The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default We are GONNA BOSS the AFC West

1) The defense is going to be MUCH better than we BRONCOS fans have seen in a long time. Pressure on the QB?? I had no idea what that was like to watch. Granted, it was the Bills, who struggle up front, but wow. Great to see. It frees up DJ and lets our safeties and corners play on their toes instead of on the back of their heels.

2) the addition of Willis is going to help a lot if he can stay off the weed and take up 10 carries a game. The reason he is open on the edges on those screens is because when Moreno goes the D expects power. I really like the 1/2 of Moreno and WMcG. Moreno will have a career year this year.

3) The QB controversy is done. Over.....FINITO. GET OVER IT

4) Von Miller is going to win RDPOTY (i think I might have added too many letters). Kids a beast. Im a fan and a jersey orderer (another word)

5) We are making the playoffs and winning the AFC West. Perfect combo of veterans and youth talent. Goddamnit, if Bey Bey was healthy we would get a lot more props.

6) Tebow needs to be put into packages. I feel like the entire rule about 3 QBs on the gameday roster was MADE for us. We can really **** with some teams inside the twenty and even during normal game situations.

7) The media is now very anti-Tebow. Have you seen the highlights they show. Let's not let the "East Coast" nerds ruin him. At the end of the season we have 3 options.

Hate on haters

Last edited by vancejohnson82; 08-21-2011 at 12:27 AM..
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

BAM!! needed to be added to the end of that post
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I am almost willing to guarantee a 9-7 or 10-6 season. I think Fox is really licking his chops right now saying, "wow, this team isn't as bad as I thought they were going to be"

the injury bug KILLED us last year and I feel like we may get some luck, although the Warren thing hurt

whatever, I just feel like we are light years ahead of where we were going last year
Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

and you know who the Chargers are? Us, in 2007. Best chance a few years back, with players vacating to go to better teams. They had their shot and got butt****ed in the playoffs.

I'm only worried about (gulp) the Raiders
Old 08-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #5
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I am almost willing to guarantee a 9-7 or 10-6 season. I think Fox is really licking his chops right now saying, "wow, this team isn't as bad as I thought they were going to be"

the injury bug KILLED us last year and I feel like we may get some luck, although the Warren thing hurt

whatever, I just feel like we are light years ahead of where we were going last year
It was the Bills. Let's not overreact.

I happen to live where the Bills are usually the only game on tv, and they are completely awful.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
It was the Bills. Let's not overreact.

I happen to live where the Bills are usually the only game on tv, and they are completely awful.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not judging this off of one game.

I'm judging it off of a few things.

a) Our staff wouldnt have held onto Orton if they didnt think we had ANY chance to win. They saw something and decided "you know what, this isn't a bad team. We might be able to win some games"

b) Great picks. We have guys that can fill in immediately. The addition of guys like Miller and Moore who get to play with DJ and Champ is unbelievable.

c) The wheels fell off last year due to a perfect storm of awfulness (kinda like my grandparents divorce last week) Doom's injury a DAY after he signed the contract. Thats a sign
Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

From what I saw, if the Bills had bothered to keep running it they probably could have had at least 100 rushing yards in the first half.

They instead chose to work on their passing game.

With their OTs they didnt get much work done.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #8
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
From what I saw, if the Bills had bothered to keep running it they probably could have had at least 100 rushing yards in the first half.

They instead chose to work on their passing game.

With their OTs they didnt get much work done.
Bob, you and I have had very few discussions. But....I would be much more worried about your team than mine.

If you think Bowe is replacating his year from last year...you're wrong.

If you think Charles will....you're wrong.

Cassel will though...he will be as average as a Dominican hooker who refuses to jerk you off after a lap dance

so
Old 08-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

I'm about to go mother ****ing HAM all over this mother ****ing joint.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #10
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I'm about to go mother ****ing HAM all over this mother ****ing joint.
I ****in love this attitude.....

who wants to get tickets to teh AFC Championship away from home? (I'm not totally delusional)
Old 08-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #11
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
1) The defense is going to be MUCH better than we BRONCOS fans have seen in a long time. Pressure on the QB?? I had no idea what that was like to watch. Granted, it was the Bills, who struggle up front, but wow. Great to see. It frees up DJ and lets our safeties and corners play on their toes instead of on the back of their heels.

2) the addition of Willis is going to help a lot if he can stay off the weed and take up 10 carries a game. The reason he is open on the edges on those screens is because when Moreno goes the D expects power. I really like the 1/2 of Moreno and WMcG. Moreno will have a career year this year.

