The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Default I’m optimistic

Been mauling over the Broncos, reading pretty much everything out there that there is to read on this Bronco squad and I’m giddy. Some of you may remember my recent ground breaking insider information post regarding Mr. Elway’s vision and plan to get the Broncos back to football prominence and among the elite in the NFL. From the inside info regarding the Orton trade, I took liberties and projected Mr. Elway’s strategy of accepting, or allowing, natural selection to take its course this season with Andrew Luck’s draft declaration on the horizon. Although those projections were indeed reality a month or so ago, I am changing my position on: 1) the Broncos this season, and 2) Mr. Elway’s strategy.

Declaration 1: The Broncos finish 11-5:

Wins: v. Oakland, v. Cincy, @ Tenn, v. Chargers, @Miami, v. Detroit, @ Vikings, v. Chicago, v. Patriots, @ Buffalo, v. KC

Losses: @ Packers, @ Oakland, @ KC, v. Jets, @ Chargers.

Declaration 2: Defense will be middle of the pack if not upper echelon (even with the recent bad news on the DL front). Unlike the previous two coaches, John Fox lives, breaths, sleeps, eats and poos defense. His focus is on the defense. It’s what keeps him up and night. Doom and Miller, period! Miller’s play is phenomenal, but even better is his attitude and demeanor. It’s like if Al Wilson was an x-man, he’d be Von Miller. Denver has the talent and now the coaching to be at least a middle of the pack defense. Last year Denver finishes at least 9-7 with a middle of the road defense.

** In order fill gaps in the wake of Thomas and Warren injuries, look for the Broncos to get a little creative, such as bringing back Trevor Pryce or another long in the tooth vet at minimum.

Declaration 3: Run the facking ball is back in Denver. Yeah I know its cliché right now because of Fox, but it’s true. Remember, Orton carried this team last season offensively. However bad, he did carry the team. Orton = Denver’s entire offense last year. McD is Mike Martz on crack. He hates running the ball, and he takes to passing like a toddler takes to shiny objects. Orton may not be John Elway in the 4th Quarter or in the red zone, but he will better this season in all phases with a consistent run game and in a run-oriented offense. If Denver had committed to the run game more often last year, they would have finished at least 9-7.

Declaration 3: 3 is a two-fold declaration. First, the QB of the future is a Bronco right now. And second, Kyle Orton will get a two-year contract extension before year’s end. The media hasn’t figured it out yet because they have no sense or imagination; but reasons for the pull back on the Orton trade were due to the fact that reality set in at Dove Valley very quickly. The cupboards are not as bare as most think and a playoff team this year is among the roster. From the end of Shanahan through McD, Denver as an organization off the field was a circus. Bar-none the most entertaining off season and off the field team in the league. But play time ended with the return of Mr. Elway and subsequently his hire of Mr. Fox – F-O-X! Contrary to the majority, even with the highly publicized mass exodus of pre madonna talent, Denver during these last few years did indeed get younger and more athletic in a lot of key places. For example, if Parish Cox wasn’t a rapist ahole he would be thought of right now as one of the games up and coming corners in his second year. And there are more like Cox sprinkled throughout the roster – OL, WR, RB, etc. The problem with today’s environment is that with so many talking heads and year around media coverage, patients for allowing talent develop and take shape is gone. Tebow is getting clobbered right now; but just a few years ago nobody went after Aaron Rodgers or the Packers for sitting the bench as a 1st rounder, nor did they go after the Chargers and Rivers. But as soon as Tebow was drafted the standard for 1st round QB’s became play now or bust. It’s garbage. And it’s not paramount that Tebow plays now, or even next year. Despite his dullness, if one throws away out the bias and opens his/her eyes, one will come to the realization that Orton gave top 10 QB play last year, and, by all accounts, he’s even better this year. McDummy’s draft of Tebow (and all of his polarization) in the first round ironically appears to have been a blessing. Tebow in the NFL doesn’t draw the criticism as much as Tebow drafted in the 1st round does. With Orton’s contract extension, he will be, barring injury, the Broncos’ starting QB for most of that time – and the Broncos will also be in the playoffs during much of that time as well. Tim Tebow will then eventually supplant Orton as the starting QB – possibly 2013 - and Orton will be traded to L.A. for a king’s ransom (playoff-proven QBs do not come cheap.) The QB of the future is Tebow, and regardless of all the naysayers, he will become the QB everybody says he can never be. The media ridicule and hate has actually given Tebow a bit of a reprieve by the Elway regime. Elway is annoyed by the hate, and his resolve in helping Tebow succeed has been steeled. By week 4 he will be cast aside and forgotten by outsiders, but in Dove Valley Tebow love is just beginning to take shape - as telegraphed by John Fox in recent interviews. The stability of the Elway regime, the Broncos playoff poise, and Orton filling the void has given Tim Tebow the greatest gift a player could ever be given: Time.

