No announcement yet.

Cutting and pasting insider reports...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting and pasting insider reports...

Hey all...

I just wanted to drop a line to warn people that we can no longer cut and paste insider material from other sources. If you have to pay to see it, it shouldn't be cut and pasted on this board. There is a lot of copyright action going on with message boards these days, and sites such as ESPN Insider are putting boards on notice that this activity won't go unpunished. If it's pay content, don't post it. If it's free content, be sure to LINK to it and give them credit! It would be best to just post the intoductory summary (a few paragraphs) and then link to the article. This way, we get the news we want, and they get the traffic that they want. That will keep me out of trouble with them, and it will ensure that we have a site that stays out of courts.

Likewise, please do not cut and paste exculsive insider reports from competing message boards to this forum. If you see an insider report on another Broncos Message board, you are welcome to post a link to that insider report and give a summary of what it is, but please do not cut and paste the material without crediting the site that it came from... Which is the most important part... If you take an insider report from a competing message board, drop a link to their site. They deserve it. We shouldn't be stealing content from other sites, but especially not without giving them a link as credit.

This goes as well for the insider reports that are involved with this site. Please do not cut and paste our insider reports on a competing message board. This is our exclusive content. You are welcome to link to exclusive reports, where people can read them here, but cutting and pasting them in entirety to a competing board creates problems.

Sorry for being uptight about all this, but with the new server comes new responsibilities for me. I need to watch the Orange Mane's back, and I hope you'll do your part to help.

Thanks.

TJ

Originally posted by Taco John
    and sites such as ESPN Insider are putting boards on notice that this activity won't go unpunished.

TJ
    Like the folks at ESPN have actually had an original thought in the last 3 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballhawk
      Like the folks at ESPN have actually had an original thought in the last 3 years?

I hear ya... Nevertheless, it's their content, and they want you to pay to see it. It does them no good if someone just cuts and pastes it on a public forum. In fact, it makes them very angry...

Comment

I hear ya... Nevertheless, it's their content, and they want you to pay to see it. It does them no good if someone just cuts and pastes it on a public forum. In fact, it makes them very angry...
        ......and you wouldn't like them when their angry

Comment

Hey all...

I just wanted to drop a line to warn people that we can no longer cut and paste insider material from other sources. If you have to pay to see it, it shouldn't be cut and pasted on this board. There is a lot of copyright action going on with message boards these days, and sites such as ESPN Insider are putting boards on notice that this activity won't go unpunished. If it's pay content, don't post it. If it's free content, be sure to LINK to it and give them credit! It would be best to just post the intoductory summary (a few paragraphs) and then link to the article. This way, we get the news we want, and they get the traffic that they want. That will keep me out of trouble with them, and it will ensure that we have a site that stays out of courts.

Likewise, please do not cut and paste exculsive insider reports from competing message boards to this forum. If you see an insider report on another Broncos Message board, you are welcome to post a link to that insider report and give a summary of what it is, but please do not cut and paste the material without crediting the site that it came from... Which is the most important part... If you take an insider report from a competing message board, drop a link to their site. They deserve it. We shouldn't be stealing content from other sites, but especially not without giving them a link as credit.

This goes as well for the insider reports that are involved with this site. Please do not cut and paste our insider reports on a competing message board. This is our exclusive content. You are welcome to link to exclusive reports, where people can read them here, but cutting and pasting them in entirety to a competing board creates problems.

Sorry for being uptight about all this, but with the new server comes new responsibilities for me. I need to watch the Orange Mane's back, and I hope you'll do your part to help.

Thanks.

TJ
          Quick way around this is to simply give them credit and only post a portion of the article. I deal with this stuff daily, internet content copyrights that is, and you can post all of an article except one part and you are not infringing on their copyright. Leave the last paragraph out, give the site its credit, and you are good.

**** ESPN anyway.

Comment

I'm glad T.J. said something.

Comment

Here. new announcement.

Anyone wanting an Insider Report on the Donks, PM me and I will send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecRaenos
                Quick way around this is to simply give them credit and only post a portion of the article. I deal with this stuff daily, internet content copyrights that is, and you can post all of an article except one part and you are not infringing on their copyright. Leave the last paragraph out, give the site its credit, and you are good.

**** ESPN anyway.
                You're absolutely correct on something finally!

ESPN ROCKS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Beerslug
                  You're absolutely correct on something finally!

ESPN ROCKS!!!!!
                  Somehow I doubt the word you used to describe ESPN and the word I used to describe ESPN are the same word.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecRaenos
                    Somehow I doubt the word you used to describe ESPN and the word I used to describe ESPN are the same word.
                    I know they're not but I was referring to your take on posting copyright material.

Comment

Oh, well, I do it all the time at work and they cant do anything about it.

Now, when the internet laws become more strict, then Google will also be in violation and they will go after them way before me.

Comment

Here's a great example of how it is best done...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=29111

If we're good neighbors, good things will happen for our community. When other sites get traffic from us, we add value to them, while still getting the news we want.

This is going to become increasingly important for us, as I work to create a dynamic front page here that borrows heavily on the stuff going on here on the boards... If I can get it all pulled together right, it's going to be damn cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend
                          Is this your full time job, big man?

I only wish...

Comment

No, this is hobby... My full time job is as a PR Account Manager for a local Marketing and PR Agency. It's a demanding job, and most of the time I like it... But my dream has always been to work for the Broncos PR department... Problem is, I married a home girl whose family lives in the Portland Oregon area. Moving isn't an option. And I love the woman, so neither is divorce. That's part of the reason why I started this place. I had planned this whole idea in college, when I was taking communications, web development, and media management classes. I've got so many ideas for it, but never enough time to implement them all. Plus, no sponsorship to chase my ideas.

But mostly I do it because I love it and it keeps me sane. It's a great hobby, and who knows what it could turn into someday. But I'm not so worried about someday as I am in today... Or more like tomorrow, when I get to tailgate with Meck77 and meet fellow fans who share my same passions... Former strangers whom I'd have never met if it wasn't for this thing I whipped together and kept feeding... I can go anywhere the Broncos are playing, and meet people who I have already gotten to know through our interactions on the board. It's incredible really... And best of all, you can too! It's an amazing thing, this internet is...

Comment

No, this is hobby... My full time job is as a PR Account Manager for a local Marketing and PR Agency. It's a demanding job, and most of the time I like it... But my dream has always been to work for the Broncos PR department... Problem is, I married a home girl whose family lives in the Portland Oregon area. Moving isn't an option. And I love the woman, so neither is divorce. That's part of the reason why I started this place. I had planned this whole idea in college, when I was taking communications, web development, and media management classes. I've got so many ideas for it, but never enough time to implement them all. Plus, no sponsorship to chase my ideas.

But mostly I do it because I love it and it keeps me sane. It's a great hobby, and who knows what it could turn into someday. But I'm not so worried about someday as I am in today... Or more like tomorrow, when I get to tailgate with Meck77 and meet fellow fans who share my same passions... Former strangers whom I'd have never met if it wasn't for this thing I whipped together and kept feeding... I can go anywhere the Broncos are playing, and meet people who I have already gotten to know through our interactions on the board. It's incredible really... And best of all, you can too! It's an amazing thing, this internet is...
                              TJ

IF you're currently crying I will lose all respect for you. Stop getting sappy on us.

Comment

Working...
                              X