The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default Seriously it's come to this

I would rather watch Tebow fail at trying to succeed than Orton succeed at trying not to fail.

I know that is a bit lopsided and backwards from being a homer but from a fan excitement standpoint I'd at least be willing to watch a whole game because of the randomness of the outcome rather than the certainty of an impossible come from behind defeat.

'nuff said
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Just bustin' your balls.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

It looks like Fox was the worse choice for HC for Tebow. He has no imagination, old school is not what Tebow needs I hope he ends up on a team that sees his possibilities. What a waste!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
vonqkilla

Reports tonite say the players are sick of the controversy, and if I read it right, its really bothering Neckbeard, not that we didn't know that.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

We're not sick of controversy we are sick of losing.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
Reports tonite say the players are sick of the controversy, and if I read it right, its really bothering Neckbeard, not that we didn't know that.
Link? Where did you get this info?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Good, it will lead to cutting or trading Tebow and then fans will really show Elway what its like to be booed at home. I don't envy EFXs position at all right now. Sorry ass team and your biggest fears as an organization will come true if you cater to the vets anymore than you already have. Cut or trade Tebow and they will end up with boo birds everywhere followed closely by empty seats all over SA Field. They're pretty much *****d at this point. Not trading Orton will turn out to be their downfall.

It's all pretty simple too. Tebow stinks up the field and they get their QB in 2012 and fans stop boring b/c they finally got to see what Tebow could do... If by some miracle he does well and is promising enough, you're a year further into building your team and can focus on the trenches finally. Don't play Tebow and the fans will always hold that against them. Cut or trade him and watch him have success like Hills and they will never live it down. I get they can't do that just yet, the Vets will give up... Tells me all I need to know about these vets. But anyhow, in three weeks when Orton leads us to an 0-4 record they can sell the change easily enough.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Good, it will lead to cutting or trading Tebow and then fans will really show Elway what its like to be booed at home. I don't envy EFXs position at all right now. Sorry ass team and your biggest fears as an organization will come true if you cater to the vets anymore than you already have. Cut or trade Tebow and they will end up with boo birds everywhere followed closely by empty seats all over SA Field. They're pretty much *****d at this point. Not trading Orton will turn out to be their downfall.

It's all pretty simple too. Tebow stinks up the field and they get their QB in 2012 and fans stop boring b/c they finally got to see what Tebow could do... If by some miracle he does well and is promising enough, you're a year further into building your team and can focus on the trenches finally. Don't play Tebow and the fans will always hold that against them. Cut or trade him and watch him have success like Hills and they will never live it down. I get they can't do that just yet, the Vets will give up... Tells me all I need to know about these vets. But anyhow, in three weeks when Orton leads us to an 0-4 record they can sell the change easily enough.
Drafting Tebow will become known as McD's revenge. The HAVE to play him or lose what's left of their fan base.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Why should we care whether its really bothering him?

I'm also not sure why we should care whether the players are "sick" of this controversy.

There's a way to stop people talking about an uncomfortable situation: Play better....or at least do something other than get physically manhandled at home by a division rival.

Is their mental focus that weak that they're upset about fans talking about the QB situation. Newsflash: After the CIN and TEN game, the schedule becomes absolutely brutal for a while. If they don't get better fast, their is going to be an absolute ****storm of criticism that will make this post-MNF discussion seem like a walk in the park.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Drafting Tebow will become known as McD's revenge. The HAVE to play him or lose what's left of their fan base.
Seats I have heard were offered to fans that were on the list for only two and three years. 3 years ago that was at least a 10 year wait. You don't fix that by thumping your nose at the fans. I wonder how mnay people finished all of the games last year. BTW, fans were bailing out of SA Field by the 3rd quarter. Not much faith in this team to recover when faced with adversity.

How long before Elway and Co. See it themselves?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

I'm also not sure why we should care whether the players are "sick" of this controversy.

There's a way to stop people talking about an uncomfortable situation: Play better....or at least do something other than get physically manhandled at home by a division rival.

Is their mental focus that weak that they're upset about fans talking about the QB situation. Newsflash: After the CIN and TEN game, the schedule becomes absolutely brutal for a while. If they don't get better fast, their is going to be an absolute ****storm of criticism that will make this post-MNF discussion seem like a walk in the park.
Yup!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Seats I have heard were offered to fans that were on the list for only two and three years. 3 years ago that was at least a 10 year wait. You don't fix that by thumping your nose at the fans. I wonder how mnay people finished all of the games last year. BTW, fans were bailing out of SA Field by the 3rd quarter. Not much faith in this team to recover when faced with adversity.

How long before Elway and Co. See it themselves?
Oh they see it they are just too steeped in the NFL ways to do anything constructive about it.

If McD were here you can bet Tebow would be starting and lighting it up.

With Tebow we win last night.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #13
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

This is spot on and exactly the way I feel. I think at this point, the coaches and the front office are sinking in to the reality that Orton is a not-so-insignificant part of the reason why we only won 3 games last year, and the visions of grandeur that Orton can lead this team to a significant number of wins are delusional at best. But this is a people oriented game, and the front office has to give Orton every chance to succeed before they move on and finally move forward. This means four games at a minimum. And I would think the bar would be set pretty low - 2 wins in four games should allow Orton to keep his job. That puts us on pace for 8-8. 1 win in four games should cost him his job.

There is no way that this fan base is going to allow Orton to start all year though. That stadium will be empty by the end of October win or lose. We saw it on Prime Time television. Nobody wants to see Orton struggle when they can watch Tebow struggle.

