A new idea for the Orangemane.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new idea for the Orangemane.com

I am very happy with this website and am thankful for those who run it. You are doing a great job. Now, I am assuming one of the Mods is the website creator.

I think a "A Reply notification Tool" would be a cool idea. Just like this website notifies you about Private messages in the top right box. There could be one line added and it would say "Replies:". And Whenever someone either quotes or replies to a post you wrote, then it notifies you.

So, in the top right, it would look like this.

Welcome, Username.
    You last visited:
    Private messages:
    Replies:

Let the flaming begin.
    Last edited by NoFlyZone; 01-10-2016, 11:54 PM.

An interesting idea. Not sure if such a mod currently exists in the library of mods, but it's likely we're going to be moving to vBulletin 5 in the offseason. We made the switch once before, but it turned out that the software wasn't ready for prime time back then. It's come a long ways since then. I'll examine to see if such a feature exists in the new package.

Comment

Sounds like Realgm when you get notified once someone And1's your post or quotes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
        An interesting idea. Not sure if such a mod currently exists in the library of mods, but it's likely we're going to be moving to vBulletin 5 in the offseason. We made the switch once before, but it turned out that the software wasn't ready for prime time back then. It's come a long ways since then. I'll examine to see if such a feature exists in the new package.
        Very cool. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

xenforo.com is a social messageboard that has that feature and many more

Comment

If you have someone on ignore they should be totally blocked and not seen in other people's quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
              If you have someone on ignore they should be totally blocked and not seen in other people's quotes.
              THIS

Comment

This times a billion.

Comment

Better coffee and a properly working fridge in the break room.

Comment

This feature has been out for vbulletin for ages.

Not only that - there are also "mentions" now too.

For example if I made a post that contained @Username - the member "Username" would have a section in his panel that would link him to the post...same concept as the "quoted" feature.

Anytime someone is quoted, there is a panel that links you to that specific post in which someone quoted you.

For example - I could make a post that says

We have dumbass fans.

@OABB @CHEF LUIGI

Then they would get notifications when they log onto the site.

Comment

I would donate money for these options.

Comment

Word. But I can't think of any message board where the "quoted" feature of an ignored user is also ignored. That's some ground-breaking **** you're asking for

Comment

Browsers are equipped with "scroll" buttons -- it's really not that difficult to scroll on past any content that one finds annoying. And sometimes one "accidentally" finds sublime entertainment that way. Or not. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                            Browsers are equipped with "scroll" buttons -- it's really not that difficult to scroll on past any content that one finds annoying. And sometimes one "accidentally" finds sublime entertainment that way. Or not. *shrug*
                            True enough.

But when entire pages are dedicated to ****ing bull**** -- the Chrissy era (error?) comes to mind -- you're scrolling past entire pages of ****ing bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                              This feature has been out for vbulletin for ages.

Not only that - there are also "mentions" now too.

For example if I made a post that contained @Username - the member "Username" would have a section in his panel that would link him to the post...same concept as the "quoted" feature.

Anytime someone is quoted, there is a panel that links you to that specific post in which someone quoted you.

For example - I could make a post that says

We have dumbass fans.

@OABB @CHEF LUIGI

Then they would get notifications when they log onto the site.

That would be awesome! I love knowing when someone's got a crush on me.

And I could say "hey, has anyone noticed @action disappeared when Brock was leading us to huge victories and is now coming back to take passive aggressive shots at the guy who punked him?"
                              Last edited by OABB; 01-11-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X