The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
smoke4815162342

Default My Gut Feeling...

Tebow will never see the day as Broncos Starting QB, and the franchise will live to regret it.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Wouldn't ****ing surprise me.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't lose all hope. I bet you he would make a great FB.

QB? Not so much. That is why he is third sting.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke4815162342 View Post
Tebow will never see the day as Broncos Starting QB, and the franchise will live to regret it.
I know that will be the case.

Tebow's agent will request a trade in the offseason. They've seen enough in Denver. Why waste 2 more years.

If a franchise would rather play Kyle Orton, then the best college football player ever, it's time to move on!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
MacGruder

It makes no sense though.. why did they try to protect him so much at the end of last season then throw him to the wolves now?

Was it ALL just a marketing stunt in order to keep fans interested in the team?

Early on in the offseason the word was the Broncos didn't want him.. then they said they were going forward with Tebow.. truly bizarre. It's almost like they are trying to piss him off..
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
It makes no sense though.. why did they try to protect him so much at the end of last season then throw him to the wolves now?
Um, hello?

Different regimes.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:

Was it ALL just a marketing stunt in order to keep fans interested in the team?

Early on in the offseason the word was the Broncos didn't want him.. then they said they were going forward with Tebow.. truly bizarre. It's almost like they are trying to piss him off..
Actually I think it was a very effective marketing scheme, keep the market rolling with Tebow....and when regular season time comes around and we can manage to win with Orton(or maybe even Quinn) the market keeps rolling.

Good business tactic if you ask me ..... after all it IS a business
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
yerner
Ring of Famer

You tebow dudes are overly dramatic. He will get his chance. Didn't Mcd sign Orton for this year? So even Mcd new Tebow would need more time. He was always supposed to be a project.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

What will burn them?

Orton and Quinn both suck as NFL starters
Tebow is done with this team...you could see it in his eyes. He's said it time and again, he wants a team that believes in him. The Denver Broncos obviously don't believe in him.

He's gone.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
extralife
Ring of Famer

so now Tim Tebow is a quitter?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Orton is gone in 2012. Tebow will be the future.

Everything else is just noise.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #12
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

I still say Tim showed more than enough in the final three games of last season to warrent development. We're going to lose Orton at any rate, and we aren't making a run this year. So why not take a chace and see if your once-in-a-generation college talent can translate that the to NFL?

I don't recall the game being too big or too fast for him last year.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Lol @ you people. The dude has not looked ready, while the other two Qbs have looked very good.

It doesn't mean Tebow will suck forever.

It doesn't mean the coaching staff is being unfair (quite the opposite, actually).

You all are going to have to be patient. If Tebow turns out to be good, you're gonna have to wait at least a year or two. I just don't see why that's so bad.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #14
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
You tebow dudes are overly dramatic. He will get his chance. Didn't Mcd sign Orton for this year? So even Mcd new Tebow would need more time. He was always supposed to be a project.
McD said Tebow would end up starting a lot sooner than people thought.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #15
extralife
Ring of Famer

and then he signed Kyle Orton to a contract extension. an extension that pays him starter money this year. you know, the year that this preseason is a prelude to.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Lets play this out. Teobow is never a starting QB of the Broncos. Are you or are you not a still a Broncos fan? If, yes, great! If, no, get the Efff out of here. You were never a Broncos fan. I'm sure there is a Tebow fan site where you can blow loads at.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I think people are reading way too much into this. Yes, Tebow isn't going to start the season, but he's going to get spread option packages, goal line jumbo packages, wildcat packages etc. If the offense stalls under Orton, he'll get the hook after a few games. If I'm Tebow, I'm more worried that Brady Quinn might push Orton for 1st team reps. With the exception of that tip pass Quinn is throwing ****ing darts out there.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Tebow's an awkward fit, I always looking at a player like Steve McNair, give him 2 years to get his study and game play up to the NFL level, THEN treat him like a starter.
Lucky we have a decent/reasonable 1st string QB at the moment.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #19
garandman
Seasoned Veteran

Your in my sights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Lets play this out. Teobow is never a starting QB of the Broncos. Are you or are you not a still a Broncos fan? If, yes, great! If, no, get the Efff out of here. You were never a Broncos fan. I'm sure there is a Tebow fan site where you can blow loads at.
Why all the hostility... I've been a Broncos fan for over 30 years. people were amped up when he played at the end of last year.. does everyone forget?? do u remember when elway brought you to your feet when he made miracles happen?? name one QB since he left that made your hair on the back of your neck stand up? nobody except 15 gave us a memory of what was like, he has a presence about him, some people just don't see it but I do... It's early but we might just be ruining a chance at a potential all star that someone else will reap the rewards...
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #20
MacGruder

The thing that really really bugs me most about this is here you have a guy who would do anything for his team and is the ultimate class teammate.. and WTF do they do? They USE him.. And they reward a Dbag like Orton..

And people wonder why everyone in sports is A-holes. Way to set the tone of leadership on your team.... and it seems the teammates embrace it. If they were good teammates they should be rioting how Tebow is being done right now...
Old 08-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #21
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
Tebow's an awkward fit, I always looking at a player like Steve McNair, give him 2 years to get his study and game play up to the NFL level, THEN treat him like a starter.
Lucky we have a decent/reasonable 1st string QB at the moment.
It makes no sense though when you consider how well Vince Young played and he is a bonehead. Tebow was a much better player than him coming out of college.

I guess they are just trying to appease the fans with token wins or something because they lost so much last year.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #22
smoke4815162342

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
**** off b****, I was born and will die a broncos fan.

I think a boneheaded decision to resign Orton will be made, and he will never become a playmaker that the team needs to win playoff games. We will stay a mediocre team for a long time.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #23
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
It makes no sense though when you consider how well Vince Young played and he is a bonehead. Tebow was a much better player than him coming out of college.

I guess they are just trying to appease the fans with token wins or something because they lost so much last year.
I'll take some 'token wins' this year, please.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #24
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Why all the hostility... I've been a Broncos fan for over 30 years. people were amped up when he played at the end of last year.. does everyone forget?? do u remember when elway brought you to your feet when he made miracles happen?? name one QB since he left that made your hair on the back of your neck stand up? nobody except 15 gave us a memory of what was like, he has a presence about him, some people just don't see it but I do... It's early but we might just be ruining a chance at a potential all star that someone else will reap the rewards...
Look. Here is the totem poll of fan loyalty.

4.) Player
3.) Coach
2.) Owner
1.) Franchise

Players change like women change shoes. I can make the point for and against every QB the Broncos have had since Elway. But I'm not going to argue for a guy that hasn't even won the position in his coaches eyes win they have coaching tape to review. I'm not going to argue against coaches that know where each and every receiver is suppose to be and not fault the QB for not finding the open receiver. Look Elway had to win the trust of the coaches before getting on the field where he could get the chance to win our trust.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #25
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
**** off b****, I was born and will die a broncos fan.

I think a boneheaded decision to resign Orton will be made, and he will never become a playmaker that the team needs to win playoff games. We will stay a mediocre team for a long time.
Hey if that is the case the you have nothing to worry about from me. Period. Done.

But if your agruing for a guy that has won the trust from the coaches first.