This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator/Arbitration thread

It's come to my attention that we need to have a dialog.

There are tensions brewing over moderator functions on this board. I feel that sometimes vendettas maybe interpreted as action taken by people on this board. Now i'm not privy to all information available to a certain
    situation(s), so i'm only making an appeal based on my own facts taken.

If there is an issue about a poster's behaviour, that person needs to have action taken. I think one reason things are boiling over (specifically about slap v. garcia) is the lack of information available to as why he was banned, etc.

Maybe this would be a good time to vent our issues/frustrations and resolve them in a manner that isn't childish, etc.

Thanks,

Josh

during the offseason, this place sucks

that is all

Comment

Slap is a cockmunch sometimes.

Garcia is a troll sometimes.

Beerslug whines all the time.

Slap was banned for being a cockmunch by Garcia the mod, not Garcia the troll. Beerslug whines because his political threads are moved to the appropriate forum. Mods will from time to time move political threads of great importance to the main forum for a short period of time, or allow some important political threads to remain on te main forum but generally leave propaganda threads relegated to the propaganda forum. Beerslug whines about this because Garcia enforces the rules.

militia is right, the offseason is ****ing gay around here.

What I want to know is this. How come me telling Taco where he can stick a male body part merits a one month ban but Slap actively threatening people and wishing ill will on others only merits a one week ban? Where is the justice in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post

Slap was banned for being a cockmunch by Garcia the mod, not Garcia the troll. Beerslug whines because his political threads are moved to the appropriate forum. Mods will from time to time move political threads of great importance to the main forum for a short period of time, or allow some important political threads to remain on te main forum but generally leave propaganda threads relegated to the propaganda forum. Beerslug whines about this because Garcia enforces the rules.

Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post

What I want to know is this. How come me telling Taco where he can stick a male body part merits a one month ban but Slap actively threatening people and wishing ill will on others only merits a one week ban? Where is the justice in that?
          100% agree as well.

Comment

Alec brings up a point, how do we level "fairness" or "objectivity" on actions, etc.

Comment

I find this place pretty entertaining even during the offseason. If it's so 'gay' or terrible, why do those who think so come during the Spring/Summer months?

Comment

I'm good... Then again, i doubt i will ever get my dander up about how people moderate an internet message board.

Comment

Originally posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
                  Alec brings up a point, how do we level "fairness" or "objectivity" on actions, etc.
                  WE don't do it.....it is up to the mods, and for what it's worth...I think they do a great job. As one poster said in another thread....just act civil, don't be a prick to the Nth degree, and don't circumvent the filters.....and you'll be fine.

Comment

Everyone needs to be responsible for themself and not base their punishment on what someone else got.

I teach my daughter to be BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HERSELF! It cuts down on tattle tailing and the fact that she thinks she can blame someone else for her problems. She is only 4 & she is understanding how to be a responsible and respectful person.

It is none of our business what went down. We need to accept the disipline as does Slap.

to find out more Lee Canter Assertive Disipline techniques google Lee Canter Assertive Disipline.

I tell you the world would be a better place if people worried about their own actions/accepted responsibility for THEIR OWN ACTIONS/and kept their nose out of others business.

Comment

If you ban Slap, some other people who add NOTHING to this site whatsoever and instead turn every thread they post in into a discussion about their favorite team need to go also.

Comment

Originally posted by claviculasolomonis View Post

ok trouble maker.....keep it up and I'm going to ban you at the southstands just for the hell of it

Last edited by bronco militia; 06-27-2007, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jens1893 View Post
                          If you ban Slap, some other people who add NOTHING to this site whatsoever and instead turn every thread they post in into a discussion about their favorite team need to go also.
                          You're comparing apples to oranges. You can't ban someone for talking about football, if it's about a team other than the Broncos.

Comment

I call for a one week ban for the food jackers!

Comment

people just love to bitch. In reality the Orangemane has relatively hands off moderators. They'll move some threads around, which is nothing panty bunching as far as I'm concerned. Banning is pretty rare, so if you got banned, you probably deserved it. Banning isn't always punishment for one act ether, often times the person was on that road and finally went over the line.

Bottom line is, this is a pretty well run forum. I hope a bunch of whiners with sand in their crack don't ruin that for the majority of us.

Comment

Working...
                              X