The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which AFC West opponent do you want to lose most?
The Raiders 63 61.17%
The Chiefs 17 16.50%
The Chargers 21 20.39%
The Broncos 2 1.94%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default What's your divisional hierarchy of evil?

Just curious who you wish the most ill on out of all our division opponents. For me it's always been the Raiders and I thought the one unifying element that brought the Broncos, Chefs and Dolts together was a hatred of the Fade. I root for the Chiefs like I bleed ketchup and mustard twice a year. Well apparently it is not so for everyone. There is a lot of resentment toward the Broncos from the Chiefs, for example. And I know the Chargers dominance of late has put fuel in that rivalry.

So when all three teams play each other (not at the same time) who do you want to lose the most?

Last edited by Kaylore; 09-12-2011 at 07:02 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Raiders by a country mile.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
diehardbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Unquestionably I hate the Raiders the most. Despite all of the horrible things last year, none of it stung more than being swept by the Raiders and especially the first game against them.

After the Raiders, it's the Chargers just for their general attitude. I don't really hate the Chiefs, only when we're playing against them.
diehardbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

The Raiders and its not even close.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

In order:
raiders
Chiefs
Chargers

when they play each other, I root for meteors.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Intellectually, I hate the Raiders most. They really do stand for everything I loathe in football. But, they've felt so irrelevant to me the last few years, I find myself watching their games and not really feeling that burning hatred that I know I should feel. The Chiefs are the ones who bring about the most passionate rooting for failure on my part. It could also have something to do with the fact that Raiders fans haven't been showing their faces much around the places I frequent to discuss Broncos football (ie. here), while Chiefs fans have been much for vocal and annoying. Either way, I really loathe all 3 teams.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

raiders have been so bad the last decade you kind of forget just how "evil" the team and fanbase has been since the beginning. Just when I think the chorfs, I remember how bad it is when raiders fans sprout from the ground and start boasting about that POS team.
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

That is like saying which STD do I want the least? I don't want any of them.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
The Raiders and its not even close.
and never will be, even though Rivers is a douche. The other team and fanbase needs our sympathy.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

By the way, I included the Broncos to see which team the rival fans vote for. I'm also curious who the Fade fans hate most. Though, I don't think too many Chief fans will be here this week.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #11
Powderaddict

The raiders. I can't even bring myself to capitalize them when typing it out.

The Chargers are the most annoying right now, mostly because of their fans. Before 2005 I couldn't find a charger fan if I tried. Now they're everywhere, and not one of them realizes that the NFL existed before 2004.

I don't like the Chiefs, but they are my least hated rival. I don't like Haley at all, and I do hate the Chiefs. Just not as much as the other two.

So, to recap:

1. raiders.
2a. Chargers
2b. Chiefs
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Which AFC West opponent do you want to lose most?

Whichever is playing the Broncos.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #13
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

The Faiders are always at the top of the chitlist.

The Cheaps and the Chuggers get pretty close depending on how successful they are at the time.

I really despised SD when Humphries was there.

I hated that no talent turd.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #14
stopgap

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbroncosfan View Post
Unquestionably I hate the Raiders the most. Despite all of the horrible things last year, none of it stung more than being swept by the Raiders and especially the first game against them.

After the Raiders, it's the Chargers just for their general attitude. I don't really hate the Chiefs, only when we're playing against them.
I don't hate the Raiders anymore. Their (illegal immigrants...) fans are another story.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #15
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I grew up hating the Chiefs, and it will probably always be that way. The Chargers are creeping up on my hate meter. As far as the Raiders, I have no love for them. However, I can always count on them making bad decisions at the most crucial times (like firing Tom Cable). They are just "there", for me...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why do all of you pretend Bronco fans feel the need to lie? It is pretty clear most of you hate this franchise. You all rooted for a guy to tank this franchise as he got rid of all our talent. None of you are any better than raider fans. This is especially true for the op, the guy that cried and neg repped me repeatedly because I just couldn't say nice things about the guy that made this team hirrible...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Why do all of you pretend Bronco fans feel the need to lie? It is pretty clear most of you hate this franchise. You all rooted for a guy to tank this franchise as he got rid of all our talent. None of you are any better than raider fans. This is especially true for the op, the guy that cried and neg repped me repeatedly because I just couldn't say nice things about the guy that made this team hirrible...
You're struggling to maintain your schtick man. Time for some new material.
McD is gone and we're all happy about it. You were more right than wrong, I was more wrong than right about McD, but at the end, I was on your side and no longer believed he could do what I initially believed he could do, which was win more than lose.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish McStout View Post
You're struggling to maintain your schtick man. Time for some new material.
McD is gone and we're all happy about it. You were more right than wrong, I was more wrong than right about McD, but at the end, I was on your side and no longer believed he could do what I initially believed he could do, which was win more than lose.
I have been reading old threads, mostly ones that I found by going through my rep. It is sad how many of you have hated on things that were good for this franchise as you pissed on everyone that liked what is good for this franchise. Sorry but what I said is true. You can't possibly be a fan of this franchise while hating on guys like Shanahan and propping up **** like McDaniels... It almost makes me mad to see some claiming to be Bronco fans after reading this forum.

