The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Default Hey Elway/Bowlen/Xanders: F Off! I am done

Yeah this is a rant but I have given myself over 16 hours to chill and still feel this way. I just dumped my tix for three games this season on stub hub. I just booked a fishing trip next Sunday.

You idiots want to treat this as a business? Fine - I am walking. I have followed the Broncos for 35 years. I can probably count the number of games during that stretch that I didn't watch on one hand. I have an entire wardrobe dedicated to Broncos gear. I buy every ticket I can afford. No longer. I'm done with supporting this team in any way economically until they field a product worth watching. And no, that doesn't mean it has to be Tebow. Hell, give Quinn a try. But doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is about a dumb as hiring the head coach from the only team worse than you were last year - oh wait.

And no, this isn't a I'm Leaving the Mane post. I am just done forking over money or eyeballs to this sorry disgrace of a management team.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
Yeah this is a rant but I have given myself over 16 hours to chill and still feel this way. I just dumped my tix for three games this season on stub hub. I just booked a fishing trip next Sunday.

You idiots want to treat this as a business? Fine - I am walking. I have followed the Broncos for 35 years. I can probably count the number of games during that stretch that I didn't watch on one hand. I have an entire wardrobe dedicated to Broncos gear. I buy every ticket I can afford. No longer. I'm done with supporting this team in any way economically until they field a product worth watching. And no, that doesn't mean it has to be Tebow. Hell, give Quinn a try. But doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is about a dumb as hiring the head coach from the only team worse than you were last year - oh wait.

And no, this isn't a I'm Leaving the Mane post. I am just done forking over money or eyeballs to this sorry disgrace of a management team.

Just so we're clear, you gave a new coach and executive one game, after having no off season, before you bailed? And you bailed over a 3 point loss? Enjoy fishing, you clearly have the patience for it.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
Just so we're clear, you gave a new coach and executive one game, after having no off season, before you bailed? And you bailed over a 3 point loss? Enjoy fishing, you clearly have the patience for it.
I have a question for you MK.

You make mention that there was no "Off season". But all teams had no offseason... How do you explain Buffalo, Tom Brady and Cam Newton
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If a 3 point loss is how you viewed that game, you missed something.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

one game to rule them all
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

He missed the Saban era and before. I admit I only came aboard with cool lou.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #8
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
I left Fox out of it except questioning the intelligence of hiring him. Bowlen and Xanders - given them way too many seasons. Elway? He should know better.

The product is garbage, had been for years and given the course they are on is only going to stink worse. So ya, I am done contributing $ to it.

Lates
Old 09-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I left Fox out of it except questioning the intelligence of hiring him. Bowlen and Xanders - given them way too many seasons. Elway? He should know better.

The product is garbage, had been for years and given the course they are on is only going to stink worse. So ya, I am done contributing $ to it.

Lates
I hope you post a better thread next week.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I have a question for you MK.

You make mention that there was no "Off season". But all teams had no offseason... How do you explain Buffalo, Tom Brady and Cam Newton
The point is that giving a new coaching staff a little more rope might be worthwhile. Did you miss that?

Why pick the HOF Coach/QB combo to make your point? If anyone was going to benefit from the lockout, it was those guys. Also, Buffalo played the Chiefs, and Cam Newton lost.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I hope you post a better thread next week.
If I do it would be the most tasty crow I have ever consumed...

I reality I will post some pics if I catch anythig pic worthy
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
If a 3 point loss is how you viewed that game, you missed something.
Oh, it was an ugly three point loss, for sure, but hardly worth giving up on the season for.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

In b4 cannibalism
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
In b4 cannibalism

Name:  temp2.PNG
Views: 911
Size:  1.8 KB
Just barely...
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

I feel your pain. I really do. It's a poor product that they are trying to force on us and tell us it's really not that bad. There is a financial and emotional investment that many fans including myself don't feel we're getting a return on.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13

good riddens
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

A glance at your avy... and I'm afraid I have to call BS on the bolded sentence. Or rather "if you'll buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate in free" (to quote a George Strait song).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #18
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

May as well make it a clean break...beat it, pansy. Somebody give this guy a shot of man the f** up.

Sincerely,

John Elway

p.s. Please accept this Washington Redskins tumbler as a token of our indifference.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
The point is that giving a new coaching staff a little more rope might be worthwhile. Did you miss that?

Why pick the HOF Coach/QB combo to make your point? If anyone was going to benefit from the lockout, it was those guys. Also, Buffalo played the Chiefs, and Cam Newton lost.
A freeking rookie QB with ZERO offseason out performed kyle freekin orton who is an experienced NFL qb in his 8th season and 3rd overall in denver.

Remember dude, you were the one that used NO OFFSESON as an excuse.

PS: If you did not notice Denver/Orton lost just like Can Newton did, but Cam Newton put up numbers in his first ever NFL game that kyle orton has never come close to.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #20
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
good riddens
redicules.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
redicules.
definately
Old 09-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #22
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
A freeking rookie QB with ZERO offseason out performed kyle freekin orton who is an experienced NFL qb in his 8th season and 3rd overall in denver.

Remember dude, you were the one that used NO OFFSESON as an excuse.

PS: If you did not notice Denver/Orton lost just like Can Newton did, but Cam Newton put up numbers in his first ever NFL game that kyle orton has never come close to.
I'm not making an excuse for anyone's poor play, I'm pointing out that a new coaching staff deserves a little patience. The fact that there was no offseason is relevant for teams that had significant changes. I'm really happy that Cam Newton threw for so many yards, but that doesn't really change my point. Orton sucked, and I want Tebow to start, but I'm still going to watch the rest of the season, and I'm still traveling out to see us play the Chargers in October.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #23
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I'm not making an excuse for anyone's poor play, I'm pointing out that a new coaching staff deserves a little patience. The fact that there was no offseason is relevant for teams that had significant changes. I'm really happy that Cam Newton threw for so many yards, but that doesn't really change my point. Orton sucked, and I want Tebow to start, but I'm still going to watch the rest of the season, and I'm still traveling out to see us play the Chargers in October.

pssst. hey man, need tickets?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #24
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
A glance at your avy... and I'm afraid I have to call BS on the bolded sentence. Or rather "if you'll buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate in free" (to quote a George Strait song).
I saw the same preseason game you did. I would give Quinn a try because at least that is doing something that can help this franchise out. I'll take that over John Elway feeding us consumers the same sh*tsandwich and calling it a burger while crowing about how he is going to reengage the fan base. Ummm John, psst, you're doing it wrong. Or worse - Bowlen and Joe "Wormtongue" Ellis are using you.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #25
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
definately
Your so right