The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Yoda

Default My take for Monday Night and yes I am a Raiders fan.

Well, here we go again Broncos fans. I love this rivalry, and love to hate the Broncos. With that said, here is my take...

Broncos will no doubt come out fired up and wanting revenge for being humiliated in front of the home crowd. I would not be surprised if Denver carries momentum into the 2nd quarter. But, all games eventually settle in and that's where the Raiders run game comes in. I see this game being close, with the Raiders taking over in the 3rd due to the run game.

If the Raiders decide to focus on the pass, Denver wins as this would just play into Denver's strength on D to rush the passer.

If the Raiders can effectively run the ball, Raiders win.

Denver's O must be able to run the ball. The Raiders were able to shut down AFC west running games, and the DL was able to man handle the AFC West O lines. The same DL is back and is the strength of the D. The DL may be able to dominate the LOS to help out a weaken secondary. If the DL does not apply pressure, Then Orton will carve up the DB's.

I expect a much improved Broncos, but not have quite enough to win the game.

Raiders 21 Denver 17.

Last edited by Yoda; 09-07-2011 at 07:45 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Similar yet opposite I think.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Flip the scores and you are dead on. Raiders aren't close to the same team that rolled the Broncos. I agree it will be lower scoring and close just think Denver defense makes one more stop.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Richard Seymour has looked even more unblockable than ever so far this year
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Reasonable take, but Kyle Orton's career rides on this game, and adding that to the utter fail of last year's game, the Broncos will manage a win.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Flip the scores and you are dead on. Raiders aren't close to the same team that rolled the Broncos. I agree it will be lower scoring and close just think Denver defense makes one more stop.
Well, the last game in Denver, Namndi did not play. Aside from Namndi, Miller, and Gallery, this is virtually the same team. Boss is a good replacement for Miller, Gallery was not a world beater. But the loss of Namndi is huge. This is why the DL MUST help the DB's.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I think it comes down to can Hue Jackson out coach John Fox.

I don't think Denver has shown everything in the PS, I will be watching for a wrinkle that Denver throws at the butt-pirates and we bring home the win.

We don't have mCd holding back this team anymore, I think Fox will be patient and our run D will be alot better than it was last year.

I am looking for Denver to win in the 20-13 range. I think Fox will find a way to stop the run and keep pressure on Campbell.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I do not congregate cordially with Raiders fans. I respectfully decline.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think if we can't stop the run it's going to be ugly.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
Yoda

Funny that you say that Fox has held back in PS. Hue has been quoted as saying that he has played a VERY vanilla O. It is no coincidence that the O improved with the arrival of Jackson.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Funny that you say that Fox has held back in PS. Hue has been quoted as saying that he has played a VERY vanilla O. It is no coincidence that the O improved with the arrival of Al Saunders.
Fixed
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Funny that you say that Fox has held back in PS. Hue has been quoted as saying that he has played a VERY vanilla O. It is no coincidence that the O improved with the arrival of Jackson.
Like I said it comes down to coaching. It will be nice to watch real NFL football again, not Canton High School's version of Belly's vision.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It will be interesting. I think its close. You have two new squad's, but I think our team has jitters early on that the Raiders could take advantage of especially for such a young team.

Fox is pretty ho hum in MNF games, though playing in Carolina he didn't get many chances.

On Monday night Football Fox is
At home: 2-2
Away: 0-2
Overall: 2-4

Not a great sign for our boys in Orange. I think the loss of Miller, Nnamdi and injuries at receiver will be a bigger issue for the Raiders than they want to admit, though. The Fade can't run it EVERY down and expect to win. It really will come down to who's offensive line plays better. On paper it would appear the Raiders should win this game, but I have a good feeling about this game.

The one down is Montrose and I are going to the game. I have never been to a game with Montrose and we won. Granted, we've only been to two, but every other game I've been to we won, so hopefully this is the game that breaks that trend.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Gonna come down to our ability (or inability) to contain the run game

We force Oakland to pass and I like our chances

not that preseason means much at all, but Oak's defense has looked a little out of sync

Im just as curios about our offense as defense, I hope an improvement in our run game can lead to longer drives and ultimately more TDs in the RZ
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #15
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It will be interesting. I think its close. You have two new squad's, but I think our team has jitters early on that the Raiders could take advantage of especially for such a young team.

Fox is pretty ho hum in MNF games, though playing in Carolina he didn't get many chances.

Not a great sign for our boys in Orange. I think the loss of Miller, Nnamdi and injuries at receiver will be a bigger issue for the Raiders than they want to admit, though. The Fade can't run it EVERY down and expect to win. It really will come down to who's offensive line plays better. On paper it would appear the Raiders should win this game, but I have a good feeling about this game.

The one down is Montrose and I are going to the game. I have never been to a game with Montrose and we won. Granted, we've only been to two, but every other game I've been to we won, so hopefully this is the game that breaks that trend.
I am not afraid to admit the loss of Miller being a huge factor, but Boss is not far behind Millers ability. Your right, the Raiders can't run every down, one X factor that has not been mentioned is Reece, he is a match up nightmare for LB's and that's not mentioning Ford. I usually would be ho hum about the Raiders speed on O. The difference now is that the speed at the skill positions comes with....ball handling skills. Now speed truly is a factor.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
schaaf

Quote:

For some reason I've always pictured Montrose looking like Brian Xanders... Am I correct? Hahaha
Old 09-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #17
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

I will be there too! Have never lost on Monday night when I am there!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #18
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I will be there too! Have never lost on Monday night when I am there!
You idiot!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #19
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Fixed
Ya, ok. I should have been more clear. Hue's arrival last year brought huge improvements to the O, that was no coincidence, Suanders is a great pick up for OC.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

This, hold the Faid to a buck twenty or less and were in pretty good shape.
If we hol them down and pull a lead I am scared to death to see how many screens McFadden ends up with! They killed us with screens last year and we didn't have a pass rush. Gonna be ugly with Doom and Bloom! In the wrong place when those screens start coming. Need Warren back in a big way, that boy can sniff out a screen as its coming thru the airwaves to Campbell's helmet!

Final score Denver19 Raiders 17. And Orton will still get booed for missing 4 TD opportunities which turn to FGs. Go Broncos! Go OSKIE SCORE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I think if we can't stop the run it's going to be ugly.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Iam so looking forward to seeing our DEs chase the raider QB all over the place.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #22
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
This, hold the Faid to a buck twenty or less and were in pretty good shape.
If we hol them down and pull a lead I am scared to death to see how many screens McFadden ends up with! They killed us with screens last year and we didn't have a pass rush. Gonna be ugly with Doom and Bloom! In the wrong place when those screens start coming. Need Warren back in a big way, that boy can sniff out a screen as its coming thru the airwaves to Campbell's helmet!

Final score Denver19 Raiders 17. And Orton will still get booed for missing 4 TD opportunities which turn to FGs. Go Broncos! Go OSKIE SCORE!!!!
Funny that you mention the screens. Best way to slow down a pass rush (aside from a beast of an O line)..... is a great running game and well executed screens. Two things the Raides do very well.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #23
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Funny that you mention the screens. Best way to slow down a pass rush (aside from a beast of an O line)..... is a great running game and well executed screens. Two things the Raides do very well.

Its an all new season.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #24
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Oakland scored a league-low three touchdowns in their four exhibition games and that is the year 2011
Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #25
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Oakland scored a league-low three touchdowns in their four exhibition games and that is the year 2011
Yes, EXHIBITIION, I have watched football for 30+ years. One thing I have learned is to put little or no weight on preseason games. The 1st two games are a better indicator.