The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Default BREAKING: Tebow likely to be 7th string QB for DEN

According to unnamed sources within John Elway Chevrolet, Mr. Elway was overheard describing the latest QB depth chart:

"Well, Pat, here's how I see it: Kyle is #1. He's earned it. Brady has come along quite nicely. He's our #2. Now, Adam Weber - he's a gunslinger. He's got moxie. I like him at #3. Tim? I'll get to Tim in a second. For #4, I think Matt Prater would be a great emergency option. Have you seen him throw? Have you seen him drive? Great driver. Really bounces off defending cars very well. For #5, I personally would like to get out there and QB if necessary. That's a deep emergency option. At #6, I think we go with Plummer. Yep, call him up and see if he'll stand-by. And then #7, we'll go with Tebow. He's got lots of potential."

Full article here:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...rk-messier.jpg
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

lol...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
According to unnamed sources within John Elway Chevrolet, Mr. Elway was overheard describing the latest QB depth chart:

"Well, Pat, here's how I see it: Kyle is #1. He's earned it. Brady has come along quite nicely. He's our #2. Now, Adam Weber - he's a gunslinger. He's got moxie. I like him at #3. Tim? I'll get to Tim in a second. For #4, I think Matt Prater would be a great emergency option. Have you seen him throw? Have you seen him drive? Great driver. Really bounces off defending cars very well. For #5, I personally would like to get out there and QB if necessary. That's a deep emergency option. At #6, I think we go with Plummer. Yep, call him up and see if he'll stand-by. And then #7, we'll go with Tebow. He's got lots of potential."

Full article here:

Actually, Rod Smith, the emergency qb during the glory days has already committed to the 7th spot. Timmy's 8.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Hah!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Where is Jarious Jackson in all of this.. he deserves a shot.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

I think Elvis Grbac deserves another chance under center. Great arm, high motor guy.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Where is Jarious Jackson in all of this.. he deserves a shot.

He's at some park throwing passes and waiting for a call that will never come...from the UFL.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I'd go with George Blanda if we can get him out of the grave.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I'd go with George Blanda if we can get him out of the grave.
WTF? I didn't even know he was sick.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
WTF? I didn't even know he was sick.
Passed in Sept. of 2010. Gotta give him his props even though he was a Raider.

Still he pushes Tebow to #8 if he signs.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post

Full article here:

Ok now you guys are just being mean. He is a Denver Bronco. Stop.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Hostetler + Mustache for 8th!
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
He's at some park throwing passes and waiting for a call that will never come...from the UFL.
He's actually a backup in canada.

http://bclions.com/uploads/assets/BC...20Aug%2019.pdf
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Well, 7 IS a lucky number in Denver. I'm just sayin'...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
Broncos_2231

... who cares if he's #2 or #22. There will be a package of plays specifically for him and as long as he has success moving the ball, he'll always be in integral part of the offense this season and beyond.fficeffice" />
Old 08-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #18
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
I was at a Canadian Football game couple weeks ago. Trust me I'd rather be the janitor at Sports Authority Field @ Mile High(just wanted to write that once, it feels wrong).
Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Ok now you guys are just being mean. He is a Denver Bronco. Stop.
Orton's a Denver Bronco too... yet we have all this hand-wringing over Tebow's possible hurt feelers, but not a single word of concern about how Kyle might feel if he lurked here and read some of the posts.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #20
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Orton's a Denver Bronco too... yet we have all this hand-wringing over Tebow's possible hurt feelers, but not a single word of concern about how Kyle might feel if he lurked here and read some of the posts.
I don't mind talking about Orton/Tebow/Quinn. So long its serious, but when you're making fun of Tebow or Orton or Quinn, you're making fun of a Bronco. That's all I'm sayin. When you make a Bronco the butt end of a joke, you make the Broncos the butt end of a joke.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #21
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
When I saw Kyle in line at Cabo Wabo a few months ago we struck up a conversation and I didn't have the heart to tell him about the OM for that very reason Blue.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #22
AZorange1
on borrowed time

AZOrange1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dennis Smith

Now I'm gettin' pis*sed. Just listened to Mark Schlereth on ESPN critique Cam Newtons performance tonite against Cincy. "Well, he's having trouble in the pocket (looks like a deer in the headlights) and they just need to design some plays to capitolize on his talents out of the pocket I think he said. So let's continue to bash Tebow (he'll never be a NFL Q-back according to numerous sources) and coddle Scam Newton. Tebow looks like an all-pro compared to what I saw Scam do tonite.
AZorange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #23
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZorange1 View Post
Now I'm gettin' pis*sed. Just listened to Mark Schlereth on ESPN critique Cam Newtons performance tonite against Cincy. "Well, he's having trouble in the pocket (looks like a deer in the headlights) and they just need to design some plays to capitolize on his talents out of the pocket I think he said. So let's continue to bash Tebow (he'll never be a NFL Q-back according to numerous sources) and coddle Scam Newton. Tebow looks like an all-pro compared to what I saw Scam do tonite.

I used to listen to a lot of sports talk radio and watch all the sport talk tv shows I could find be it espn or whatever I stumbled onto ...

Now not so much. The older I get the more I hate most of them and would rather just watch the games and know who really sucks and who doesn't.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #24
AZorange1
on borrowed time

AZOrange1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dennis Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
I used to listen to a lot of sports talk radio and watch all the sport talk tv shows I could find be it espn or whatever I stumbled onto ...

Now not so much. The older I get the more I hate most of them and would rather just watch the games and know who really sucks and who doesn't.
Very good point----it is what it is
AZorange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #25
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I don't mind talking about Orton/Tebow/Quinn. So long its serious, but when you're making fun of Tebow or Orton or Quinn, you're making fun of a Bronco. That's all I'm sayin. When you make a Bronco the butt end of a joke, you make the Broncos the butt end of a joke.
Actually, I am going to respectfully disagree to a point. I find the humorous takes less offensive then the ones that seriously say nasty things about our players most of the time. Again, this is at least partially dependent on the situation.

Some of the jokes are actually funny and I think it helps lighten things up. I love the Broncos, but it is football, not my life and people get really butthurt if you disagree with them over something when it is all just an opinion and hardly worth the effort.

Now there are times, both in serious and joking situations things are taken too far. I find some comments on the Kyle Orton's new baby thread outright assholish and clearly posted with the intent to incite yet another Tebow vs Orton debate. That **** is getting old.

On the other hand some of the joking posts aimed at Orton are funny and posted clearly in the sense of light hearted fun.

I believe this OP was posted in this sense of light heartedness as an attempt to get this board to lighten up about the whole where is Tebow on the depth chart because right now it doesn't matter and frankly none of the b****ing is going to change it. The only thing that will get this changed is Tebow performing better and managment making the move. All the armchair analysis is amusing bickering but pointless and I find this thread hysterical at moments.

Anyway, my 50 cents for what it's worth.

Go Broncos! Also, I concur 7 is a lucky # for the Broncos! Go Tebow! Go Orton! Go Hillis,oh wait, um...oops. Oh I know, Go Eric Decker!
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote