The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Schefter on the Tebow situation this morning

http://broncotalk.net/2011/08/23525/...ing-in-denver/

http://www.broncoszone.net/2011/08/s...situation.html

Quote:
“Let’s be very clear about this,” Schefter said. “The Denver Broncos are keeping Tim Tebow. They wrote him a check last week for $6.7 million. They’ve paid off his base salaries in his contract as it was written in there. His base salary for this coming season, $1.6 million: it’s fully guaranteed, the contract. The Denver Broncos are into Tim Tebow this year for $8.3 million. They’re not going to be paying him that money, then trading him elsewhere when he has minimal value around the league right now. They’re not going to be paying him that money and releasing him.

“People can bash Tim Tebow all they want. Really, let’s see what happens over the course of a season before we start hammering the guy.”

"If John Fox is planning on using Tebow around the goal line area, would he debut that in the preseason and give opponents time to study that, or is he going to surprise the Oakland Raiders on the Monday Night season opener?"
another Tebow thread, but unlike all of these other opinions, I respect Schefter.

Any thread police can
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

I love Schefty.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Will Oakland be "surprised" by Tebow's scoring ability when they've already gotten a game of it?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

surprize who,it isn't as if tebow is the 1st player to come into the league that has a run 1st mentality.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
“Let’s be very clear about this,” Schefter said. “The Denver Broncos are keeping Tim Tebow. They wrote him a check last week for $6.7 million. They’ve paid off his base salaries in his contract as it was written in there. His base salary for this coming season, $1.6 million: it’s fully guaranteed, the contract. The Denver Broncos are into Tim Tebow this year for $8.3 million.
This is a big part of the reason why I don't buy the notion that the brass is writing him out of their future plans. If that were the case, why pay him the $6.7 million instead of just releasing him or trading him for whatever they can get? It makes no sense. I think people are reading too mcuh into the 2nd preseason game. Is there really that much developmental benefit for Tebow to play in the preseason, when schemes are extremely vanilla? In Tebow's case, I think it may do more harm than good because folks are so hyper-critical of him even when he seemingly turns in a productive performance (6-7 in the preseason opener, yet headlines read he was "shaky"). I think the brass may just be trying to protect him from the hypercritical environment, particularly since a preseason game likely isn't going to do a whole lot to help with development. The real development occurs during the day-to-day grind of practice, and during meaningful games that count.

Quote:
"If John Fox is planning on using Tebow around the goal line area, would he debut that in the preseason and give opponents time to study that, or is he going to surprise the Oakland Raiders on the Monday Night season opener?"
Exactly. As Khan has reported, the team has been practicing special packages to run with Tebow. I'll be pretty surprised if those aren't utilized during the reg. season. Hopefully, those packages will be more creative than the fullback dive plays McD ran pretty much exclusively when he would put Tebow in.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Will Oakland be "surprised" by Tebow's scoring ability when they've already gotten a game of it?
Don't be ridiculous, I read on the Mane that Tebow hasn't proven anything at the nfl level yet.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
http://broncotalk.net/2011/08/23525/...ing-in-denver/

http://www.broncoszone.net/2011/08/s...situation.html

another Tebow thread, but unlike all of these other opinions, I respect Schefter.

Any thread police can
I liked the blurb and also respect Schefter, but I think your post really needed a couple more emoticons to make it really pop.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
I liked the blurb and also respect Schefter, but I think your post really needed a couple more emoticons to make it really pop.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Agamemnon

Dear EFX,

Thank you for the circus you've created this year by not supporting Tebow. It'll really go a long way to regaining the respect of the fans. It really will.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Dear EFX,

Thank you for the circus you've created this year by not supporting Tebow. It'll really go a long way to regaining the respect of the fans. It really will.
Yep it's all Fox's fault.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Can I nominate that we have a seperate sub-forum for everything Tebow?
Its like this is a message board devoted to Tim Tebow.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Who's Tim Tebow?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I AM INFULL SUPPORT OF THIS MOVEMENT!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yep it's all Fox's fault.
He's only one part of EFX. And yes dropping Tebow to third on the depth chart after a solid first preseason game, and then only letting him throw twice has only added more fuel to the insanity of this situation. The entire Broncos organization looks so ****ing retarded right now. A team needs to support their young 1st round QB or move him. The way they are riding the fence on the matter isn't good for anyone.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
enjolras
Ring of Famer

