Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies Coming Soon or Out Currently Worth Seeing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BFDD View Post
    liking it so far

Comment

• I love this criticker thing. now have a new time waster, lol

Comment

• Well saw Revolutionary Road yesterday. It was well done, but if you don't enjoy Sam Mendes films you may not enjoy this. He really likes to put Middle America's hypocricies and miseries on film. I wasn't a big fan of American Beauty when it originally came out, but as I as my life has changed so has my perspective on that film to some degree (I still have some issue with Mendes's propensity to be a bit pompous and patronizing in his attitude toward American suburbia, but this film was better I thought). But if you are looking for a happy movie, this is not it.

Comment

• In the past couple weeks I've seen Gran Torino, The Wrestler, and Frost/Nixon. Might go see Slumdog some time next week.

All were good and I thought Gran Torino and Frost/Nixon were real good. I like Marisa Tomei but didn't think she did anything out of the ordinary to garner all the award buzz. Eastwood is Eastwood and just brilliant in Torino and Frank Langella portrayal of Nixon was amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MechanicalBull View Post
            In the past couple weeks I've seen Gran Torino, The Wrestler, and Frost/Nixon. Might go see Slumdog some time next week.

All were good and I thought Gran Torino and Frost/Nixon were real good. I like Marisa Tomei but didn't think she did anything out of the ordinary to garner all the award buzz. Eastwood is Eastwood and just brilliant in Torino and Frank Langella portrayal of Nixon was amazing.
            I really, want to see all of those and now they finally have Slumdog closer to my house and the Wrestler. I really want to see Frost/Nixon. Totatally on a political film kick lately, Milk is also on my agenda. It would be nice if a good comedy came out too one of these days (and while I laughed at My Bloody Valentine I don't think they meant it to be funny, it was just stupid).

I will probably go totally mindless and see Friday the 13th (I know, I know, that sounds terrible, but i know what I am getting when I see it, it will be dumb no doubt, I didn't even like the original, but my friend and I really like horror movies and are going to have scary movie all girl slumber party thing).

Anyway good to know about those others from someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Independent View Post
              I really, want to see all of those and now they finally have Slumdog closer to my house and the Wrestler. I really want to see Frost/Nixon. Totatally on a political film kick lately, Milk is also on my agenda. It would be nice if a good comedy came out too one of these days (and while I laughed at My Bloody Valentine I don't think they meant it to be funny, it was just stupid).

I will probably go totally mindless and see Friday the 13th (I know, I know, that sounds terrible, but i know what I am getting when I see it, it will be dumb no doubt, I didn't even like the original, but my friend and I really like horror movies and are going to have scary movie all girl slumber party thing).

Anyway good to know about those others from someone else.
              My dad saw Slumdog yesterday and said it was one of the best movies he's seen in awhile.

Back to Frost/Nixon that movie just had me hooked from the beginning all the way until the end. Going in I said to myself that it will either be good or boring with the whole movie being just a 2 hour interview/conversation between Nixon and Frost.

The whole back story was interesting from who Frost was before the interview to researching bits for the interview and both sides trying to get the upper hand during the sit down. Nixon's phone call in the movie might have been my favorite part.

Comment

• I just saw Slumdog Millionaire (pretty much the only thing there other then Gran Torino) I would want to see (the Castle Rock theatre seems a bit limited and definitely more expensive then theatres in the Spring). It was quite good and to me at any rate it makes me grateful to be American and for the life I have. The abject poverty makes me realize how spoiled we really are. Not that I didn't kind of know that, but this reminded me. It was a great film. I really enjoyed it. And visiting Castle Rock made me realize when I come back to CO, I will be living in Denver, not in Castle Rock unless I come back married because I swear being single here is just odd. It's such a family-married people town (not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's a go to bed early kind of town and I am a night owl). Of course my night out this weekend made me realize I am a pub, sports bar girl, not a "Blondies" dance with 23 year old gay male claiming to be straight kind of club. THere I just felt old and it was expensive for 4 drinks, $50.

Anyway, random thoughts over, Slumdog is a great film

And while I think this is probably a crazed girl film, but I think I need to see my potential life story, "He's just not that into you."
                Last edited by Miss I.; 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Slumdog Millionaire is a great movie.

It doesn't hurt that Freida Pinto is crazy hot.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DomCasual;2267757]Slumdog Millionaire is a great movie.

It doesn't hurt that Freida Pinto is crazy hot.

[QUOTE]

Yes she was quite stunning actually, and so much prettier then pretty much all the bimbos the boys keep posting. She was so pretty, delicate and elegant.

The guys were great actors too, though neither would I say is a threat to the hollywood main stream in terms of looks and since we all know looks are the only thing that matters, it doesn't much matter how great they are as actors. Too bad really. I liked the brothers very much. Anyway, it was a very good film.

Comment

• i cant wait for the return of all the horror remakes this year. Friday the 13th looks cool, Nightmare on Elmstreet should be alright, Halloween 2 is gonna rock, a new Texas Chainsaw massacre is on the way, and I heard a rumor that they are gonna remake Hellraiser as well. Hopefully they will be smart and make these movies as bloody as possible without cutting the **** out of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdissette View Post
                        i cant wait for the return of all the horror remakes this year. Friday the 13th looks cool, Nightmare on Elmstreet should be alright, Halloween 2 is gonna rock, a new Texas Chainsaw massacre is on the way, and I heard a rumor that they are gonna remake Hellraiser as well. Hopefully they will be smart and make these movies as bloody as possible without cutting the **** out of them.

Hmm, I am going to go see Friday the 13th with a female friend of mine. We are making it a girl's night. She and I like scary movies. So we are going to do the movie, grab some dinner and brews at a new brewery and then head back to my house for a girl's slumber party and watch the remake of Halloween (still prefer the original in most ways). I thought they already remade Texas chainsaw massacre and how can they have a Halloween 2 when she blew his head off in the remake?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Independent View Post
                          Hmm, I am going to go see Friday the 13th with a female friend of mine. We are making it a girl's night. She and I like scary movies. So we are going to do the movie, grab some dinner and brews at a new brewery and then head back to my house for a girl's slumber party and watch the remake of Halloween (still prefer the original in most ways). I thought they already remade Texas chainsaw massacre and how can they have a Halloween 2 when she blew his head off in the remake?
                          First off, that whole slumber party thing is hot.....make sure you videotape it.lol Second, Halloween 2 is just a remake of the old one, and mike myers never dies so.......

Comment

• Saw Taken today. Excellent film. Action moved, but it was also compelling emotionally. I love Liam Neeson, he needs to be in more films.

Comment

• Taken looks awesome. I really want to see it.

Comment

• Hopefully if Taken does well, Neeson will be given more starring roles on big projects (he's got plenty of good starring roles on smaller ones).

Comment

Working...
                                X