The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
db56
Seasoned Veteran

Default Anybody else dissapointed in Tebow?

I know another Tebow thread right...

I dont know, guess I'm just frustrated because I was banking on him working his tail off and improving is "mechanics" entering camp. I realize it doesnt happen overnight and he didnt have any OTA's, but I wonder what he has been doing all summer. with his wallet and rescources, couldnt he hire a QB coach of a high caliber to help him with footwork and throwing motion.

I know he is hard worker but what the @ell has he been working on....
db56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I am not disappointed in Tebow. He's a kid learning something different and he needs that opportunity. It was clear to me he'd be a project. I had the same hope as you, but I am not going hold it against him when there no ota's, mini-camps, and a complete lockout with a new coaching staff. It's good we have Orton.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Yes. I'm mightily disappointed that he didn't take over the war room, throw Xanders out on his ass, and get us some defensive tackles.
serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
Agamemnon

The guy went 6 of 7 for 91 yards behind a line that couldn't block Peewee Herman. I really don't get what there is to be disappointed about. Unless you thought a guy, in his second year, that didn't have an off-season to work with his coaches, was just going to be an all-pro. Of course then the problem really isn't Tebow, it's your expectations, isn't it?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

This thread is like TGN's bat signal.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I thought he would have the starting job lined up and when coaches decided to have Orton as the starter, I am assuming Tebow took a step back. Yes, I am disappointed in Tebow but have hope that Orton plays like the first 6 games of 2009 or Tebow gets his chance and shines and we don't look back.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

No. I am disappointed that we didn't get a DT like Mebane or Okoye and that we didn't trade Orton and get the whole organization behind Tebow.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

After watching him in the preseason game, it seemed like he was indecisive. As much as its going to suck, its probably best that Orton start and Tim come in on special packages and goal line situations. After watching him play, it obvious he is not ready to be the starter. Hopefully that changes in time.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
yerner
Ring of Famer

Book tours and tire hammering don't get you better at throwing a football?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
MacGruder

The Broncos have no one to blame but their self for Tebow developing slowly.. maybe even taking steps back..

The Broncos tried to have their cake and eat it too.. supposedly playing to "win now" last season and they wasted what could have been a year of development on Fool's gold Orton.

Look at Colt McCoy.. he got to play much of last season and probably got a lot more reps.. had help from other QBs on his team and had an experienced coach who built a system around him perfect for his skill set. McCoy's coach wanted to draft Tebow and even said Tebow may not even need to change his throwing motion.

Now this season they even want to do the same thing playing Orton again with the delusional belief the team can do something with him at QB...

If Tebow was playing in Cleveland he could be ahead of Colt by now..

I also think it is a myth that sitting a QB makes them better.. unless they happen to be in the incredibly ideal situation Aaron Rodgers was in where he could watch a hall of famer in a system that fit both of them perfectly.. That sure isn't Orton..

Tebow needs to play to develop the things he needs to learn.. and his game is so instinctual sitting hm even hurts that aspect.

Last edited by MacGruder; 08-16-2011 at 10:02 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
No. I am disappointed that we didn't get a DT like Mebane or Okoye and that we didn't trade Orton and get the whole organization behind Tebow.
Now that's disappointment I understand.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Tebow will be the starting QB by week 11...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #14
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
After watching him in the preseason game, it seemed like he was indecisive. As much as its going to suck, its probably best that Orton start and Tim come in on special packages and goal line situations. After watching him play, it obvious he is not ready to be the starter. Hopefully that changes in time.
6 of 7 for 91 yards. No running game. No protection. No open receivers on many plays.

I really want to know what you guys expected out of the guy. None of this makes any sense to me.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

MacGruder, there was no way he was starting last season from the get-go. The only problem was that McDumbass didnt play him past the first game with many chances to get him the experience that was needed during blowout games (KC win and Raiders loss). Last 3 games was a no brainer but he could have had more experience with baby steps when there was no pressure on him.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #16
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

No. Nobody expected him to be "ready" by his 2nd year so why should I? He was hurt by the lockout, but what he needs more is playing time. I'd like to see him start the 3rd week of pre-season. How else will we find out if he is getting ready to run the ship?
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #17
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
6 of 7 for 91 yards. No running game. No protection. No open receivers on many plays.

I really want to know what you guys expected out of the guy. None of this makes any sense to me.
Agreed. Let's see some more TT action, hopefully TT first string action before putting the jury out.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #18
Meck77

I remember when Taco was disappointed that Jake Plummer led us to the AFC Championship game.

He's probably give his left nut to get back to those days. Just sayin....

Tebow's a young buck. He'll improve.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
db56
Seasoned Veteran

dont get me wrong, I like the guy and want him to succeed and yes he did a good job in the preseason game but that doesnt seem to be getting him any closer to putting Orton in the rear view does it?

I know he needs time to develop and I didnt expect him to be a QB juggs machine but with his work ethic, I'm just a little dissapointed that he isnt further along.

Last edited by db56; 08-16-2011 at 10:15 PM..
db56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Agreed. He was erratic and all over the place and made a number of poor choices. On one play he made the entire offense look like keystone cops including an illegal forward pass.

He just needs time. The two best QB's in the league spent 3 years on the bench.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56 View Post
dont get me wrong, I like the guy and want him to succeed and yes he did a good job in the preseason game but that doesnt seem to be getting him any closer to putting Orton in the rear view does it?

I'm know he needs time to develop and I didnt expect him to be a QB juggs machine but I with his work ethic, I'm just a little dissapointed that he isnt further along.
Every problem is an opportunity in disguise.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

No. I expect young quarterbacks to struggle and make boneheaded decisions. Its part of their development. What frustrates me is going with the guy with a single year left on his contract with a limited ceiling instead of trying to grow the entire team from the ground up. Is a possible 8-8 season worth setting back the team a year simply because you want to "win now" with the worst AFC team in the league? It makes no sense.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #23
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Waaaaaaaah!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #24
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

I might be disappointed if he went out and threw 3 ints like some other bronco qb did in his first preseason game as a bronco.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
MacGruder, there was no way he was starting last season from the get-go. The only problem was that McDumbass didnt play him past the first game with many chances to get him the experience that was needed during blowout games (KC win and Raiders loss). Last 3 games was a no brainer but he could have had more experience with baby steps when there was no pressure on him.
actually, we've only seen 6 quarters of Tebow. that Oakland game and the first half of the Houston game, Studesville "reigned in" Tebow and they called very basic, vanilla, Orton-like playcalls. it wasn't until the Houston game looked to be out of reach that apparently somebody prevailed on Studesville during halftime to "release the Tebow!". and he did. and there was much rejoicing(*). amen.

* = except at TGN's tailgate
Gort is online now   Reply With Quote