The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
mkporter
Ring of Famer
 
mkporter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Knowshon Moreno Gets Crossfit (Video)

Cool vid with Knowshon about his crossfit training this summer. Should be good fodder for our gym rats to dissect.

mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Haha sweet, crossfit sets people off here

Man he looks thin now. Since his neck got so skinny he looks kind of like Donald Glover.

Edit: That guy's mustache is ridiculous.

Last edited by PRBronco; 09-01-2011 at 11:22 AM..
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Haha sweet, crossfit sets people off here

Man he looks thin now. Since his neck got so skinny he looks kind of like Donald Glover.

Edit: That guy's mustache is ridiculous.
I had to stop watching.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,151

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

He's healthy for the first time in his career, and looks more explosive.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Knowshon has worked his ass off this offseason, and it's going to pay dividends to both us and the Broncos this football season.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Knowshon has worked his ass off this offseason, and it's going to pay dividends to both us and the Broncos this football season.
Perhaps he will finally live up to what he was in college.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

There's a whole bunch of crossfit-gym goers in my neighborhood. Seems more like a cult than a gym. They are all very cliquey... highschoolish in how they behave. It's very bizzarre to watch.

I know a few other folks who do the crossfit at home, and it works great for them. Talking to them, Crossfit is supposed to be all about working out independantly, and playing $100/month to crossfit at a gym is the opposite of what its all supposed to be about.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,151

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
There's a whole bunch of crossfit-gym goers in my neighborhood. Seems more like a cult than a gym. They are all very cliquey... highschoolish in how they behave. It's very bizzarre to watch.

I know a few other folks who do the crossfit at home, and it works great for them. Talking to them, Crossfit is supposed to be all about working out independantly, and playing $100/month to crossfit at a gym is the opposite of what its all supposed to be about.
I've never seen any gym setting that wasn't cliquey and high schoolish.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
conrad7120
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

From that clip Knowshon really looks like he is in great shape... And he comes of as a very nice and likeable guy as well...
conrad7120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

Seriously bro, basketball. wtf. These guys need to quit that sh*T.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
underrated29
10-6 baby.
 
Cutler doesnt suck

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,082

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Badass!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
There's a whole bunch of crossfit-gym goers in my neighborhood. Seems more like a cult than a gym. They are all very cliquey... highschoolish in how they behave. It's very bizzarre to watch.

I know a few other folks who do the crossfit at home, and it works great for them. Talking to them, Crossfit is supposed to be all about working out independantly, and playing $100/month to crossfit at a gym is the opposite of what its all supposed to be about.
I've been a few times to the CF gym in Steamboat. It's not really for me, but I show up when I need a break from my regular routine, and it certainly offers that.

And while the people are "cultish" in their support of each other, it seems to work for them, and the result is really what it should be about.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida
 
dbfan21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,174

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Haha sweet, crossfit sets people off here

Man he looks thin now. Since his neck got so skinny he looks kind of like Donald Glover.

Edit: That guy's mustache is ridiculous.
He's going for the Jake Plummer look.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Hey, I'm glad to see Knowshon mix in some non-football type gym work. Cross Fit's a nice way to keep him mentally fresh. Plus I really do think it'll make him more durable as far as ligaments, joints, back, etc. goes--as long as he doesn't forget that he's still a friggin' tailback and has to maintain some size to take the hits he's gonna take.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Shabby, not too

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Haha sweet, crossfit sets people off here

Man he looks thin now. Since his neck got so skinny he looks kind of like Donald Glover.

Edit: That guy's mustache is awesome.
fyp
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I've been a few times to the CF gym in Steamboat. It's not really for me, but I show up when I need a break from my regular routine, and it certainly offers that.

And while the people are "cultish" in their support of each other, it seems to work for them, and the result is really what it should be about.
I dig the diverse number of exercises/drills that Cross Fit offers. Workout Of The Day delivered fresh to my inbox everyday. I'm kinda like you right now--using it as a sort of shock therapy and I really think it's cut down on my nagging injuries.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #17
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Perhaps he will finally live up to what he was in college.
He was a consensus first rounder, and some well-reputed coaches (and some not-well-reputed coaches, i.e. McD) had him as a top 3 pick.

Knowshon isn't particularly fast... surprisingly, he had the lowest high jump of all RBs in the combine, too. What I love about him, though, is that he is a complete back - that is, he is an outstanding blocker and receiver.

I also like how shifty he is, and he seems to have good vision. I've also noticed how well he does at falling forward... one thing different I think we've seen from him so far this year is how he fights for extra yardage - he uses that shiftyness to his advantage in shaking off tackles.

I don't think he'll ever be a workhorse or a feature back to build an offense around. But as a 1-2 option, I wouldn't be suprised to see Knowshon become one of the leagues top 1a backs, with McGahee as his 1b/RZ back.

I've never understood the hate for him on this forum. I really like Knowshon, and I think he'll be very good this year.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Also, his head seems to be in the right place... same with B.Lloyd. I was surprised to see how well-spoken they have become in their interviews (no racism intended).
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #19
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler
 
goldengopher1976's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

That was a cool video and Knowshon seems like a very likeable and gregarious guy. I was already a fan because he's a Bronco (and on my FF team), but it will be all the more easy to cheer his successes now.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #20
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I had to stop watching.



At least he's cut and he's playing better so I'm all for it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #21
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
He was a consensus first rounder, and some well-reputed coaches (and some not-well-reputed coaches, i.e. McD) had him as a top 3 pick.

Knowshon isn't particularly fast... surprisingly, he had the lowest high jump of all RBs in the combine, too. What I love about him, though, is that he is a complete back - that is, he is an outstanding blocker and receiver.

I also like how shifty he is, and he seems to have good vision. I've also noticed how well he does at falling forward... one thing different I think we've seen from him so far this year is how he fights for extra yardage - he uses that shiftyness to his advantage in shaking off tackles.

I don't think he'll ever be a workhorse or a feature back to build an offense around. But as a 1-2 option, I wouldn't be suprised to see Knowshon become one of the leagues top 1a backs, with McGahee as his 1b/RZ back.

I've never understood the hate for him on this forum. I really like Knowshon, and I think he'll be very good this year.

Everyone expected him to be a legit homerun threat, which he has turned out not to be. We had shades of TD in our heads and recall hitting some big runs and even outrunning guys at times. I agree that KM can do all the things required of a RB but a)think of the players that we might have taken instead and b)look at where we took him and I don't see the value in the pick (e.g., all the things a #1 RB should be able to do). He's useful but, as the top back in the draft, I don't see that we got what we paid for in KM.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #22
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Everyone expected him to be a legit homerun threat, which he has turned out not to be. We had shades of TD in our heads
Sounds like a personal problem...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Everyone expected him to be a legit homerun threat, which he has turned out not to be. We had shades of TD in our heads and recall hitting some big runs and even outrunning guys at times. I agree that KM can do all the things required of a RB but a)think of the players that we might have taken instead and b)look at where we took him and I don't see the value in the pick (e.g., all the things a #1 RB should be able to do). He's useful but, as the top back in the draft, I don't see that we got what we paid for in KM.
As a Broncos fan you should have learned to stop doing that at least 10 years ago. You just can't torture yourself with that game.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #24
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
As a Broncos fan you should have learned to stop doing that at least 10 years ago. You just can't torture yourself with that game.
Whatever. I reserve the right to hate people personally for not doing what my imagination says they should be doing!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #25
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Whatever. I reserve the right to hate people personally for not doing what my imagination says they should be doing!
Eddddddddd Reeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Denver Broncos