As long as Tebow is a Bronco there will be a flood of "Bronco" fans wearing Florida Gator underwear under their Tebow jersey. They don't give a damn about the Broncos, they care about Timmy and that's it. They'll continue to make everything about him and I don't think there is anything we can do about it.
enjolras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #17
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

Cutting him all those giant checks and letting him take his time to develop has been soooooo unfair to him.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He's only one part of EFX. And yes dropping Tebow to third on the depth chart after a solid first preseason game, and then only letting him throw twice has only added more fuel to the insanity of this situation. The entire Broncos organization looks so ****ing retarded right now. A team needs to support their young 1st round QB or move him. The way they are riding the fence on the matter isn't good for anyone.
Yeah he should have just handed the job to Tebow without practice or anything just to please the fans and media. I hope Tebow is more man about whats going on then our fans. We don't need to move him period. He is under contract and we paid him. Denver doesn't have any QB besides Tebow under contract next season. My f'ing god why does it have to be start him or trade him!!!!! Why can't we develop him!!!! Also Fox isn't saying **** about Tebow, it's some chicken **** dude hiding behind the media.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Cutting him all those giant checks and letting him take his time to develop has been soooooo unfair to him.
Clearly it has to be now or never with Tebow
Old 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
Teboner

It's settled Tebow is awesome! per Schefter
Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yeah he should have just handed the job to Tebow without practice or anything just to please the fans and media. I hope Tebow is more man about whats going on then our fans. We don't need to move him period. He is under contract and we paid him. Denver doesn't have any QB besides Tebow under contract next season. My f'ing god why does it have to be start him or trade him!!!!! Why can't we develop him!!!! Also Fox isn't saying **** about Tebow, it's some chicken **** dude hiding behind the media.
It's not "start him or trade him". It's matter of making it very clear that the team believes in him and supports him. All we've gotten is mixed signals on the matter, and the most recent preseason game was very ominous. A team doesn't demote their 1st round QB and reduce his throws to almost nothing if they are supporting him. It just doesn't happen.

The media sharks are circling and the organization seems to be intent on dumping as much blood in the water as possible. They are only making the media madness that surrounds Tebow that much worse. It's clear they really don't have a ****ing clue what they are doing.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #22
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
This.

LEAVE TIMMY ALONE!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Dear EFX,

I don't know about you, but if for some reason the Broncos cut Tebow but end up going 10-6, then they'll have my respect, although I would miss seeing a player than definitely entertains me when I watch. Wins will silence the media and all of this nonsense around the team. I hope this only motivates Broncos players who perhaps feel slighted that there is so much attention on a 2nd/3rd string QB instead of the team.

Until the team starts losing with Orton combined with a better defense and better running game, I'm wouldn't point the finger at EFX. But, if they start losing again, and they don't put Tebow in.. I would really start to wonder if they were interested in developing him.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
I don't know about you, but if for some reason the Broncos cut Tebow but end up going 10-6, then they'll have my respect, although I would miss seeing a player than definitely entertains me when I watch.

Until the team starts losing with Orton combined with a better defense and better running game, I'm wouldn't point the finger at EFX.
That is really neither here nor there. My point is that the way EFX is handling this is only serving to make it more and more of a media circus.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
It's not "start him or trade him". It's matter of making it very clear that the team believes in him and supports him. All we've gotten is mixed signals on the matter, and the most recent preseason game was very ominous. A team doesn't demote their 1st round QB and reduce his throws to almost nothing if they are supporting him. It just doesn't happen.

The media sharks are circling and the organization seems to be intent on dumping as much blood in the water as possible. They are only making the media madness that surrounds Tebow that much worse. It's clear they really don't have a ****ing clue what they are doing.
Who cares what the media says or thinks. Do you really think a NFL team should be controlled by the media? Really if Denver really listed to the media they wouldn't have drafted Tim Tebow in the first round. We wouldn't have drafted Miller over Marcell Dareus.

As bad as our FO has been over the last few seasons I'll take them over the "experts and media" everyday.

They will find away to get Tebow on the field. I'm sorry if it isn't fast enough for you.