The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default Woody backs Tebow

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18752495

Leave it to Woody to bring back some sanity to the Tebow debate. Tebow's biggest critics are a bunch of losers who only wish they had half of his talent and determination when they played. Boomer and Hodge are morons.

Best stat in the article about Orton: "Orton has lost eight of nine, 14 of 17 and 17 of his past 22 starts." Nuff said.

I honestly believe the whole Tebow thing is personal. Not by the Broncos organization, not by Fox or Elway because I believe he's not going anywhere and eventually he’ll start but by the media and some fans. They hate him because he's openly Christian and because he's made some money selling jerseys and commercials. The Lib sports media and some Boulder, CO Libs who are so called Broncos fans hate him for these 2 reasons alone.

The Broncos win a meaningless preseason game against the Bills one of the worst teams in all of football and suddenly Orton is a solid starter? COME ON!!! I can’t wait to see these haters eat their words by mid-season when Tebow is starting and Orton is sitting on the bench sulking because the Broncos are 2-6.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

OR...

what if Tim really is, for the moment, the 3rd best qb on the team? what if he's not ready and legitimately could use another season holding a clipboard, assimilating the playbook, and sharpening his footwork? see, these possibilities really ARE possible, and based on what fox/elway have said and done, are probable.

the media fueled critics may or may not have an axe to grind based on ideology, et al, and most certainly SOME do. but part of the media wrongly believes tim is ready now and that he 'is just a winner', as if using that argument proves their point that he should be out there in a new system. the key is going to be tebow himself. if he can put the hatchet jobs of guys like boomer and hodge out of his head and simply do what he's doing--working hard, studying, and getting better--then he'll be better for it. i'm sure he's chomping at the bit but he's also not the kind of guy that feels entitled to the starting qb slot if he doesn't deserve it.

hang in timmy, time is your friend, not your enemy.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Woody backs a lot of stupid ****.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Politics, religion AND Tebow in one thread? Winning!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
OR...

what if Tim really is, for the moment, the 3rd best qb on the team? what if he's not ready and legitimately could use another season holding a clipboard, assimilating the playbook, and sharpening his footwork? see, these possibilities really ARE possible, and based on what fox/elway have said and done, are probable.

the media fueled critics may or may not have an axe to grind based on ideology, et al, and most certainly SOME do. but part of the media wrongly believes tim is ready now and that he 'is just a winner', as if using that argument proves their point that he should be out there in a new system. the key is going to be tebow himself. if he can put the hatchet jobs of guys like boomer and hodge out of his head and simply do what he's doing--working hard, studying, and getting better--then he'll be better for it. i'm sure he's chomping at the bit but he's also not the kind of guy that feels entitled to the starting qb slot if he doesn't deserve it.

hang in timmy, time is your friend, not your enemy.
Tebow may not be ready I agree but the criticism has been so disproportionate itís unbelievable. Some Broncos fans donít know nor give a damn whether heís ready or not they want to publicly destroy and humiliate him period.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Politics, religion AND Tebow in one thread? Winning!

only thing missing is Lady Gaga..allow me.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

It's the backlash against the backlash against the backlash.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
Leave it to Woody to bring back some sanity to the Tebow debate.
Never has a more ridiculous statement been uttered.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Tebow may not be ready I agree but the criticism has been so disproportionate itís unbelievable. Some Broncos fans donít know nor give a damn whether heís ready or not they want THEY WANT HIM TO BE STARTING QB him period.
FIFY
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Tebow may not be ready I agree but the criticism has been so disproportionate itís unbelievable. Some Broncos fans donít know nor give a damn whether heís ready or not they want to publicly destroy and humiliate him period.
yeah, i hear ya. that's why i said that a lot of this will hinge on how tim handles it all. tim's also got a legion (pun intended) of devoted fanatics who will soften the blow, but the bottom line is whether he can play well at this level or not. nothing will change until we find this out.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Woody was also calling for Simms to be the starter in 2008 before Orton got injured, we saw how that ended.

This has more to do with creating controversy and generating internet traffic than actual analysis.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

This is completely new and hasn't been posted anywhere else.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #13
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
yeah, i hear ya. that's why i said that a lot of this will hinge on how tim handles it all. tim's also got a legion (pun intended) of devoted fanatics who will soften the blow, but the bottom line is whether he can play well at this level or not. nothing will change until we find this out.
I'm just afraid the ground swell is to get rid of him, that would be one the biggest mistake the Broncos may ever make. One day Tebow is going to be a great QB and I just hope it's with the Broncos.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
Woody was also calling for Simms to be the starter in 2008 before Orton got injured, we saw how that ended.

