Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Bronco asks O-Maners for help with his book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx33
    replied
    Lots of pictures so cheaps fans can read it.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamau
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
    I don't know if he'd be interested in questions from a Chiefs fan, but I'd like to know what the Broncos-Chiefs rivalry was like back then.
    KC was a big time rivlary, second only to Oakland. Now its the other way around simply because KC is considerably better than Chokeland these days:-)

Leave a comment:

• Bronx33
    replied
    Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
    Fans who grew up during the Elway years can't relate to the experience of going for years thinking you'd never even have a winning season and then suddenly all at once, you're in the Super Bowl...the dream come true. The emotions of losing that game are something I'll never forget. It was such a huge buildup in Denver that year. Everything was painted orange, including people. I was 19...and when they lost the Super Bowl, the emotional fall was so fast and so far...I cried like a baby.

Years later...I finally felt the other side of that roller coaster...a high I've never had in sports before or since...when they finally won it all against the Packers.

How did the players deal with the dissapointment of losing? Why was Red Miller such a quick exit after the meteoric rise...and what became of him? Is he still alive? What's he doing today and is he a Denver fan?

Exactly what i was thinking i was about 12 years old.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx33
    replied
    What was it like to play with lyle alzado some inside info on his on field antics specifically vs the raiders would be cool.
    Last edited by Bronx33; 09-20-2006, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    To this day I still thought it was a fumble but I was living in coldwater Michigan then & my dog was found dead before kick off so I was not all there for most of the game but saw the fumble. Glad that went our way.Cowgirls would have crushed butt-pirates in out place if they go in stead of Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Atlas
    replied
    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
    they interviewed Madden on that game and he said he doesnt know about the fumble but the Broncos out played them so bad that he basically said the best team won. Good to hear it from a faider.
    It was a fumble you can clearly see it on the replay. It was falling out while Lytle was still in the air.

Leave a comment:

• broncocalijohn
    replied
    Originally posted by bendog View Post
    That was my question. Where was he on the Lytle fumble? What was the on field reaction. But also, the broncos were robbed by a bad call that allowed the Faide to score shortly before the fumble. What was the reaction on the sideline to that call?

Also, my recollection is that the Runningback by committee was really necessitated by Armstrong getting a bum knee and really not being all that he'd been.

I also seem to recall the broncos partied a bit too hard prior to the superbowl.
    they interviewed Madden on that game and he said he doesnt know about the fumble but the Broncos out played them so bad that he basically said the best team won. Good to hear it from a faider.

Leave a comment:

• milehimike
    replied
    1977 a great year

It was the year I moved to Denver. The thing about the Broncos and the fans I remember the most, was the Orange Crush mantra. The wave of that mantra swept me up and that is when I became a true Broncoholic,like I am now. I t was a great atmosphere to get caught up in, and I wes glad to get caught up in it.

Leave a comment:

• milehimike
    replied
    don't waste your time on them!!!

[QUOTE=Hotrod;1239976]What does he think the players on that team would think of the likes of TO, Moss, Assy Lelie etc...[/QMost of them would say get rid of the p*ssies. Lets just play football!!!!

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Atlas View Post
    you old fugger
    I am looking at my 1975 Bronco Buck from the 1st of Denver Bank with the season schedule on it right now re-living days of wine & roses, or at least Kool aid & Steve Austin 6 Million Dollar man Action Figures...

Leave a comment:

• Atlas
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
    Ahhh... no. But it was a fun book about my boyhood idol. Without Floyd I would not have become a Broncos fan. He sparked it all.
    you old fugger

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    good questions
    Coming from you (& Kyla) that means a lot!

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    was there anything that was shocking about it?
    Ahhh... no. But it was a fun book about my boyhood idol. Without Floyd I would not have become a Broncos fan. He sparked it all.

Leave a comment:

• Atlas
    replied
    BTW I read a great book about Floyd Little called Tales from the Broncos Side line. You all should get that while you are waiting for this one. It is on Amazon.com.
    was there anything that was shocking about it?

Leave a comment:

• Atlas
    replied
    How did it feel to win the division for the 1st time

How did having to rotate QB's affect the huddle & the mind set of the offense. Was the Offense used to it by the Super Bowl, was Weese a QB the team rallyed around or felt like they had to press harder for to make a play when he was in? What was the over all mind set of the players when Norris Weese came onto the field? Morton seemed to make things happen, Weese to a kid of 11 seemed to be a coaches favorite, a guy that a coach thought he could get to make a few plays with a game. just my observation from 30 years back...
    good questions

Leave a comment:

Working...
X