The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
vonqkilla

Default Woody has Tebow in after we go 4 - 8

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18721489
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
vonqkilla

Personally I think Detroit could force a change earlier. Suh / Fairley vs JD / Zane and Orlando at RT, I feel for whoever is back there.

How many fetal sacks will there be that day?

If 15 is back there, 0.

Last edited by vonqkilla; 08-20-2011 at 07:38 AM..
Old 08-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

That's odd because I had tebow never starting before 8-4
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

In before the ortonites come out in force
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Marv Levy once said "if you listen to the fans you will soon be sitting with them" and that's probably good advice for Fox. But on the other hand if he starts Orton, nothing short of the playoffs will make the fans happy (catch 22)?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
DrFate
Lord of Order

I'll get out my own crystal ball...

It's very possible Denver will win their first 2 games (home vs OAK, home vs CIN) and all these pro-Orton clods will bombard this board with how fabulous Orton is and how they were right all along.

The wheels come off after that...
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
vonqkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post

It's very possible Denver will win their first 2 games (home vs OAK, home vs CIN) and all these pro-Orton clods will bombard this board with how fabulous Orton is and how they were right all along.

I think we will beat tenn, not so sure on Oak, but I'd give the pts with confidence. GB isnt sooo great, barely made playoffs, and then got hot. SD isnt so great either. I change my mind every day. On paper I agree with you.

Any given sunday!

Last edited by vonqkilla; 08-20-2011 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #8
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I think we'll float on mediocrity buoyed by an improved defense, every home game that things go wrong in be they Orton's fault or not, the screams for Tebow will become deafening and Orton's play will suffer.

It's going to be helluva frustrating season - the first time I have ever thought that in August being a Broncos fan.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post

I think the wheels come off early and the whimper to 4-12 possibly 5-11 mainly cause injuries happen and the depth sucks
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Woody is always right...

16-0!
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Looks like 3-6 to me maybe start Tebow week 11 at home vs the Jets. National spotlight similar to Cutler's coming out party.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Marv Levy once said "if you listen to the fans you will soon be sitting with them" and that's probably good advice for Fox. But on the other hand if he starts Orton, nothing short of the playoffs will make the fans happy (catch 22)?
Did he mention anything about listening to the players?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

can someone please ban baja.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i would love, love to see tebow vs cutler. cutler can see what a true NFL leader is like, a guy that elevates the play of those around him. i think denver may win that game on principle. von miller and elvis vs their tackles? they allowed nine sacks vs the bills...
Old 08-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i would love, love to see tebow vs cutler. cutler can see what a true NFL leader is like, a guy that elevates the play of those around him. i think denver may win that game on principle. von miller and elvis vs their tackles? they allowed nine sacks vs the bills...
Yeah, none of their tackles are tackles anymore...

I really hope Fox gets our **** together, but I'm fully expecting the Broncos to get raped that week. Late enough in the season that we may have another team full of quitters by then... AGAIN.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I fully expect the offense will look better then people expect for first 4 to 5 games, then DCs will have enough game tape on it to stop it. At that point it down hill from there.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yeah, none of their tackles are tackles anymore...

I really hope Fox gets our **** together, but I'm fully expecting the Broncos to get raped that week. Late enough in the season that we may have another team full of quitters by then... AGAIN.
chicago is gonna be on a heavy decline this year, i dont see how anyone can be successful with that oline. and its not a huge deal, just speaks to management of that team, but they stole the starting spot from knox and handed it to roy frickin williams..
Old 08-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
chicago is gonna be on a heavy decline this year, i dont see how anyone can be successful with that oline. and its not a huge deal, just speaks to management of that team, but they stole the starting spot from knox and handed it to roy frickin williams..
...they made massive OL upgrades. And just came off the NFCCG with a worse OL.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
I think we'll float on mediocrity buoyed by an improved defense, every home game that things go wrong in be they Orton's fault or not, the screams for Tebow will become deafening and Orton's play will suffer.

It's going to be helluva frustrating season - the first time I have ever thought that in August being a Broncos fan.
This
The opposite will happen. I feel better about the season, while I fret having Orton still the QB for the rest of the season.
This post pretty much guarantees the opposite will happen...
Bank it!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
MacGruder

I don't think Orton is making it past game 5.

He has lost too much so he is going to have to play out of his comfort zone - like a man. Either he will get injured or if he fetals constantly he will lose too many games.

Orton is out of rope.. and not having McD to carry him offensively is going to kill him.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #21
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
...they made massive OL upgrades. And just came off the NFCCG with a worse OL.
massive, really?

a rookie RT, a guy that got beat for 3 sacks at LT? where are these massive upgrades compared to last season?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Oh great...another Peyton Hillis reference!

just kidding...
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Tebow sucks that is all
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
massive, really?

a rookie RT, a guy that got beat for 3 sacks at LT? where are these massive upgrades compared to last season?
A rookie RT? Carimi? Yes, lol. That guy is awesome. You should check out the boner Mediator especially had for him in the draft forum.

Not to mention Carimi also allows Chris Williams to kick inside to G where he can be an asset instead of a liability.

And Webb got beat by Shawne Merriman on steroids (see news article about him getting caught with them crossing the border)... join the club

If you can't see huge upgrades across an offensive line that just went to the NFCCG, then I don't know what to tell you...
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
A rookie RT? Carimi? Yes, lol. That guy is awesome. You should check out the boner Mediator especially had for him in the draft forum.

Not to mention Carimi also allows Chris Williams to kick inside to G where he can be an asset instead of a liability.

And Webb got beat by Shawne Merriman on steroids (see news article about him getting caught with them crossing the border)... join the club

If you can't see huge upgrades across an offensive line that just went to the NFCCG, then I don't know what to tell you...
to be fair, the steroid article was busted as not true, even though every ounce of logic points to what merriman DID do during the lockout.

chris williams and carimi are untested players at their positions in the NFL, they have the potential to be a vastly upgraded oline compared to last year, but they have to show it still. and based on the last game, they havent yet.