Just go read the skins thread I bumped. Try claiming there isn't blind hate for a Bronco great. All of the hate comes from McFans... I tried being reasonable for a long time. Now it is time to act like McFans acted.

Last edited by jhns; 09-12-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Pretty much says it all ......

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Chiefs. I have lots of reasons, really. And honestly, the Chargers are probably second. It used to be the Raiders. But they've been pathetic so long, it's hard to muster up much for them anymore.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #21
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Pretty much says it all ......

....and this. "It's all over fat man.'

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #22
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

While it did hit a raw nerve losing to the Raiders at home the way we did last season, that rivalry is no longer what it used to be. The Raiders have been a bad team for quite a while now. But so are we.

The Chargers are the team that replaced the Raiders as far as rivalries are concerned IMO. I despise them for the same reason I disliked the Raiders.

They are a good team that wins against us handley whenever we play, since they acquired Phillip Rivers. Almost like they have our number the way the Raiders used to back in the day.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
I have been reading old threads, mostly ones that I found by going through my rep. It is sad how many of you have hated on things that were good for this franchise as you pissed on everyone that liked what is good for this franchise. Sorry but what I said is true. You can't possibly be a fan of this franchise while hating on guys like Shanahan and propping up **** like McDaniels... It almost makes me mad to see some claiming to be Bronco fans after reading this forum.

Just go read the skins thread I bumped. Try claiming there isn't blind hate for a Bronco great. All of the hate comes from McFans... I tried being reasonable for a long time. Now it is time to act like McFans acted.
The problem was you instigated most of that by being as adversarial as possible. People hated YOU more than they hated McDaniels, and then their blind bias perpetuated more of the same.

McDaniels is just another Coordinator who had no ability to be the Head Coach, but is still a very talented OC. I was real happy they hired him until he started acting like Napolean and he was unable to instill respect and discipline from his players. The true HC is more about the team than himself. McDaniels was way more about himself, and his ways than the team. In the end, he screwed himself out of a great job opportunity. Just like Belichick did in CLE his first time.

However, now that you got your way you want to still be a jerk and rail people who you instigated in the first place. Good luck with that. Hope it makes YOU feel better, because its just as bad as what you are hating. Maybe even worse.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #24
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
The problem was you instigated most of that by being as adversarial as possible. People hated YOU more than they hated McDaniels, and then their blind bias perpetuated more of the same.

McDaniels is just another Coordinator who had no ability to be the Head Coach, but is still a very talented OC. I was real happy they hired him until he started acting like Napolean and he was unable to instill respect and discipline from his players. The true HC is more about the team than himself. McDaniels was way more about himself, and his ways than the team. In the end, he screwed himself out of a great job opportunity. Just like Belichick did in CLE his first time.

However, now that you got your way you want to still be a jerk and rail people who you instigated in the first place. Good luck with that. Hope it makes YOU feel better, because its just as bad as what you are hating. Maybe even worse.
I instigated? People started acting like little b****es the second I started questioning McDaniels, long before I started acting the way I do now. People hate on Bronco greats, like Shanahan, without me saying anything. Even when I tried to be reasonable, most still acted like little girls. They hated on what was good for this franchise and loved what was bad for it. They hated on past Bronco greats to try propping up their little hero McDaniels. That is not the conduct of a Broncos fan. I could also care less what any of you think of me. Again, I tried being reasonable many times only to be **** on. Again, just look at that redskins thread I bumped. It is a great example of a lot of this happening.

I don't care what trolls do. I, a real Bronco fan, will always give a ton of respect to guys like Shanahan. This goes for any Bronco great that has done lots of good for this organization. This part is what makes me laugh at some of you claiming to be Bronco fans. You have zero respect for this franchise as you claim to be fans of it...

Last edited by jhns; 09-12-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #25
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Jhiz, I have you on ignore. I can't read anything you are whining about. I was not a "McFan" and didn't like a lot of what he did. I did root for him to succeed where you and the haters wanted him to fail so he'd get fired. THAT is the definition of the same as the Raiders - rooting against your own team because of your feeling and resenting when a coach you don't like of your own team has success. You, strafen and several others attributed to hoping for success = to being a McD lover and wanted to draw lines in the sand.

I rooted for Shanahan, I rooted for McD and I root for Fox. I certainly don't agree with everything they have done or are doing, and there are several quotes I can post showing I wasn't a blind cheerleader, but I'm not so obstinate or emotional that I lose sight of why I watch football because of my personal opinion on a coach.

You have issues, Jihz. Cutler is gone. McD is gone. If you're looking for someone else to fill the void as the face of your resentment, look somewhere else and suck my balls.