The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,224

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default Fullback option?

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Lions inform FB Jerome Felton of his release this AM. Quality FB, but team doing in direction of keeping more TEs.
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,693
Default

Why not but who do you cut
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Tebow can play FB, then you could have a FB option.

Last edited by alkemical; 08-30-2011 at 06:52 AM..
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
Shoemaker
A Lurker No More
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Why not but who do you cut
I would guess Larsen/Sylvester, if they're not getting it done at FB.
Shoemaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Tebow can play FB, then you could have a FB option.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
I would guess Larsen/Sylvester, if they're not getting it done at FB.
How so?
I thought Larsen outperformed Hillis to the point he made Hillis expendable.
Strange things!
We should've kept Hillis and made Moreno block for him...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
How so?
I thought Larsen outperformed Hillis to the point he made Hillis expendable.
Strange things!
We should've kept Hillis and made Moreno block for him...
Did you watch the last game? Larsen was either missing his block or getting destroyed on probably 2/3rds of the time. He is a big part of the problem with the short yardage issues IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Why not but who do you cut
Easily Larsen....

I seriously doubt someone would sign him if we cut him.

I get that he is a 'do whatever it takes' for the team kind of guy but his talent level just isnt anywhere where it needs to be

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 08-30-2011 at 08:44 AM..
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Wow I was not aware of this Sylvester guy, any chance he's better than Larsen?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #9
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS
 
dbfan21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wichita
Posts: 2,179

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Funny this came up. I re-watched the game yesterday on NFLN and was thinking that I would not be surprised if Larsen is cut and Rosario plays the FB position, while moonlighting at TE every once in a while. Sylvester's best chance is the practice squad.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
How so?
I thought Larsen outperformed Hillis to the point he made Hillis expendable.
Strange things!
We should've kept Hillis and made Moreno block for him...

No way. Keep in mind that this was Josh McD who was evaluating players. Larsen was not out-performing Hillis, it was just that McD tossed Hillis into the doghouse early on and wrote him off completely, IMO.

Larsen is a bottom feeder when it comes to the FB position. He became a sort of cult hero around here but never was the road grader that could take a running game to a new level. Rosario's an option, but not a true FB. We need to invest in a guy that can lead block competently/consistently and takes pride in splattering guys.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #12
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 6,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Jerome Felton sounds like a fullback name...Spencer Larsen sounds like the token fat guy in a boy band with an awesome line beard.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
No way. Keep in mind that this was Josh McD who was evaluating players. Larsen was not out-performing Hillis, it was just that McD tossed Hillis into the doghouse early on and wrote him off completely, IMO.

Larsen is a bottom feeder when it comes to the FB position. He became a sort of cult hero around here but never was the road grader that could take a running game to a new level. Rosario's an option, but not a true FB. We need to invest in a guy that can lead block competently/consistently and takes pride in splattering guys.
It was Shanahan that switched Larsen to FB....and Larsen was also ahead of Hillis on the Depth chart as a FB on Shanahan's team.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
It was Shanahan that switched Larsen to FB....and Larsen was also ahead of Hillis on the Depth chart as a FB on Shanahan's team.
I realize this. My point is that when Hillis became a legit running threat under Shanny, his days as FB were over. Larsen was then installed under Shanny and also under McD. Hillis became a washout (13 carries) while Larsen was still being used at FB. Then Hillis gets shipped and Larsen becomes the only real #1 FB and the run game suffers. Again, he's never been a legitimate FB, but more of a hybrid H-Back than anything else, and certainly never a road grader as a lead blocker.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Wow I was not aware of this Sylvester guy, any chance he's better than Larsen?
from things i have heard and seen about the guy, he is just a pure FB. a no frills guy, just someone who is going to hit and supposedly he hits hard, but i haven't seen anything in games to prove that, which is sad considering just how awful Larsen has looked.

i am actually in a way betting on the team cutting both Larsen and Sylvester and lining up Fells or Rosario in the FB position if necessary.

i think this team may end up keeping 4 TEs
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

Felton sucks so bad you do not want him here.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Broncos seem happy with Larsen and all the TE's.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
from things i have heard and seen about the guy, he is just a pure FB. a no frills guy, just someone who is going to hit and supposedly he hits hard, but i haven't seen anything in games to prove that, which is sad considering just how awful Larsen has looked.

i am actually in a way betting on the team cutting both Larsen and Sylvester and lining up Fells or Rosario in the FB position if necessary.

i think this team may end up keeping 4 TEs

Against SEA he had a nice pop to spring 37 for a nice gain. I have not seen Larsen do the same.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Jerome Felton sounds like a fullback name...Spencer Larsen sounds like the token fat guy in a boy band with an awesome line beard.
so what you're saying is we should keep Spencer Larsen
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Against SEA he had a nice pop to spring 37 for a nice gain. I have not seen Larsen do the same.

damn i need to check that out. must have missed it
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Larsen needs to go back to MLB.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Tebow can play FB, then you could have a FB option.
I would love to see some multiple QB sets with Tebow and Orton out there - with some double passes and option sweeps mixed in.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #23
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,736

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Larsen is becoming a great fullback. His past two games have been very good. Sometimes I think you people just make crap up based on literally nothing. Let's see if the staff agrees we need to cut a versatile starter who plays special teams in favor of another team's garbage.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #24
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Larsen is becoming a great fullback. His past two games have been very good. Sometimes I think you people just make crap up based on literally nothing. Let's see if the staff agrees we need to cut a versatile starter who plays special teams in favor of another team's garbage.
You have got to be kidding me....
You normally know what the heck you are talking about. If you really watched his performance against Seattle and think it was OK, then I have lost a ton of respect for your opinion.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtech96 View Post
You have got to be kidding me....
You normally know what the heck you are talking about. If you really watched his performance against Seattle and think it was OK, then I have lost a ton of respect for your opinion.
Over a blocking fullback? lol
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clausen not an option... Popps Orange Mane Central Discussion 11 04-22-2010 05:18 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Denver Broncos