Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Bronco asks O-Maners for help with his book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A whole chapter dedicated towards Mr. Armstrong, whom he shared the backfield with most of his career. How many yards he feels Otis would have had if not for the injuries or being held back by Red Miller.

Views on who he feels were the nastiest players he went up against (Tatum, Sistrunk, Lambert). Some of the overrated and underrated/Gradishar players during his time.

What SB week was like especially with all the Orange Crush craze going on. Seemed like they centered the talked to much about and around Alzado that week.

Comment

What did Paul Howard say to Mean Joe Greene (he visibly approached him) after Greene punched him in the stomach in the AFC Divisional (and didn't get caught)?

Comment

I would have three questions:

What does he think of the Rob Lytle "fumble" in the playoff game against the Raiders? Did the team use the commentary about the play after the game as a rallying point leading up to the Super Bowl?

How would he rank the biggest wins from that season? You could argue that the first win at Oakland was every bit as important as the win in the AFC Championship game. When he thinks of that season, what stands out in his mind as the highest highs the team experienced?

And one more - although it isn't specifically about only the '77 season: Did the team generally know of Lyle Alzado's creative use of pharmaceuticals?

Comment

My question would be "What was the mood like on the Bronco team just before the season started? What was it like after the Broncos destroyed the World Champion Raiders in Oakland?

Is Randy Gradishar really God?

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John
            There were two losses that season... One in week seven, and one in week 14, the last week of the season.

The week seven loss was against the Oakland Raiders. The week 14 loss was against the eventual Superbowl champion Dallas Cowboys.

Which loss was a worse blow? Obviously, the team bounced back from both of them. I'd like to hear about how the team reacted to those losses, and what came out of them in hindsight that showed the heart of a Champion in the team.
            That's an easy question. The Oakland loss hurt bad. They lost at Mile High and everyone in the Country thought the Broncos would fold after that game. The smart money was on the Faiders winning the division after that game.

The loss against the Cowboys was meaningless because they already had homefield wrapped up.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff
              Red Miller and his personality seemed so very integral to the success ... what kind of coach was he, and why did he never coach again after Kaiser fired him three years later? Was he in "over his head" from a pure football standpoint as some have said?

What was the true extent of Glassic's illness before the Super Bowl, and just how much weight had he lost? (Some estimate 20 pounds in 3 weeks, but that seems unlikely). Was Glassic's condition the biggest reason Harvey Martin went wild?

Who wrote the silly lyrics to Jon's "Make Those Miracles Happen" ?
              I'd like to know about Red Miller too did he have a drinking problem

I'd also like to know what was Joe Collier's coaching style was he a players coach.

Comment

Originally posted by The Moops

Finally, does he think he fumbled in that controversial 77 AFC Championship game vs the Raiders?
                Lytle is the one that fumbled not Keyworth and yes it was an obvious fumble.
                Last edited by Atlas; 08-25-2006, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Is he involved with the Broncos today? If not is he an avid fan of the team or just a casual observer. What was his reaction when the Broncos won SBXXXII?

Comment

I'd first thank him for the 74 season. It was the first time watching the Broncos that I got a feel that we could really do something. He and Armstrong did some scoring. Then I'd want to know if the team really felt that Morton could lead the team, not just for that SB with his injuries but overall. I was not a fan of Morton's. Also who at that time was the player he most admired.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns
                      I'd first thank him for the 74 season. It was the first time watching the Broncos that I got a feel that we could really do something. He and Armstrong did some scoring. Then I'd want to know if the team really felt that Morton could lead the team, not just for that SB with his injuries but overall. I was not a fan of Morton's. Also who at that time was the player he most admired.
                      Morton was a huge upgrade over Steve Ramsey. Morton was a lot like Jake last year. Play within yourself and don't turn the ball over. Unlike Jake Morton would just take the sack if no one was open. He took serious beatings.
                      Last edited by Atlas; 08-24-2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Morton was absolutely nothing like Plummer.

Comment

He also wasn't a HUGE upgrade over Charlie Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Tredici
                            He also wasn't a HUGE upgrade over Charlie Johnson.
                            I changed it already. He was a huge upgrade over Ramsey. Johnson wasn't even with the team in 1977.
                            Last edited by Atlas; 08-24-2006, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by watermock
                              Morton was absolutely nothing like Plummer.
                              Their game wasn't alike but they did both play conservative games and not make turnovers. That's all.
                              Last edited by Atlas; 08-24-2006, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas
                                I changed it already. He was a huge upgrade over Ramsey. Johnson was even with the team in 1977.
                                Oh good. I thought if Hogan sees that diss on Charley, Atlas is in BIG trouble.

Ramsey. Actually a rock might've been an upgrade over Ramsey...

Comment

Working...
                                X