Can We Go Into On-Season Mode Early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Go Into On-Season Mode Early?

I'm serious. If I want to chat about -- or read threads about -- WWE wrestlers and 16-year-old brides and Nirvana there are a dozen websites better suited to such stuff. But this remains the single best Bronco website. It would be nice if the front page was exclusively, or even predominately, Bronco/NFL related.

Maybe all the non-football stuff can get exiled to the off-topic or off-season areas? And maybe the Central Discussion area can always remain Bronco/NFL centric?

If nothing else, it might generate more football chat.

I don't think there's much to talk about regarding football right now.
    I wouldn't mind going into on-season mode, though. Bah... actually... I really don't care.

Comment

If you don't feel there are enough football threads or quality threads then there is an easy way to change that.

Make one.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
        I don't think there's much to talk about regarding football right now.
        I wouldn't mind going into on-season mode, though. Bah... actually... I really don't care.
        Over at denverbroncos.com they had a thread which asked?

"What will be the first play the Broncos run?"

I was riveted.

Comment

Originally posted by telluride View Post
          I'm serious. If I want to chat about -- or read threads about -- WWE wrestlers and 16-year-old brides and Nirvana there are a dozen websites better suited to such stuff. But this remains the single best Bronco website. It would be nice if the front page was exclusively, or even predominately, Bronco/NFL related.

Maybe all the non-football stuff can get exiled to the off-topic or off-season areas? And maybe the Central Discussion area can always remain Bronco/NFL centric?

So what do you suggest getting rid of Boob, Crazyhorse, and Zach? I doubt that flies with .05% of this board... unfortunately, that .05 has 99.999% of the vote in making such call.

So, even when we go into "On-Season" mode, you can count on the front page being riddled with stuff other than the Broncos/NFL centric

Comment

This thread is not football related. Can it be moved to an appropriate forum?

Comment

Originally posted by ZachKC View Post
              If you don't feel there are enough football threads or quality threads then there is an easy way to change that.

Make one.
              Exaccitaly.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas View Post
                Over at denverbroncos.com they had a thread which asked?

"What will be the first play the Broncos run?"

I was riveted.
                Ive seen it also, i was so excited.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan13 View Post
                  So what do you suggest getting rid of Boob, Crazyhorse, and Zach? I doubt that flies with .05% of this board... unfortunately, that .05 has 99.999% of the vote in making such call.

So, even when we go into "On-Season" mode, you can count on the front page being riddled with stuff other than the Broncos/NFL centric
                  Having KC trolls around makes me feel better about myself.

Comment

How many times can one talk about the draft, the mini camps, the OTA's. I think every topic that could possibly be discussed has been again and again and again. Relax the first week of traing camp is getting near.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                      This is the best part. What better way to really show those off-topic people by making a thread which has nothing to do with football.

But hey, we could always debate about such-and-such player we should bring in, or how Cutler is coming along, because we don't have enough of those threads daily... Or wait, maybe a Jake Plummer thread! That'd be football!

Comment

If you are going to complain about Off-season mode and threads not pertaining to Football being started in the main forum then lead by example AND POST IT IN THE OFF TOPIC FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                          Touche.

But I'd argue that it is football related. We need more football chat on here. You guys are mocking the other board and their "what will be the first play" thread, but that actually might generate some interesting discussion. To wit:

I was disappointed in 'Dinger's play calling this past year -- and this after having been a Dinger fan in his previous stint here. So was his poor playcalling due to Plummer's limitations? The poor line play? The RB shortcomings? Or that Shanny was actually still calling things?

Discuss.

Comment

!

Originally posted by telluride View Post

Ban him!

Comment

Moved!

That defeats the whole purpose!

Comment

Working...
                              X