Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrent Williams Children's Fund

A memorial fund has been set up by the team:

The purpose of the fund is to benefit Williams' two children for future educational and health needs.

Contributions can be sent to:

Darrent Williams Children s Fund

c/o Denver Broncos

13655 Broncos Parkway

Englewood, CO 80112

They need to get some PayPal going!

But as soon as I can get a money order, I'll have to donate.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks for the info, man.

Comment

I know this sounds coldhearted but I suspect there are thousands of children in Denver more in need of money than D-Will's children. Yes, it's terrible they no longer have a father and my heart goes out to them but the NFL support system will see to it they are taken care of. Rumor has it that some of Darrent's teammates are very wealthy. I'm sure some of them will make sure these children don't go hungry.

Better that you should give the money to the local children's hospital or local charities so orphans who did not have a rich father might be able to have some of the same benefits Williams' children will get.
          Last edited by TexanBob; 01-03-2007, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanBob View Post
            I know this sounds coldhearted but I suspect there are thousands of children in Denver more in need of money than D-Will's children. Yes, it's terrible they no longer have a father and my heart goes out to them but the NFL support system will see to it they are taken care of. Rumor has it that some of Darrent's teammates are very wealthy. I'm sure some of them will make sure these children don't go hungry.

Better that you should give the money to the local children's hospital or local charities so orphans who did not have a rich father might be able to have some of the same benefits Williams' children will get.
            Well that may well be Bob but either the family/Broncos set up a children's fund. I don't have the details on Darren'ts contract but between a rookie contract, taxes, buying his mother a home (Which was reported much nicer than the one he lived in), a 24 year old guy having fun-Which I don't blame him one bit, there may not have been much left over. I'm sure Darrent's financial plan didn't include not playing beyond his second year.

I think if everyone takes the position that "somebody else will do something for him" than the kids may infact be left high and dry by the time they reach 18 years old and want to go to college etc.

I do agree with you Bob that there are plenty of other children in Denver that probably need help just as much help and we should do our part to help them as well.

Whether we help Darrent's children or other children in the Denver area I think Darrent would appeciate it.

Comment

Fully agree and it is not cold-hearted at all. These kinds of things always happen when someone known, popular, famous, etc. dies. It is just human nature.

However, the info is there if it makes you feel better to do something like this and donate your money. It is your money, do with it as you please. Perhaps DWill's family will turn right around and put that money right back into their community in some form. I'm sure his family will wish to keep going the plans he had layed down. Shanny even said the same thing in his press interview: they'll make sure to keep alive the things he wanted to do.

It is all good and I'm sure it'll go where it is needed eventually.

Comment

He put his body and health on the line for two years to entertain the fans in this city. He played with injuries and did it all knowing that it probably would cause health issues for him after his career was over, if not taking years off of his life.

I'm not saying that Broncos fans owe his family anything because of that, it's just something to keep in mind when making a decision.

Comment

Or, in Dallas, for that matter...

The way I look at it, Darrent's intentions were to help out the underprivileged children in his community.

Comment

If anyone cares to donate God bless. I'm sure the Broncos passed the hat or will.

None of that will bring him back. I'm so pissed.

Comment

Of course many will give simply to express their support of someone they cared about. It's very natural and I'm not criticising anyone who gives.

Athletes do, however, have unique ways of making money. They can take a sharpie and scribble their name on a piece of cardboard, sell it at auction and make hundreds of dollars for a cause. You or I can't do that.

Comment

Then seek out a charity you like & feel needs the money more & give in his memory or list the name of some charities here so we all can do the same if some of us agree with you.

Do something & act on your words rather than bitch & complain.

Comment

The intent of the fund is to provide medical or educational assistance to Darrent William's children. If you think he had that all taken care of by age 24or that his friends should be obligated to take on that responsibility you live in a mighty mature and generous world.

Comment

Paypal needed.

Comment

how about giving to the charity you feel is more deserving in darrents name.

Comment

Working...
                              X