Last edited by Taco John; 09-13-2011 at 10:47 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This is spot on and exactly the way I feel. I think at this point, the coaches and the front office are sinking in to the reality that Orton is a not-so-insignificant part of the reason why we only won 3 games last year, and the visions of grandeur that Orton can lead this team to a significant number of wins are delusional at best. But this is a people oriented game, and the front office has to give Orton every chance to succeed before they move on and finally move forward. This means four games at a minimum. And I would think the bar would be set pretty low - 2 wins in four games should allow Orton to keep his job. That puts us on pace for 8-8. 1 in four games should cost him his job - we can win 4 games with Tebow and give him the development he needs.

There is no way that this fan base is going to allow Orton to start all year though. That stadium will be empty by the end of October win or lose. We saw it on Prime Time television. Nobody wants to see Orton struggle when they can watch Tebow struggle.
Yep. The large majority of fans (except for the hardcores) simply aren't going to watch the product if its garbage AND boring at the same time. I think most of us knew from the outset that it was likely to be a rough year, but fans at least should be excited to watch the game, so after awhile, they HAVE to throw us a bone to at least make it exciting and relatively entertaining....if for no other reason than to keep our minds and eyes off the scoreboard.

The team has backed itself into a corner. There's no way out.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
vonqkilla

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...versy-persists
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #16
DENVERDUI55

Pretty simple solution. Play tebow if he struggles all year than sets up great draft position for franchise q. If he land out and shows promise great. That's solution.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

The Raiders have bigger stronger better players, hard to not be manhandled under those circumstances.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Tebow could get his start as soon as week 7.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
The Raiders have bigger stronger better players, hard to not be manhandled under those circumstances.
And who's fault was it when the team sat on its hands as bigger, stronger and better players signed elsewhere?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #20
KO5K

Quote:
"I don't think anything is going to change with our depth chart," linebacker Joe Mays said via phone Tuesday. "I don't think that they're going to bring Tebow in. We just have to execute with what we have."

"Do you want Kyle to complete all those throws? Absolutely," said Broncos linebacker Mario Haggan. "Is he human? Yes he is. Is he going to make mistakes? Yes he is, and he did. So that's what we have to live with."

"Would it have been different? We don't know, he didn't play," said Haggan on whether Monday night's outcome would have been any different if Tebow had played. "Obviously (Tebow) is more of a runner than Kyle, but I think Kyle also did some things good last night. At this point coach Fox says Kyle is our starter and we're not going to stir up controversy until coach Fox says differently.

"If the coaches feel Tim Tebow is needed. They will use him. That is the same for any position and quarterback is no different."
Those quotes to me sound like people who want a change.

The two supporting Orton are Brandon Lloyd and Jason freakin' Hunter .
Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #21
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
And who's fault was it when the team sat on its hands as bigger, stronger and better players signed elsewhere?
Shanahan mostly then McD

The Raiders built their team with top draft picks for several years running while Mike was busy signing busts and head cases and missing badly on draft picks. McD didn't help.

The badness of the current Broncos was a long time in building.

Last edited by baja; 09-13-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #22
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yep. The large majority of fans (except for the hardcores) simply aren't going to watch the product if its garbage AND boring at the same time. I think most of us knew from the outset that it was likely to be a rough year, but fans at least should be excited to watch the game, so after awhile, they HAVE to throw us a bone to at least make it exciting and relatively entertaining....if for no other reason than to keep our minds and eyes off the scoreboard.

The team has backed itself into a corner. There's no way out.
Orton has no future here.

Tebow may have a future here, he may not, but you don't find out with him sitting.

Starting Orton, on this POS team, is literally the worst decision possible.

We are wasting games from which we can gleam information for the future. The long-term health of the franchise is at stake and Denver is simply treading water at this point on a lost season. It's frustrating beyond belief and it's not even justified. That is truly the worst part. It's not like Orton is out there winning, being the big factor in all the games. He's flat pitiful out there, barely contributing and just moping along with however the wind blows. I simply do not understand where this clinging to Orton has come from. It is starting in with the media, too, who idiotically back Orton up as if Denver has something to lose by sitting him; or as if Orton has, you know, not played his way out of the starting role with his godawful W-L record.

Wanna know why this team is not exciting? Or why people say they are "bored"? It's because even on the rare occasion it plays well, for the past years, you know deep down that it will be fleeting. That it's just a blip. Another aberration before reality crashes back down the next week and literally nothing has changed from one game to the next. Want to know why the last three games of the past season were exciting? Because it opened the door to the future, just a little. Even in losing there was the idea that maybe, just maybe, there is improvement to be had. Actual potential. Then that door was slammed shut and we're back to square one with a guy whose potential was reached about three years ago.

/rant
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #23
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Shanahan mostly then McD
We've now completed three offseasons where Shanahan has had nothing to do with personnel decisions. The new CBA also eliminated any previously existing dead money.

Keep carrying water for the old man, though. Mike Klis would be proud of your post.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #24
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
We've now completed three offseasons where Shanahan has had nothing to do with personnel decisions. The new CBA also eliminated any previously existing dead money.

Keep carrying water for the old man, though. Mike Klis would be proud of your post.
I was all over Bowlen long before you, you must have forgotten.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #25
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Mays and Haggan don't sound convincing at all. Hunter barely. Lloyds always seemed like a loyal and down to earth guy, but he's backing the wrong horse.