The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
MacGruder

Default Mallet for Tebow - "do it. do it."

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports....64363/31455865

excerpt
Quote:
The executives portray the Tebow situation as a complicated one. They believe that while the Broncos are not openly trying to trade Tebow, they say that when teams have recently inquired about him, the Broncos haven't been saying he's off the trading block, either.

Again, just to be clear, the Broncos aren't openly shopping Tebow but teams that have asked were told: Make us an offer we can't refuse.

The Broncos might deny this, but based on their recent actions, it seems they're realizing Tebow might not be a bona fide NFL thrower. Tebow was the third quarterback in Denver's last game. It might not stay that way, and there is a solid chance Tebow simply stays in Denver and learns and the franchise keeps him around.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

"an offer you can't refuse" that's like something so stupid that the Broncos are forced to trade him because it would be silly not to make the trade. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 1st, 2nd and a current player so that the Broncos could trade up in the next draft for Luck. Something really outrageous like that...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
ChrisToker

I wish
Old 08-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
"an offer you can't refuse" that's like something so stupid that the Broncos are forced to trade him because it would be silly not to make the trade. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 1st, 2nd and a current player so that the Broncos could trade up in the next draft for Luck. Something really outrageous like that...
From my own views of how EFX have handled this thing, I reckon anything from a potentially high 3rd or better would be a strong offer.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Why would NE be stupid enough to trade Mallet for Tebow? Brady isnt getting any younger and the way Mallet has played so far in preseason gives them hope for a replacement. Quite the contrary to what Tebow has done.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Too bad NE isn't that stupid
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
MacGruder

Quote:
Do they want star power in return for Tebow?

Again though.. it just doesn't make sense.. why would you make a guy look so bad if you want to get value for him?

It's the complete opposite of what everyone was saying they were doing with Orton..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Why would NE be stupid enough to trade Mallet for Tebow? Brady isnt getting any younger and the way Mallet has played so far in preseason gives them hope for a replacement. Quite the contrary to what Tebow has done.
Because Mallet looks better on the Patriots than he would anywhere else.. and Brady could play till he's 40 the way he is protected..

AND Bellichick would know how to use Tebow and by the time Brady was ready to retire Tebow would certainly be ready.

I think Belli would make Tebow look great right away and make a big profit on his return..

Last edited by MacGruder; 08-21-2011 at 12:03 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I feel bad for the Broncos fans who got excited about the kid (like I am/was) and spent hundreds of dollars on 15 jerseys to see him play 3 games.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Emo much, MacGruder?

Conspiracy theories lead to conspiracies? Jeez, the drama is thick. Almost like boots from the cleanup job at the corral......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
I feel bad for the Broncos fans who got excited about the kid (like I am/was) and spent hundreds of dollars on 15 jerseys to see him play 3 games.
collectors items baby..

It certainly doesn't make any sense though.

I guess the only explanation is the Broncos are thinking of the moment.. right now.. not the future.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
collectors items baby..

It certainly doesn't make any sense though.

I guess the only explanation is the Broncos are thinking of the moment.. right now.. not the future.
Do you have a cup for your drool or just a hanky?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

If NE comes a calling for Tebow then EFX better know that Tebow has something very valuable that NE sees. Again, NE would have to make a stupid trade offer and Mallet ain't it.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #14
MacGruder

Quote:
If NE comes a calling for Tebow then EFX better know that Tebow has something very valuable that NE sees. Again, NE would have to make a stupid trade offer and Mallet ain't it.
The thing is.. Belichick is the only guy in the NFL smart enough to know how to use Tebow.

This was the only reason McD took Tebow.. because he realized Belli would know how to use him and McD thinks he can be Beli..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #15
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

If we are in need of a stupid trade offer I'd call St. Louis' offensive coordinator.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #16
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Because Mallet looks better on the Patriots than he would anywhere else.. and Brady could play till he's 40 the way he is protected..
Indeed. The Pats are a solid team and Mallet was playing against 2nd stringers. Probably why Tebow looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers as well.