This has more to do with creating controversy and generating internet traffic than actual analysis.
Woody may be wrong about who should be the QB, but he's got one thing right then and now. Orton sucks.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I don't get it. Everybody knew Tebow was going to be a project with huge upside if he panned out from before the draft. Now in his second (lockout shortened) year he is suposed to be the starter and it's some kind of Bronco's conspiracy that he isn't. Geez
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #16
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Quote:
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18752495

Leave it to Woody to bring back some sanity to the Tebow debate. Tebow's biggest critics are a bunch of losers who only wish they had half of his talent and determination when they played. Boomer and Hodge are morons.

Best stat in the article about Orton: "Orton has lost eight of nine, 14 of 17 and 17 of his past 22 starts." Nuff said.

I honestly believe the whole Tebow thing is personal. Not by the Broncos organization, not by Fox or Elway because I believe he's not going anywhere and eventually heíll start but by the media and some fans. They hate him because he's openly Christian and because he's made some money selling jerseys and commercials. The Lib sports media and some Boulder, CO Libs who are so called Broncos fans hate him for these 2 reasons alone.

The Broncos win a meaningless preseason game against the Bills one of the worst teams in all of football and suddenly Orton is a solid starter? COME ON!!! I canít wait to see these haters eat their words by mid-season when Tebow is starting and Orton is sitting on the bench sulking because the Broncos are 2-6.
This!!!
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I'm just afraid the ground swell is to get rid of him, that would be one the biggest mistake the Broncos may ever make. One day Tebow is going to be a great QB and I just hope it's with the Broncos.
You should look around. If anything, the "groundswell" is for him to be the starter, and if he's not the starter, then the team is going to cut him and OH MY GOD I CAN'T TAKE IT IF TIM ISN'T THE STARTER AND ITS ONLY BECAUSE OF HIS RELIGION!!!!!

He can be effective, and perhaps MORE effective, coming off the bench in short yardage and goal line situations. You know, the ways he can help the team win RIGHT NOW. How's that a bad thing?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #18
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't get it. Everybody knew Tebow was going to be a project with huge upside if he panned out from before the draft. Now in his second (lockout shortened) year he is suposed to be the starter and it's some kind of Bronco's conspiracy that he isn't. Geez
Mike Golic had a good point this morning. He said that expectations for Tebow really ought to be about where you, baja, have them. The problem was that McD really screwed him by moving up to the first round to take him, thereby ratcheting those expectations WAY up immediately. First rounders are expected to do something now, third rounders (where tebow was projected in some mocks) are not necessarily.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #19
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Probably because when he was just thrown into the game as a rookie, he outplayed Orton. I'd rather not have to go through that again.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You should look around. If anything, the "groundswell" is for him to be the starter, and if he's not the starter, then the team is going to cut him and OH MY GOD I CAN'T TAKE IT IF TIM ISN'T THE STARTER AND ITS ONLY BECAUSE OF HIS RELIGION!!!!!

He can be effective, and perhaps MORE effective, coming off the bench in short yardage and goal line situations. You know, the ways he can help the team win RIGHT NOW. How's that a bad thing?
it's not a bad thing. Tebow said yesterday he is happy to help the team in whatever way they need him. The problem with it is that the team has to get into the redzone first. that requires picking up third downs and not sacking oneself at the sight of a defender.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #21
CEH
Ring of Famer

Here's what I see.

Orton will most likley get injured some point. He has zero pocket presence and a history of not being able to complete 16 games.

The offense will start out fast as team adjust to what they are running

After 4 games, DCs will force Orton to make plays in the red zone. He will fail just like the other years. Games will be closer and the spotlight will firmly be shown on Orton. No more running game or defense excuses. Both units will be more than adequate that will be what Fox

Tebow will get to play

If I'm wrong then we should be able to compete for the division
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #22
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
it's not a bad thing. Tebow said yesterday he is happy to help the team in whatever way they need him. The problem with it is that the team has to get into the redzone first. that requires picking up third downs and not sacking oneself at the sight of a defender.
Seems like we have been getting to the red zone for years. The problem has been capitalizing on those opportunities. And this goes back to the Shanahan/Cutler years.

So if Tebow doesn't mind sacrificing a little time for the good of the team, will his followers do likewise?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #23
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #24
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Oooooh.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tebow outplayed Orton by a lot last season. This is a fact. It is sad to see that the QB problem in Carolina is going to folliw Fox here. What can you do? Some coaches don't like good QB play. It is just sad to see that we got rid of a guy who didn't believe the film and replaced him with a guy that doesn't believe what the film is showing them. Hopefully his defensive knowledge makes up for it.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote