The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default FF Thread

Until we get the FF forum moved where people will actually visit it, I figured I'd take the lead and get a thread going for questions, comments, etc. I noticed one thread already heading FF centric so I figured a dedicated area was needed.

First comment: I had one league where we drafted before the 1st pre-season game (WTF?, right) and the league head guy is a good buddy of mine but he loves to F with everything. The rosters are like 25+ and scoring all the way down to + or - points for the density of the pre-game poo. It's ridiculous. Anyways, based off last year's numbers, he heavily overvalued the return game so I figured I'd play along and draft a ****ton of returnmen for all the positions. Little did I realize the new rules would completely eliminate KO returns which are obviously the bulk.

Something I'd like opinions on: First overall, who do ya take? I've seen Vick as a commonly mentioned name. I think he's iffy in that position even before you consider how he finished out last season. I don't follow the Eagles enough to know what exactly happened but the same player didn't show in both halves of last season. First half of the season Vick is a decent choice for #1 overall if your league settings support it. Second half, no way. I rode Foster to success last year but I'm always weary about those scenarios. Either because the team saw the issues in overloading a single back with too many carries and tries to committee it or the player just doesn't repeat for whatever reason. I've seen others like MJD, Jamaal Charles, etc in the conversation and think GTFO.

Final question: How hard are you guys knocking down Manning and Chris Johnson at this point. No indication either will be ready to go but both are easily top 10 players when healthy.

I know I'll be keeping some cards close to the vest because of the OM leagues but some FF chat doesn't give away the whole scheme.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Vick will have a down year. Qb wise i would place your bets on Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,609
Default

I dont think Ill be drafting Manning this year
and unless CJ falls to like the 6-8 range I prolly will avoid him as well
Vick could put up like 2003 Priest Holmes numbers, but his health concerns me

So yeah Im gonna go safe in the first couple rounds and try to find some sleepers in the mid and late rounds
I was able to steal Jamaal Charles last year in the 4th, and there are some guys I got my eye on that are not all that highly ranked

Jahvid Best for example
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Vick will have a down year. Qb wise i would place your bets on Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.
I really think Rivers and Romo could blow up this year
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

taking tebow with my 1st rounder
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I dont think Ill be drafting Manning this year
and unless CJ falls to like the 6-8 range I prolly will avoid him as well
Vick could put up like 2003 Priest Holmes numbers, but his health concerns me

So yeah Im gonna go safe in the first couple rounds and try to find some sleepers in the mid and late rounds
I was able to steal Jamaal Charles last year in the 4th, and there are some guys I got my eye on that are not all that highly ranked

Jahvid Best for example
Best is intriguing. I was reading some things about how he wouldn't be a good pick because Leshoure was going to be stealing a lot of his carries. Now Leshoure goes down but I'm still stuck trying to wrap my mind around the potential of a Lions RB that has regular health issues.

And I picked up both Charles and Arian Foster in rounds 4 and 6, respectively, last year. It was great. The lockout has so much more jumbled this year.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
taking tebow with my 1st rounder
I triple dog dare ya.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

One of my hidden thoughts I'll share because it intrigues me so much: I've been trying to figure out the answer to the STL WR mystery. They have some weapons and for a McD led offense, there's gonna be SOMEONE that racks up some points. Is it D. Alexander? He's been getting some great reviews since he had issues early in camp. Do they stick with their proven in Amendola who seems a low risk, low reward kinda guy? Does Mike Sims-Walker finally realize his potential? Then you still have Donnie Avery hanging in the wings as unrealized potential.

Or am I off my rocker and all these guys are gonna be looking like bums come regular season?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Vick will have a down year. Qb wise i would place your bets on Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.
Rodgers has been supposedly shaky in pre-season. He was my QB last year and I have to assume he'll be back up to form by the time it matters but it just depends on how much you read into these practice games.