There you have it. For the betters, book it! In John We Trust.
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

i like your optimism. I hope to come back in January and say dang your right.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

those are some pretty lofty declarations...

i approve...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

You lost me at 11-5.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I like the enthusiasm.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

I feel you on most of that, but I can't seem to dismiss the DT situation. We were a soft up the middle, worst in the league against the run defense. I have alot of hope that the sacks will come back with Doom and Miller now, but the DT situation is BAD!
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Share the drugs....err enthusiasm. Wow, 11-5? I thought I was transported back 6 years or so, when our ****ty QB got us to the AFC Championship game. But hey, I like it, keep it rolling and maybe that optimism will rub off somehow.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
DENVERDUI55

Damn u should bet the whole farm on over 6 wins in Vegas with that confidence.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Why stop there? I declare a first round bye, steamroll through the playoffs, and a Superbowl win.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Damn u should bet the whole farm on over 6 wins in Vegas with that confidence.

I'd go for that as long as there's a guarantee TimBoy doesn't start, if there's any possibility of that happening, I wouldn't touch that bet with a ten foot pole.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Why stop there? I declare a first round bye, steamroll through the playoffs, and a Superbowl win.
Championshiiip!
serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #12
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
Share the drugs....err enthusiasm. Wow, 11-5? I thought I was transported back 6 years or so, when our ****ty QB got us to the AFC Championship game. But hey, I like it, keep it rolling and maybe that optimism will rub off somehow.
If you do some research - I am not sure you can you may have to ask Taco - I predicted that run 6 years ago too. 13-3.
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=29103
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #14
Powderaddict

I really like the optimism. I think Fox was a great hire, and will bring stability to a team that desperately needs it.

DT is still a major concern of mine. The defense should be much improved, but this roster was left such a mess it will take more than 1 offseason to correct.

And I disagree about Orton. I not only think he won’t get extended, I doubt he goes the entire season as the starting QB. He has gotten injured every year he has started, so that’s a concern. I also don’t see Denver making a playoff push. I’d love to see it, but I don’t think we are there yet. Once the playoffs are pretty much not a possibility I think the new staff will really want to see what they have in Tebow so they know what they want to do in the offseason.

I see us with 6-7 wins, 8-9 wouldn’t surprise me. The schedule is brutal and there’s still just to many holes to fill. I am excited about where we are going though, and think we have the right people in the right places to get it done.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
DrFate
Lord of Order

You lost me at 'mauling over the Broncos'...
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
DAMN, I am good!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #17
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
well that encourages me even more...

nice call OP...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #18
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

How do we beat the Patriots but lose all 3 division games on the road??
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #19
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

There's one every year...

I think we'll go 7-9, and I think that's pretty optimistic.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #20
Agamemnon

Here's hoping you are right...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #21
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOrange View Post
Been mauling over the Broncos, reading pretty much everything out there that there is to read on this Bronco squad and I’m giddy. Some of you may remember my recent ground breaking insider information post regarding Mr. Elway’s vision and plan to get the Broncos back to football prominence and among the elite in the NFL. From the inside info regarding the Orton trade, I took liberties and projected Mr. Elway’s strategy of accepting, or allowing, natural selection to take its course this season with Andrew Luck’s draft declaration on the horizon. Although those projections were indeed reality a month or so ago, I am changing my position on: 1) the Broncos this season, and 2) Mr. Elway’s strategy.

Declaration 1: The Broncos finish 11-5:

Wins: v. Oakland, v. Cincy, @ Tenn, v. Chargers, @Miami, v. Detroit, @ Vikings, v. Chicago, v. Patriots, @ Buffalo, v. KC

Losses: @ Packers, @ Oakland, @ KC, v. Jets, @ Chargers.

Declaration 2: Defense will be middle of the pack if not upper echelon (even with the recent bad news on the DL front). Unlike the previous two coaches, John Fox lives, breaths, sleeps, eats and poos defense. His focus is on the defense. It’s what keeps him up and night. Doom and Miller, period! Miller’s play is phenomenal, but even better is his attitude and demeanor. It’s like if Al Wilson was an x-man, he’d be Von Miller. Denver has the talent and now the coaching to be at least a middle of the pack defense. Last year Denver finishes at least 9-7 with a middle of the road defense.

** In order fill gaps in the wake of Thomas and Warren injuries, look for the Broncos to get a little creative, such as bringing back Trevor Pryce or another long in the tooth vet at minimum.

Declaration 3: Run the facking ball is back in Denver. Yeah I know its cliché right now because of Fox, but it’s true. Remember, Orton carried this team last season offensively. However bad, he did carry the team. Orton = Denver’s entire offense last year. McD is Mike Martz on crack. He hates running the ball, and he takes to passing like a toddler takes to shiny objects. Orton may not be John Elway in the 4th Quarter or in the red zone, but he will better this season in all phases with a consistent run game and in a run-oriented offense. If Denver had committed to the run game more often last year, they would have finished at least 9-7.

Declaration 3: 3 is a two-fold declaration. First, the QB of the future is a Bronco right now. And second, Kyle Orton will get a two-year contract extension before year’s end. The media hasn’t figured it out yet because they have no sense or imagination; but reasons for the pull back on the Orton trade were due to the fact that reality set in at Dove Valley very quickly. The cupboards are not as bare as most think and a playoff team this year is among the roster. From the end of Shanahan through McD, Denver as an organization off the field was a circus. Bar-none the most entertaining off season and off the field team in the league. But play time ended with the return of Mr. Elway and subsequently his hire of Mr. Fox – F-O-X! Contrary to the majority, even with the highly publicized mass exodus of pre madonna talent, Denver during these last few years did indeed get younger and more athletic in a lot of key places. For example, if Parish Cox wasn’t a rapist ahole he would be thought of right now as one of the games up and coming corners in his second year. And there are more like Cox sprinkled throughout the roster – OL, WR, RB, etc. The problem with today’s environment is that with so many talking heads and year around media coverage, patients for allowing talent develop and take shape is gone. Tebow is getting clobbered right now; but just a few years ago nobody went after Aaron Rodgers or the Packers for sitting the bench as a 1st rounder, nor did they go after the Chargers and Rivers. But as soon as Tebow was drafted the standard for 1st round QB’s became play now or bust. It’s garbage. And it’s not paramount that Tebow plays now, or even next year. Despite his dullness, if one throws away out the bias and opens his/her eyes, one will come to the realization that Orton gave top 10 QB play last year, and, by all accounts, he’s even better this year. McDummy’s draft of Tebow (and all of his polarization) in the first round ironically appears to have been a blessing. Tebow in the NFL doesn’t draw the criticism as much as Tebow drafted in the 1st round does. With Orton’s contract extension, he will be, barring injury, the Broncos’ starting QB for most of that time – and the Broncos will also be in the playoffs during much of that time as well. Tim Tebow will then eventually supplant Orton as the starting QB – possibly 2013 - and Orton will be traded to L.A. for a king’s ransom (playoff-proven QBs do not come cheap.) The QB of the future is Tebow, and regardless of all the naysayers, he will become the QB everybody says he can never be. The media ridicule and hate has actually given Tebow a bit of a reprieve by the Elway regime. Elway is annoyed by the hate, and his resolve in helping Tebow succeed has been steeled. By week 4 he will be cast aside and forgotten by outsiders, but in Dove Valley Tebow love is just beginning to take shape - as telegraphed by John Fox in recent interviews. The stability of the Elway regime, the Broncos playoff poise, and Orton filling the void has given Tim Tebow the greatest gift a player could ever be given: Time.

There you have it. For the betters, book it! In John We Trust.
We won't have upper echelon defense... we have major holes at MLB, UT, and CB2.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
You lost me at 'mauling over the Broncos'...
Yes, he must stop "mauling" the Broncos. He must be thinking about what happens to us on both lines of scrimmage...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBronco View Post
We were a soft up the middle...
Ms. Johansson is a little soft up the middle herself these days. Plus she was recently soiled by Sean Penn...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #24
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #25
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote