Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Bronco asks O-Maners for help with his book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco_Beerslug
    Carson was a damn good LB, Gradishar was better but a big part of the blame lies on the Bronco organization for Bronco players not getting the recognition they deserve.
    The main problem is all Gradishar's fault. He only played 10 years in the league. I would love to know why he quit playing so early. I mean he went to the probowl his last year he had a good 3 to 4 years left. If he would have played to 1986 and been on that SB team he would be in the HOF right now.

Comment

I agree that Denver players don't get the recognition they deserve and there are several factors for that, but the man averaged 200 tackles per year. The argument has been that those stats are unreliable because the team tracked them, but he was absolutely dominant. It seemed like he and Lambert were the MLBs that the rest were judged against.
      Last edited by Stuck In Texas; 08-26-2006, 01:39 AM.

Comment

The Kenworth was a load running the ball. I loved the guy even during his CU days........my question to him would be "What was the one thing or person that deserves the most credit in changing the team from a never been to the playoffs doormat to perrenial contender back in the 70's?........

Comment

I think part of the blame for guys like Gradishar and Floyd Little (and others) not being in the HOF are the sports writers who were supposed to argue their cases back then (Probably Woody Paige and Adam Schefter). I hear new HOF writer, Jeff Legwold, is trying his best to get deserving Broncos in the Hall... but according to an article by Boulder Camera writer, Ryan Thorburn, last year about Little, he says the past HOF writers representing Denver didn't do a good enough job arguing their cases . . .

"I spoke with some Hall of Fame voters this week and they said the reason Little did not get in was because he didn't have a strong enough advocate (local voter) to argue his case when it was time for the writers to cast their ballots. The only way No. 44 will be selected now is by the Hall of Fame's senior committee"

Comment

How did it feel to win the division for the 1st time

How did having to rotate QB's affect the huddle & the mind set of the offense. Was the Offense used to it by the Super Bowl, was Weese a QB the team rallyed around or felt like they had to press harder for to make a play when he was in? What was the over all mind set of the players when Norris Weese came onto the field? Morton seemed to make things happen, Weese to a kid of 11 seemed to be a coaches favorite, a guy that a coach thought he could get to make a few plays with a game. just my observation from 30 years back...

Comment

BTW I read a great book about Floyd Little called Tales from the Broncos Side line. You all should get that while you are waiting for this one. It is on Amazon.com.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                How did it feel to win the division for the 1st time

How did having to rotate QB's affect the huddle & the mind set of the offense. Was the Offense used to it by the Super Bowl, was Weese a QB the team rallyed around or felt like they had to press harder for to make a play when he was in? What was the over all mind set of the players when Norris Weese came onto the field? Morton seemed to make things happen, Weese to a kid of 11 seemed to be a coaches favorite, a guy that a coach thought he could get to make a few plays with a game. just my observation from 30 years back...
                good questions

Comment

BTW I read a great book about Floyd Little called Tales from the Broncos Side line. You all should get that while you are waiting for this one. It is on Amazon.com.
                  was there anything that was shocking about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas View Post
                    was there anything that was shocking about it?
                    Ahhh... no. But it was a fun book about my boyhood idol. Without Floyd I would not have become a Broncos fan. He sparked it all.

Comment

good questions
                      Coming from you (& Kyla) that means a lot!

Comment

Ahhh... no. But it was a fun book about my boyhood idol. Without Floyd I would not have become a Broncos fan. He sparked it all.
                        you old fugger

Comment

you old fugger
                          I am looking at my 1975 Bronco Buck from the 1st of Denver Bank with the season schedule on it right now re-living days of wine & roses, or at least Kool aid & Steve Austin 6 Million Dollar man Action Figures...

Comment

don't waste your time on them!!!

[QUOTE=Hotrod;1239976]What does he think the players on that team would think of the likes of TO, Moss, Assy Lelie etc...[/QMost of them would say get rid of the p*ssies. Lets just play football!!!!

Comment

1977 a great year

It was the year I moved to Denver. The thing about the Broncos and the fans I remember the most, was the Orange Crush mantra. The wave of that mantra swept me up and that is when I became a true Broncoholic,like I am now. I t was a great atmosphere to get caught up in, and I wes glad to get caught up in it.

Comment

Originally posted by bendog View Post
                                That was my question. Where was he on the Lytle fumble? What was the on field reaction. But also, the broncos were robbed by a bad call that allowed the Faide to score shortly before the fumble. What was the reaction on the sideline to that call?

Also, my recollection is that the Runningback by committee was really necessitated by Armstrong getting a bum knee and really not being all that he'd been.

I also seem to recall the broncos partied a bit too hard prior to the superbowl.
                                they interviewed Madden on that game and he said he doesnt know about the fumble but the Broncos out played them so bad that he basically said the best team won. Good to hear it from a faider.

Comment

Working...
                                X