The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default Raiders run of injuries is becoming a problem

Raiders run of injuries is becoming a problem

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-a-problem/

Quote:
The Raiders think Johnson could be back for the opener. If not, rookie third round pick DeMarcus Van Dyke could be starting.

The injury issues donít end there. Safety Mike Mitchell hasnít practiced in two weeks. Center Samson Satele was taken to the hospital Wednesday. Wideout Chaz Schilens is hurt once again. Wideout Jacoby Ford hasnít returned yet from a broken hand.
Gosh, that's too bad.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Reveling in other teams injuries is never a good practice.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What the hell are you doing?!

Stupid Faylore, all injuries from here on are your fault and your fault alone.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Too late. Ty Warren's down and we already suck. Get over your voodoo!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Gosh, that's too bad.
Exactly, a problem for whom?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

The title I'd taken directly from PFT. There's 9 million Tebow threads on the front page. One article on our opening game opponents is hardly curse-worthy.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Too late. Ty Warren's down and we already suck. Get over your voodoo!

They knew Kaylore, they knew!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The title I'd taken directly from PFT. There's 9 million Tebow threads on the front page. One article on our opening game opponents is hardly curse-worthy.
Y'all believe in curses and voodoo too funny! The injuries that we suffered in camp aren't major. According to Jackson, Chris Johnson will be back for the opener. Louis Murphy will hurt the passing game, but we do have some surprises in camp so... we'll see.

If I were a Bronco fan I would be deathly afraid of the running game. I watched that Cowboys game and your tackling is horrible... I mean it stinks! Also, I know we have a couple of players dinged in our secondary, but I can hardly wait to see Goodman covering anyone... I'm drooling over the prospects of seeing him anywhere near Ford!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Y'all believe in curses and voodoo too funny! The injuries that we suffered in camp aren't major. According to Jackson, Chris Johnson will be back for the opener. Louis Murphy will hurt the passing game, but we do have some surprises in camp so... we'll see.

If I were a Bronco fan I would be deathly afraid of the running game. I watched that Cowboys game and your tackling is horrible... I mean it stinks! Also, I know we have a couple of players dinged in our secondary, but I can hardly wait to see Goodman covering anyone... I'm drooling over the prospects of seeing him anywhere near Ford!
I'm drooling over the prospect of seeing Ford try to one-hand ever pass since his hand is goddamn broken.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
I'm drooling over the prospect of seeing Ford try to one-hand ever pass since his hand is goddamn broken.
Funny thing ford doesn't have the cast on anymore. He'll be on the field torching Goodman as expected don't worry. Nothing to say about that atrocious tackling display against Dallas eh? Oh i'm sorry it was the first preseason game right.

I'm waiting for the excuse... just don't make it. The tackling was terrible last year and in seasons past. I can't wait maybe it will improve but looking at the history going back to shanarat during his scapegoating of all Defensive Coordinators... It will not change too soon.

McFadden & Bush are gonna wear down your defense and you will lose.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #11
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Reveling in other teams injuries is never a good practice.
Maybe not, but it sure is an enjoyable one
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #12
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Funny thing ford doesn't have the cast on anymore. He'll be on the field torching Goodman as expected don't worry. Nothing to say about that atrocious tackling display against Dallas eh? Oh i'm sorry it was the first preseason game right.

I'm waiting for the excuse... just don't make it. The tackling was terrible last year and in seasons past. I can't wait maybe it will improve but looking at the history going back to shanarat during his scapegoating of all Defensive Coordinators... It will not change too soon.

We must have been watching different games re: tackling.

But why would Goodman even be covering Ford? Seeing that every other receiver you guys have either A) Blows or B) Blows but is hurt.

BTW how long until Al cans Hue Jackson?
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
We must have been watching different games re: tackling.
I don't know how you watch preseason games... but I tend to watch the fundamentals... Like blocking, tackling and how skill players are executing. I watched the donks and I'm telling you that your tackling is horrible! All we have to do is lean on your front 4 long enough and it will be McFadden & Bush against your LB's and DB's who don't tackle well!!!

I bring up Goodman because he's a huge liability in your secondary... Anyone who gets near him has the upper hand!

Not much to say about your offense... except the glaring lack of a running game in the Red Zone hasn't changed. Blame it on whom ever you want. Bottom line is your offense stinks inside the Red Zone because nobody has to respect your running game.

Just some non biased thoughts about our weak 1 opponent.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Fox will fix the "tackling" issues, it was the first preseason game...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I guess the Raiders stretch too much too. Their entire training and medical staff should be fired.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #16
Pontius Pirate
Tampons are for pussies

I was thinking the Bronco's were starting to have some injury problems (and drunk idiot kicker problems) - looks like it was actually the Raiders instead. Phew!
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13

Orton will pass for 600 yards this game and Tebow will be forgotten
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Fox will fix the "tackling" issues, it was the first preseason game...
Ok here's the problem... Tackling is a fundamental of the defense. It's like a basketball player in preseason not knowing how to dribble the basketball It's ok the coach will show him how to dribble before the season starts

Heck, my commentary isn't all about the donks. Tackling sucks league wide! Some are good others are decent at it.. Then some players flat out suck. Lazy technique can become contagious. It was just an obvious thing dallas used better tackling technique and it stood out.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

We will probably play a zone and bracket Ford if all of Oaks other WR are hurt. I told you that Raiders were super think at WR. They will have to run the ball 30 times a game.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 08-18-2011 at 12:15 PM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also Ford not exactly established. With no offseason, no preseason, being hurt right up to the opening week without practicing I'm not sure he will be much of a factor unless he rips a big play off. I don't see him being consistent right out of the gate. Who else do the Raiders even have? Miller gone, Murphey hurt, Ford hurt. Man its bad at WR for Oakland.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #21
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
We will probably by a zone and bracket Ford if all of Oaks other WR are hurt. I told you that Raiders were super think at WR. They will have to run the ball 30 times a game.
We have plenty of players to catch the ball. You're not familiar with all our positions so here's what you are missing.

Marcell Reece played WR and converted to a hybrid... We split him wide and he makes catches from the backfield

Darren McFadden has very good hands and will make you pay
Denarious Moore is a rookie that catches everything you'll see him soon
We do have Kevin Boss at TE he's no slouch... I can go on about Ausberry and a couple of others but Its not necessary. Murphy is out but we have replacements who are good.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #22
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Champ is one of the best open field tacklers in the league which is amazing given he is a CB.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #23
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Champ is one of the best open field tacklers in the league which is amazing given he is a CB.
Bailout has always been a good tackler. It's all in the technique and the desire to actually put your body in the correct position then sacrafice it. Most players take horrible angles and shy away from contact or they look for the big hit.

There are a couple of new players on your team that are just bad... #41 wow... Reaching and not squaring up... Getting beat off the line is one thing but doing the mummy grab technique is not going to cut it in the NFL!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
We have plenty of players to catch the ball. You're not familiar with all our positions so here's what you are missing.

Marcell Reece played WR and converted to a hybrid... We split him wide and he makes catches from the backfield

Darren McFadden has very good hands and will make you pay
Denarious Moore is a rookie that catches everything you'll see him soon
We do have Kevin Boss at TE he's no slouch... I can go on about Ausberry and a couple of others but Its not necessary. Murphy is out but we have replacements who are good.
You are myopic. Reece and Mcfadden can catch some balls but in no way are outside or down the field threats. Boss is decent underneath but can't get deep like Miller could. Your rookie may be a good one, who knows, but to expect a rookie to be your downfield, outside threat first game of his career, vs Champ Bailey is a lot to ask.

More then likely Campbell only throws the ball 17-20 times and the Raiders try and pound it down our throats. May work vs Denver but for the whole yr Raiders have some serious issues on the oline and at WR.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 08-18-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Bailout has always been a good tackler. It's all in the technique and the desire to actually put your body in the correct position then sacrafice it. Most players take horrible angles and shy away from contact or they look for the big hit.

There are a couple of new players on your team that are just bad... #41 wow... Reaching and not squaring up... Getting beat off the line is one thing but doing the mummy grab technique is not going to cut it in the NFL!
I agree Vaughn isn't very good. But he is the 3rd or 4th CB so for the Raiders to exploit him them have to go 3 wr. With all of them hurt I'm not too worried about it. Goodman and Bailey can handle the Raiders because your QB is AVG and we will have a better pass rush for sure. Not to mention you are having oline injuries to a thin oline unit. Really you have as much trouble there as we do inside at DT.