Quote:
AND Bellichick would know how to use Tebow and by the time Brady was ready to retire Tebow would certainly be ready.
How do you figure? BB likes QB's who can throw from the pocket, not scramble first QB's.

Quote:
I think Belli would make Tebow look great right away and make a big profit on his return..
I think BB would make Tebow look like a great TE (wait they have that in Hernandez) or a RB (Wait, they have those too). Fact is, New England doesnt need Tebow in any way shape or form. Now, maybe the Jags or Lions might consider it. Hell, maybe the Eagles might as they already have two runners in Vick and Young there. Why not a third? lol
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Do you have a cup for your drool or just a hanky?
Are you drunk?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #18
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
If we are in need of a stupid trade offer I'd call St. Louis' offensive coordinator.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
The thing is.. Belichick is the only guy in the NFL smart enough to know how to use Tebow.

This was the only reason McD took Tebow.. because he realized Belli would know how to use him and McD thinks he can be Beli..
Perhaps Beli does like Tebow and he might have taken Tebow in the second round... as a developmental type of QB. He'd make him sit behind Tom Terrific and watch and learn.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
bombay
Ring of Famer

Mallet probably has the best arm in the league, but makes lots of dumb mistakes. Forcing the ball in situations that are impossible, etc. Cutleresque. But I'd trade Tebow for him in a heartbeat. Good coaching might get rid of some of the stupid mistakes.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #22
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Indeed. The Pats are a solid team and Mallet was playing against 2nd stringers. Probably why Tebow looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers as well.
I don't think that's it.. I think Belli has built a perfect system to complement Tom Brady and Bellichick realized that Mallett had the same strengths as Brady.. so the system is perfect for him. And the team is a really good team.. few teams in the NFL are that good.. so Mallet won't look that good.. at least not in the short term. Which is why it makes a fair trade. Tebow gives the Patriots something they can use NOW. Unlike Mallet.

Quote:
How do you figure? BB likes QB's who can throw from the pocket, not scramble first QB's.
Beli would make hsi system fit Tebow.. and adapt the system they have now to fit his strengths.. Same way McD would have if he was here. Just about any system can be tweaked like that. Fox is unwilling to tweak his game plan for Tebow. Fox lacks talent coaching. He's liek the Orton of coaches.

Quote:
I think BB would make Tebow look like a great TE (wait they have that in Hernandez) or a RB (Wait, they have those too). Fact is, New England doesnt need Tebow in any way shape or form. Now, maybe the Jags or Lions might consider it. Hell, maybe the Eagles might as they already have two runners in Vick and Young there. Why not a third? lol
If the Broncos can use Tebow in red zone why not the Pats?

At the very least they could use Tebow just like Mallet.. develop him then showcase him to other teams.. when other teams see how Beli uses him they will realize they could do the same.. just like he did with mallet.

Beli feels a kind of responsibility for Tebow.. AND he loves "football" players like Tebow. But Beli told Tebow to stay his senior year and it has been a disaster for Tebow ever since. I think he feels a personal obligation there. From all I have seen and read that is my take.

And plus.. remember.. Beli is a freaking genius and football historian.. He will get the max out of him like no one else.. which is why TT is so attractive to him.

Last edited by MacGruder; 08-21-2011 at 12:29 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #23
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Perhaps Beli does like Tebow and he might have taken Tebow in the second round... as a developmental type of QB. He'd make him sit behind Tom Terrific and watch and learn.
Or he's make in an ILB in the 3-4
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
MacGruder

Quote:
Before the draft the media asked BB if Tebow could be a NFL QB and Bellichick said that Tebow wouldn't get by him in the draft.. that could be interpreted different ways but I always felt he meant he would use his first pick on him.

Last edited by MacGruder; 08-21-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #25
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Beli would make hsi system fit Tebow.. and adapt the system they have now to fit his strengths.. Same way McD would have if he was here. Just about any system can be tweaked like that. Fox is unwilling to tweak his game plan for Tebow. Fox lacks talent coaching. He's liek the Orton of coaches.
why would he when he already has a system that he has won multiple SBs with. beli is too stubborn & too team oriented coach to ever think he needs to change vs making an unproven player like tebow change and fit beli system.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote