The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
MacGruder

Default Merril Hoge & McShay looking stupid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0BIKmoq0s

This is why you should never listen to the talking heads...

Merril is even saying the same tired refrain. I wonder if he just picks a guy to repeat the same shtick because it's all he has?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Oh well.

Nature of the draft.

*shrug*
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
MacGruder

Yes.. but it should put to rest any complaints the talking heads have to say about Tebow's supposed issues passing the ball.. They have no clue what they are talking about.

There are so many factors involved that they just have no idea of the context of what they are looking at..

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chance as anyone making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, If he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.

Last edited by MacGruder; 08-19-2011 at 02:06 AM..
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Yes.. but it should put to rest any complaints the talking heads have to say about Tebow's supposed issues passing the ball.. They have no clue what they are talking about.

There are so many factors involved that they just have no idea of the context of what they are looking at..

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chanc eof anyone of making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, UF he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.
Congratulations.

You just picked up on something everyone who has ever watched sports understands.

It isn't a science.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #5
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chanc eof anyone of making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, UF he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.
Wait, Locker is a can't miss?

Lol, he's like a ****ty version of all aspects of Tebow that doesn't win.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:03 AM   #6
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Wait, Locker is a can't miss?

Lol, he's like a ****ty version of all aspects of Tebow that doesn't win.
Yes.. before he decided to stay his senior year they said he was the sure fire number one pick and one of the greatest QB talents to come out of college ever. The one subpar season where he looked bad in the pocket and his value tanked.

I think Tebow was more valuable the year before he came out.. when he went to the senior bowl and didn't tear it up because he had a huge bullseye on him and wasn't comfortable playing under center it seriously hurt his stock. The same thing could have just as easily happened if he had to play in the sneior bowl.

I think the same will happen to Andrew Luck too.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #7
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Congratulations.

You just picked up on something everyone who has ever watched sports understands.

It isn't a science.
You say that but the media is tearing Tebow apart right now and many Bronco fans are buying it.. and players are so dumb they buy into it, too..

You lose the locker room as a QB and you are in trouble. There i a lot of jealousy among players too and I think this just gives them an excuse to revolt.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

give it a rest, i promise you you are converting more people against tebow just because they dont want to read your rambling anymore.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #9
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Funny stuff. Not surprised.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Yes.. before he decided to stay his senior year they said he was the sure fire number one pick and one of the greatest QB talents to come out of college ever. The one subpar season where he looked bad in the pocket and his value tanked.

I think Tebow was more valuable the year before he came out.. when he went to the senior bowl and didn't tear it up because he had a huge bullseye on him and wasn't comfortable playing under center it seriously hurt his stock. The same thing could have just as easily happened if he had to play in the sneior bowl.

I think the same will happen to Andrew Luck too.
Locker had an 0-12 season.

Only a ****ing moron would have said he was "can't miss" after that.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #11
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
You say that but the media is tearing Tebow apart right now and many Bronco fans are buying it.. and players are so dumb they buy into it, too..

You lose the locker room as a QB and you are in trouble. There i a lot of jealousy among players too and I think this just gives them an excuse to revolt.
Well you letting the media piss you off is your problem.

I don't know why an adult would even give a ****.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Well you letting the media piss you off is your problem.

I don't know why an adult would even give a ****.
especially about sports. media opinion changes by the minute
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:46 AM   #13
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

So, what I need to know is where's Brohm?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Media did not love Elway, or Griese, or Plummer or Cutler. Why should things change?

**** em.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:52 AM   #15
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #16
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Locker had an 0-12 season.

Only a ****ing moron would have said he was "can't miss" after that.
John elway's best season in college was 6-5 if memory serves me right.....and he never played in bowl game...and he was #1 overall in everyone's mind in '83
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #17
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

http://
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #18
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #19
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:

The reality is Tebow has as much of a chance as anyone making it as a QB. Just like supposed "can't miss prospects" like Jake Locker can tank over night.. remember when he was the Andrew Luck of college football at one time?

Look at Cam Newton.. no one predicted he would do anything the year he won Heisman and the national champ.. then over night he is the number one pick, If he had stayed in college another year where does he end up? Likely lower than Tebow was drafted.
http://
Old 08-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #20
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

I'm curious. Where do you stand on Tebow? Do you like him or not? It would be really awesome if you could dominate every discussion with the same tired argument for at least two months straight. Could you work on that for me? Thanks!
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #21
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I am pumped!!!. It's Hatch Green Chili time and you can buy them fresh at the grocery stores!!!! Coming from New Mexico it was a standard part of my diet for 18 years and I miss it. Last night I made a burrito and smothered it with Green Chili sauce and had a chili relleno also. I am going to make and freeze about 5 gallons of that stuff before they go away again. If anyone needs me I wll be in the kitchen.

Last edited by Drunk Monkey; 08-19-2011 at 07:33 AM..
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #22
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I am pumped!!!. It's Hatch Green Chili time and you can buy them fresh at the grocery stores!!!! Coming from New Mexico it was a standard part of my diet for 18 years and I miss it. Last night I made a burrito and smothered it with Green Chili sauce and had a chili relleno also. I am going to make and freeze about 5 gallons of that stuff before they go away again. If anyone needs me I will be in the kitchen.
Goddamn it. I'm dieting for one more work and posts like this are seriously murder to me.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #23
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I am pumped!!!. It's Hatch Green Chili time and you can buy them fresh at the grocery stores!!!! Coming from New Mexico it was a standard part of my diet for 18 years and I miss it. Last night I made a burrito and smothered it with Green Chili sauce and had a chili relleno also. I am going to make and freeze about 5 gallons of that stuff before they go away again. If anyone needs me I wll be in the kitchen.

I can relate, being born and raised in NM as well. I was never a fan of green chili (I'll take red all day long, however) but looked forward to every August when every supermarket would bring out their giant roasters and mom would buy 3 sacks of the stuff and have a peeling party with my aunts. The smell that permeated our house for 3 days after was pure heaven, man. Saw a market cleaning their roaster in the parking lot this morning--YEAH!

p.s. It also meant that football--college and pro--was right around the corner.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #24
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
give it a rest, i promise you you are converting more people against tebow just because they dont want to read your rambling anymore.
Reverse psychology only works on children.. are you speaking for the children?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Reverse psychology only works on children.. are you speaking for the children?