The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Yoda

Default I told you so...

I told it would be a HARD fought game! I thought the Raiders would pull ahead in the 3rd. But your Broncos are scrappers. Biggest difference. The Raiders DL man handling the Broncos OL and McFaddens 154+ yards. Personally, I believe the Raiders left too many points on the field. The Raiders O looks like they still trying to get their legs underneath them.

Raiders have a VERY tough game in Buffalo. Broncos have a winnable game vs the Bengals. See you guys in a couple weeks and we do this again in the black hole! Just win baby!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

You've been a good guy the last week. Congrats to your team and thanks for talking real football when you've been here. Obviously, you've earned the right to talk some smack, now. Oakland can do things that are important for winning: running the ball and stopping the run. We'll see what they can do this year, I wouldn't be shocked if they finally make it to the postseason if they can clean up some things. Congrats.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Thanks for being humble. Raiders defensive penalties made it look closer than it was. We sucked.
ant1999e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Thanks for being humble. Raiders defensive penalties made it look closer than it was. We sucked.
Pretty sure we had a lot of penalties as well...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
Yoda

Well McFadden's running was outstanding, what scares me is Campbel's 105 yards passing! Terrible!!!! But divisional games no matter what are usually hard fought.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I honestly think if it didn't downpour we would've won. The rain played right into your hands by making ti a game that was won on the ground.

Even if we had won that game I would've been pissed, just terrible all around.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #7
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I honestly think if it didn't downpour we would've won. The rain played right into your hands by making ti a game that was won on the ground.

Wait, are you saying that Mile Highs weather adversely affected the Broncos more than the Raiders. Uh, no.Might of well just say that if it were not for Denver's punt return, the Raiders would have won by a larger margin.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

What is this, some type of self gloating feel good thread?

Go **** yourself, Raider fan.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #9
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post

This.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #10
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Wait, are you saying that Mile Highs weather adversely affected the Broncos more than the Raiders. Uh, no.Might of well just say that if it were not for Denver's punt return, the Raiders would have won by a larger margin.
Rain favors running teams. It always has. Not sure what you're arguing here. Rain at Mile High in mild temperature isn't advantageous to the Broncos just because it's at Mile High.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #11
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post

Right on man.... Go efff yourself midget yoda.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #12
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Rain favors running teams. It always has. Not sure what you're arguing here. Rain at Mile High in mild temperature isn't advantageous to the Broncos just because it's at Mile High.
We lost because we suck. We lost because Orton sucks. Rain or shine.
ant1999e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #13
Yoda

Ok, I guess I can give you that. Either way, I expect the next meeting to be also hard fought.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #14
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
We lost because we suck. We lost because Orton sucks. Rain or shine.
This is true. Of all people I'm the last to disagree with the statement "Orton sucks".
Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #15
Borks147
the dude abides...

Quote:
This is true. Of all people I'm the last to disagree with the statement "Orton sucks".
I was an Orton homer, but no more. Bring in the next guy. For every good throw or smart decision he simply ****s the bed and loses the game. Gah. Done.

Yoda - thanks for not being a douche, congrats on the win.
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #16
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I told it would be a HARD fought game! I thought the Raiders would pull ahead in the 3rd. But your Broncos are scrappers. Biggest difference. The Raiders DL man handling the Broncos OL and McFaddens 154+ yards. Personally, I believe the Raiders left too many points on the field. The Raiders O looks like they still trying to get their legs underneath them.

Raiders have a VERY tough game in Buffalo. Broncos have a winnable game vs the Bengals. See you guys in a couple weeks and we do this again in the black hole! Just win baby!
Congrats Yoda. I agree with SoCal, you have in fact been classy this last week. You have a lot to be excited about in pure talent, outside the QB position. Both teams left a ton of points on the field. It was one of the sloppiest 1st halves I can remember in a VERY long time. If we didn't have a similar problem with QB talent, I think we win this one on a small margin just because the Faid, in true Silver and Black fashion couldn't control their emotions, into the second half. As we both mentioned throughout the week, the turnovers and special teams were the ultimate deciding factor. Your squads raw power on both lines is scary. I hope you do well enough this year to not keep drafting as high as you have been able to for the last 5 years or so ;-) The last thing I want to see in Oakland is a decent QB. Kudo's to you as you did call it in many ways the way it ultimately turned out.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #17
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's embarrassing when a Broncos fan is making excuses like this to a logical Raiders fan. You Sir, frequently represent the ultimate buffoon for any sports team fan.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #18
Yoda

Thanks, you have to respect the rivalry, without it football is boring. I still sting at times over the Floyd Little fumble!!!! I was just kid, but I remember. Miller looks like the real deal, he needs help.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #19
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Raiders have a pretty good team but there innefective passing offense and average pass defense will haunt them against real teams. Especially teams with stout run defenses. Raiders will have a shot at the division though.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #20
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post

I was thinking that too. Really forced our weaknesses against their strengths, and none of our strengths against their weaknesses.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #21
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Raiders have a pretty good team but there innefective passing offense and average pass defense will haunt them against real teams. Especially teams with stout run defenses. Raiders will have a shot at the division though.
Ya, the 105 yards passing is PATHETIC! That needs to be adressed!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #22
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

to the victor go the spoils...................that was painful, people left early, tebow chants
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #23
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I was thinking that too. Really forced our weaknesses against their strengths, and none of our strengths against their weaknesses.
What are our strengths?
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:37 AM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't think either of these teams will do much this season. The Raiders have to run, their passing offense sucks. The Broncos have to pass, their running game sucks. So both offenses are pretty much 1 dimensional which you can get by over weaker teams but the better teams will be all over that.

Very sloppy game I might add. Not just from the rain but the amount of players getting personal fouls because they can't control their emotions was unreal. It got the point where you expected a flag on every play for 1 reason or another. I would have loved for the Broncos to win but honestly, even if they did, I would still say it was not a fun game to watch.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #25
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Both teams suck.

Neither team should be pulling their puds over last night's debacle.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote