The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Julius Thomas ?

So what happened to him ?? zero yards ?? I really thought he looked great in preseason and was going to continue to be a Redzone threat. I am sadly disappointed.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

he's a rookie.....he was open on a few ducks that Orton threw.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
So what happened to him ?? zero yards ?? I really thought he looked great in preseason and was going to continue to be a Redzone threat. I am sadly disappointed.
He had a nice catch called back by a penalty but I didn't see him much after that. He us a rookie though.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Fox won't play you unless you're old and bad.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Basically what happens is you need a quarterback to throw passes and we don't have one of those.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Dudes a bust...hype a 3rd day pick lolz.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Paul Finebaum PWNS!

With the probability that Lloyd doesn't play this Sunday, I expect to see a whole lot more of him and Eric Decker.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Fox won't play you unless you're old and bad.
A bit hyperbolic, but this is essentially true. Fox favors vets. Reminds me of a less superstitious/quirky George Allen.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
A bit hyperbolic, but this is essentially true. Fox favors vets.
We did start at least 3 rookies.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I'm not worried about Thomas.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
We did start at least 3 rookies.
In favor of...?

And our #2 overall pick hit the bench in the fourth for Haggan, so that's cool too.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
swaiy

Hard to be a threat when Orton is only throwing to one receiver half the damn game.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Orton under threw him on at least one play he was wide open, I saw him in the slot and knew they were going to him so I watched him and he did a good job of finding the soft part of the zone. Orton had decent time but still managed to skip it off the ground. I think the next play or 2 he threw the INT.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

He was wide open for a possible TD during Orton's Phantom fumble.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #15
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Nvm it was Fells I think.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #16
vbplaya
Rookie

Don't chew with your mouth full.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Hard to be a threat when Orton is only throwing to one receiver half the damn game.
I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? Orton moved the ball around a lot last night. He hardly ever got back and threw to the primary receiver ... he was continually having to go to the second and third options. Sure he targeted Lloyd 11 times but there were 4 others who were targeted 5 or more times. Overall he was targeted just under 1/4 of the time ... as your star receiver ... I don't see a problem with that. Other teams do that quite frequently ... Hell, Vick targeted his star receiver Desean Jackson 12 times and only had one other player on the team who was looked at more than 3 times.

As for Orton ... he didn't do great ... but he definitely wasn't the cause of it all. I am not sure why we aren't seeing anything about how poorly our offensive line ... BUT HEY ... IT'S EASIER TO JUST BLAME THE QB.
vbplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbplaya View Post
I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? Orton moved the ball around a lot last night. He hardly ever got back and threw to the primary receiver ... he was continually having to go to the second and third options. Sure he targeted Lloyd 11 times but there were 4 others who were targeted 5 or more times. Overall he was targeted just under 1/4 of the time ... as your star receiver ... I don't see a problem with that. Other teams do that quite frequently ... Hell, Vick targeted his star receiver Desean Jackson 12 times and only had one other player on the team who was looked at more than 3 times.

As for Orton ... he didn't do great ... but he definitely wasn't the cause of it all. I am not sure why we aren't seeing anything about how poorly our offensive line ... BUT HEY ... IT'S EASIER TO JUST BLAME THE QB.
you're right, there's plenty of blame to go around...

Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Maybe Jesus is just mad that Timbo isn't starting?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
Simple Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Kyle orton ?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #20
Simple Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
Dudes a bust...hype a 3rd day pick lolz.
Wow
Old 09-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #21
DENVERDUI55

Haven't you learned from the Madise, Devoe, Watts and the rest of scrub camp hype over past few years?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
Simple Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbplaya View Post

You can go on all day about him moving the ball around.. but he didn't make the plays when he needed to.. horrible throw on the INT when he had lloyd for a TD.. dropping the ball when Fells was open, probably for a touchdown, which I don't even like thinking about that play.. and didn't see mcgahee running on a slant, right in front of him, open in the endzone, and ran into a sack.. orton can get all the yards in the world but until he makes the plays needed to win the game, we will get the same result every Sunday.. also him constantly putting our D on the field like he did made our defense look alot worse than it actually was.. ill admit the oline didn't open up any holes for our runners all night and that made it tougher for him, but at some point he has to make these plays
Old 09-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #23
Simple Jake

Some of you guys on here are ridiculous.. calling our 2nd string tight end a bust after not totally breaking out in his first career game.. wow
Old 09-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #24
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Jake View Post
You can go on all day about him moving the ball around.. but he didn't make the plays when he needed to.. horrible throw on the INT when he had lloyd for a TD.. dropping the ball when Fells was open, probably for a touchdown, which I don't even like thinking about that play.. and didn't see mcgahee running on a slant, right in front of him, open in the endzone, and ran into a sack.. orton can get all the yards in the world but until he makes the plays needed to win the game, we will get the same result every Sunday.. also him constantly putting our D on the field like he did made our defense look alot worse than it actually was.. ill admit the oline didn't open up any holes for our runners all night and that made it tougher for him, but at some point he has to make these plays
Obviously the dline and olines were terrible..but that fumble and INT gave Oakland 10 points directly because of Orton. Fells was wide open when he fumbled and would have been a TD or in the least put us inside the 5, either going up by 4 or tying the game. Instead Oak drives down for a TD making it a 10 point game. Everyone knew the game was over at that point because we have a no talent ass clown as our QB!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #25
vbplaya
Rookie

Don't chew with your mouth full.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Obviously the dline and olines were terrible..but that fumble and INT gave Oakland 10 points directly because of Orton. Fells was wide open when he fumbled and would have been a TD or in the least put us inside the 5, either going up by 4 or tying the game. Instead Oak drives down for a TD making it a 10 point game. Everyone knew the game was over at that point because we have a no talent ass clown as our QB!
The fumble and the INT gave Oakland 10 points directly? So the fumble was at the 35 and the INT was at the 25 on Oaklands side of the field and the defense didn't have anything to do with preventing those 10 points?

Do you realize that the defense couldn't stop the Raiders from scoring on any of the Broncos turn overs (including the ones that weren't Orton's fault)? Thats right ... Moreno's fumble, Orton's INT and a missed FG attempt ... the Raiders drove down for a FG ... and after Orton's fumble and the blocked punt the Raiders drove down for TDs. ALL of the Raiders points came off of turnovers ... not just Orton's turnovers ... ALL OF THEM.

I'm not saying I'm blaming the defense because I really think the main issue last night was the O-line ... but the D still needs some work. They let the Raiders drive 65 yards after that fumble in essentially 2 plays and when they needed a stop in the closing minutes of the game ... they allowed 3 first downs and couldn't stop them even when they knew the run was coming.
vbplaya is offline   Reply With Quote