin Button, Slumdog Millionaire and Gran Torino.

Gran Torino is by far the best movie out of that bunch with Benjamin Button being a complete waste of 3 hours. It was the only movie out of that bunch that I would not want to watch again.

Comment

I might go see gran Torino ....... I loved the Car so the movie cant be that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
              As noted before, The Wrestler. SOLID flick.
              Agreed. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to see any other recent releases. Slumdog, Gran Torino, Benjamin Button, and Milk are on my want-to-see list.

Comment

The Wrestler and Gran Torino. Both must see movies.

Comment

I am not big on movies or books , but every once in a while one will comeout I want to see , Gran Torino might be the one ....... kind of Leary though cause , Space Cowboys ..........

Comment

I'd like to see slum dog millionaire

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
                      I am not big on movies or books , but every once in a while one will comeout I want to see , Gran Torino might be the one ....... kind of Leary though cause , Space Cowboys ..........
                      I'd say Eastwood's more recent movies of Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Flags of Our Fathers, and Letters From Iwo Jima are a better comparison than Space Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Majik View Post
                        I'd say Eastwood's more recent movies of Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Flags of Our Fathers, and Letters From Iwo Jima are a better comparison than Space Cowboys.
                        well I havent seen those movies .........So why would I comment on them ? or use them as comparisons?.....use your ****ing head for something besides a hat rack

Comment

I just got done reading the book "Into the Wild" by John Krakauer. It's a very compelling story about a kid who graduates college, and then hits the road for adventure across America. I absolutely loved the book, and so I picked up the movie - Great freaking movie. They did a fantastic job with the story.

Besides that, I'm becoming a big Emile Hirsh fan. He was great in Lords of Dogtown. I thought he did well in Alpha Dog too. This role, however, was special. Especially towards the end of the show. A very believable performance from an up and comer.

I highly recommend this flick.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LAuzT_x8Ek&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LAuzT_x8Ek&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            Slumdog Millionaire - currently out in select cities

The most simply entertaining 2 hours ive had at the movies in a long time.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - this movie, while quite hollywood, wowed me with its technology but more so made me sombrely reflect on family and the passage of time. It's a beautiful film.

Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood is my favourite director. He doesn't disappoint here. There's a suprising amout of humour here... and his symbolism is in full force. Great little movie.

Man on Wire (DVD / Netflix instant) - Riveting documentary about the guy that tight roped between the two WTC towers in 74.

Iraq in Fragments (DVD / Netflix instant) - Beautifully shot documentary with three stories - a sunni boy in baghdad, the sadrists in basra and the kurds in the north. Crazy stuff there. Nice to see a documentary from an Iraqi perspective for once.
                            Two weekends ago I saw Slumdog Millionaire. Its not horrible, in fact, Id say its good. But its also way overhyped for what it is. Theres such a dearth of movies though.

One movie to avoid is Paul Blart. I saw that Saturday. Wow, that sucked.

One movie that Id definitely recommend is Tell No One. Its a french movie that should be showing available on Net Flix soon if its not already. I saw it a few months ago. It was no The Lives of Others but it was an excellent film.

One movie that I want to see is Che.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                              I just got done reading the book "Into the Wild" by John Krakauer. It's a very compelling story about a kid who graduates college, and then hits the road for adventure across America. I absolutely loved the book, and so I picked up the movie - Great freaking movie. They did a fantastic job with the story.

Besides that, I'm becoming a big Emile Hirsh fan. He was great in Lords of Dogtown. I thought he did well in Alpha Dog too. This role, however, was special. Especially towards the end of the show. A very believable performance from an up and comer.

I highly recommend this flick.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LAuzT_x8Ek&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LAuzT_x8Ek&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                              hmmmmmmmm you know I have seen people like that , living life on their terms ...... might be a good movie

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
                                hmmmmmmmm you know I have seen people like that , living life on their terms ...... might be a good movie
                                You'd love it Spider. It's right up your alley.

Comment

Working...
                                X