The opposite is true for Rivers. Noone likes their usual crappy starts to the season but they've been rocking in pre-season so far. A sign of good things to come or will anyone who picks a Charger early be kicking themselves for the first quarter of the season, as usual?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
HooptyHoops
We need a DE
 
HooptyHoops's Avatar
 
C'mon D

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
One of my hidden thoughts I'll share because it intrigues me so much: I've been trying to figure out the answer to the STL WR mystery. They have some weapons and for a McD led offense, there's gonna be SOMEONE that racks up some points. Is it D. Alexander? He's been getting some great reviews since he had issues early in camp. Do they stick with their proven in Amendola who seems a low risk, low reward kinda guy? Does Mike Sims-Walker finally realize his potential? Then you still have Donnie Avery hanging in the wings as unrealized potential.

Or am I off my rocker and all these guys are gonna be looking like bums come regular season?
With this line of thinking....how high are we all rating Sam Bradford in this McD offense?
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Rams receivers are potential booms or busts to me. Especially if they go old school Patriot ball where everyone gets a few touches but no number 1
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooptyHoops View Post
With this line of thinking....how high are we all rating Sam Bradford in this McD offense?
I'll be cognizant of his position in all my drafts. That's all I'm saying.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Rams receivers are potential booms or busts to me. Especially if they go old school Patriot ball where everyone gets a few touches but no number 1
And that's what I'm afraid of. Last year when the options were limited, Amendola was getting solid targets. Now they have a very solid receiving corps. You have the potential to go NE with everyone touching some and you have the potential to go with what we've seen the last few years in Denver where one player in particular was going to get his touches every damn week and especially when things go sour elsewhere on the team. I think someone like Sims-Walker (if he wins a starting position and actually plays to his potential) could be somewhere between the very respectable numbers Branch was putting up in NE back in the day and the one man Marshall/Lloyd shows we've seen more recently. I think if any of the others win the showdown and become the first read, we see a more balanced attack. Amendola being the exception but I just can't fathom an offense running through a guy like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a Royal-esque nosedive this year.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

I'm so behind on my FF stuff. I haven't even thought about it and I have drafts coming up. I'll be reading this thread to see what people are thinking. Should help.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #15
HooptyHoops
We need a DE
 
HooptyHoops's Avatar
 
C'mon D

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I'll be cognizant of his position in all my drafts. That's all I'm saying.
I'm not in the OM draft, but he is flying up my board....we play auction, so I think I can him for pretty cheap!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #16
Paul Finebaum PWNS!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I drafted these Broncos yesterday!!!Brandon Lloyd (6th round)Also...Tim Tebow, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Matt Prater
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #17
HooptyHoops
We need a DE
 
HooptyHoops's Avatar
 
C'mon D

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Finebaum PWNS! View Post
I drafted these Broncos yesterday!!!Brandon Lloyd (6th round)Also...Tim Tebow, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Matt Prater
Wow, very optimistic about the Broncos heh? I am high on Lloyd still, but I don't know about the D yet....
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #18
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Finebaum PWNS! View Post
I drafted these Broncos yesterday!!!Brandon Lloyd (6th round)Also...Tim Tebow, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Matt Prater
Lloyd in the 6th round? Very nice.

Tebow is wasting a spot until we have some indication he is going to start, Prater sounds solid, but Doom and Miller are both "meh" FF players unless you specifically need a DE in Doom's case. A SLB won't get the tackle numbers you could get from a MLB or WLB.

Miller sounds awesome but he won't be so awesome when it comes to FF. You'll have to stick to just cheering for him in real life.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #19
Paul Finebaum PWNS!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Lloyd in the 6th round? Very nice.

Tebow is wasting a spot until we have some indication he is going to start, Prater sounds solid, but Doom and Miller are both "meh" FF players unless you specifically need a DE in Doom's case. A SLB won't get the tackle numbers you could get from a MLB or WLB.