4) Von Miller is going to win RDPOTY (i think I might have added too many letters). Kids a beast. Im a fan and a jersey orderer (another word)

5) We are making the playoffs and winning the AFC West. Perfect combo of veterans and youth talent. Goddamnit, if Bey Bey was healthy we would get a lot more props.

6) Tebow needs to be put into packages. I feel like the entire rule about 3 QBs on the gameday roster was MADE for us. We can really **** with some teams inside the twenty and even during normal game situations.

7) The media is now very anti-Tebow. Have you seen the highlights they show. Let's not let the "East Coast" nerds ruin him. At the end of the season we have 3 options.

Hate on haters

I agree with you…

This team is going to be much better than people give them credit for. The QB situation, which most fans are b****ing about seems to be a strength. And I do see Tebow used inside the 5-10 yard line a lot.

The running game is going to produce like nothing we have seen in a while in Denver.

The defense, though not amazing looks nasty at times…

Optimism? I think so.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

Hate on haters
agreed , doesnt matter who we played or when , Von Miller and Doom was lighting it up with speed , those guys were blasting off the line ....doom stays healthy all year , we got one hellva defense ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #13
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
I agree with you…

This team is going to be much better than people give them credit for. The QB situation, which most fans are b****ing about seems to be a strength. And I do see Tebow used inside the 5-10 yard line a lot.

The running game is going to produce like nothing we have seen in a while in Denver.

The defense, though not amazing looks nasty at times…

Optimism? I think so.
the crazy thing is, I hear a lot more optimism from casual fans about our team than I read here

once the QB thing is put to rest (which I think tonight it was, although I still really like Tebow) this fan base and team will be seen in a different light
Old 08-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #14
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Hate on haters
Though I do hate it that Miller and Moore are Broncos, they will do really well for you guys.
I don't see the Broncos improving so quickly in year one when your new coach didn't get to run a practice until training camp because of the lockout.
I think the Broncos DL and OL (outside of Clady) is very suspect.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #15
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Though I do hate it that Miller and Moore are Broncos, they will do really well for you guys.
I don't see the Broncos improving so quickly in year one when your new coach didn't get to run a practice until training camp because of the lockout.
I think the Broncos DL and OL (outside of Clady) is very suspect.

my Von Miller song...."BOSS"
Old 08-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #16
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

btw....McGahee gives the ball to this kid after his TD

and he SMILES HIS ASS OFF

can someone make it a .GIF i feel like it would be a great addition

Old 08-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Hate on haters

No it isnt. Just wait.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:00 AM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I am actually not worried about our starters on defense. Granted it's preseason and things are so bland offensively and defensively that its hard to make an accurate judgement, but it appears the defense has an attitude about it I have not seen in 6 years. Its a nice change.

The offensive line seems to be coming along nicely. Especially the right side. Kuper and Franklin are going to be huge together if they stay healthy. Even Moreno seems faster and does not get brought down by fingertip tackles.

Its nice to see.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:01 AM   #19
Shananahan

Quote:
btw....McGahee gives the ball to this kid after his TD

and he SMILES HIS ASS OFF

can someone make it a .GIF i feel like it would be a great addition
If I get around to downloading the game later the only .gif I'm interested in making is a five second shot of a little dancing girl staring straight into the camera. There were a billion shots of kids dancing during the game, I know, but this one was the only one worth watching over and over again.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 AM   #20
Shananahan

Quote:
The QB situation, which most fans are b****ing about seems to be a strength. And I do see Tebow used inside the 5-10 yard line a lot.
Ever since it became blatantly obvious we weren't trading Orton I've maintained that if Tebow couldn't win the starting role, I'd be perfectly fine with him wherever on the depth chart as long as they continued to utilize him around the redzone and short yardage situations.

Maybe I'm overreacting to everybody else freaking out and aborting their children over the QB controversy, but I'm starting to think that maybe the team won't be putting Tebow into the game like they did last year simply because the fanbase couldn't handle it.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:24 AM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Not having McD as the HC should be good for 5 extra wins right there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #22
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

8). We have a MUCH better head coach this year
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #23
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Orton is Orton. You can remove the stripes from a tiger, but it's still a tiger.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #24
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I like the optimism, and I share it. I predicted a 7-9 season, but I'm cautiously more optimistic now after two preseason games.

Especially when our first team defense has played almost a full game and allowed exactly 6 points.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #25
Agamemnon