Miller sounds awesome but he won't be so awesome when it comes to FF. You'll have to stick to just cheering for him in real life.
Bull****. Miller and Dumervil are going to be heat seeking missles in Dennis Allen's blitz scheme. Double digit sacks galore!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
Orange&BlueMohawk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Brandon Lloyd will put up good numbers for ya. But don't forget Orton. Without him Brandon is nothing (jerking off motion).

Orton will put up great numbers for ya. He just won't win you any games.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:18 AM   #21
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
robbieopperude's Avatar
 
Shannon to Canton!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Here are my thoughts.
Michael Vick was by far and away the best player on a per game basis last year. Even if he comes down by 5 pts per game he will still be the top QB in the league. So if your league favors QB' in anyway you go Vick number 1.

Arian Foster is going to have another big year and should be the pick over AP. Chris Johnson should go 3rd in standard leagues or Vick if you want your QB.

I agree on Bradford. Big time sleeper this year who will likely outscore Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and other QB's who are more recognized as fringe Top 10 QB's.

Manning may slip to the end of RD 3. Do your research and gobble him up earlier than that and laugh your way to a playoff birth.

Brandon Loyd will not have 1400 yards or 10 TD's in Fox's offense and I have no idea how much of a time share McGahee and Moreno are going to have so I am not touching either of them.

I like Felix Jones as a sleeper RB who could break out with 10 or more TD's. He could also get injured by week 4 so buyer beware on him.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #22
HooptyHoops
We need a DE
 
HooptyHoops's Avatar
 
C'mon D

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

I'm high on Bradford and Stafford for QB's to surprise! Also agree about not touching Moreno or McGahee, yet, I believe we could all be in a for a treat watching them...just don't know who the heck is going to get the touches!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #23
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Finebaum PWNS! View Post
Bull****. Miller and Dumervil are going to be heat seeking missles in Dennis Allen's blitz scheme. Double digit sacks galore!
Hopefully they are but you get your defensive points off tackles and return yardage. Sacks, INTs, etc. are bonus but if you get 1 pt for a tackle and 2 for a sack, you'd need 50 sacks to get the 100 points a good MLB or WLB could get you. Figure one of those DEs might get 20 or 30 tackles if you're lucky and that number drops all the way down to 35-40 sacks. No thanks.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieopperude View Post
Here are my thoughts.
Michael Vick was by far and away the best player on a per game basis last year. Even if he comes down by 5 pts per game he will still be the top QB in the league. So if your league favors QB' in anyway you go Vick number 1.

Arian Foster is going to have another big year and should be the pick over AP. Chris Johnson should go 3rd in standard leagues or Vick if you want your QB.

I agree on Bradford. Big time sleeper this year who will likely outscore Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and other QB's who are more recognized as fringe Top 10 QB's.

Manning may slip to the end of RD 3. Do your research and gobble him up earlier than that and laugh your way to a playoff birth.

Brandon Loyd will not have 1400 yards or 10 TD's in Fox's offense and I have no idea how much of a time share McGahee and Moreno are going to have so I am not touching either of them.

I like Felix Jones as a sleeper RB who could break out with 10 or more TD's. He could also get injured by week 4 so buyer beware on him.
Are you figuring CJ will report soon? Bud Adams had a quote over the weekend that sounded like he was done worrying about the guy. Something to the effect of "If he doesn't want to show up, that's on him, but the fines are mounting up".
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #25
Paul Finebaum PWNS!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Hopefully they are but you get your defensive points off tackles and return yardage. Sacks, INTs, etc. are bonus but if you get 1 pt for a tackle and 2 for a sack, you'd need 50 sacks to get the 100 points a good MLB or WLB could get you. Figure one of those DEs might get 20 or 30 tackles if you're lucky and that number drops all the way down to 35-40 sacks. No thanks.
Sacks are worth more than two points in my league so your entire post is a moot point.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Denver Broncos