The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Four old vets at the Bronco QB Club

From my sportsblog at:

http://sportsindenver.blogspot.com/

Copy below:

Who is the only Denver Bronco offensive lineman to catch a touchdown pass from Craig Morton and John Elway?

I discovered the answer to this question and more at a meeting of the Denver Bronco Quarterback Club on August 15, 2011.

Bronco veterans Dave Studdard, Haven Moses, Tyrone Braxton, and Ron Egloff (pictured left to right) spent one hour answering questions from the fans attending. My impression of each:

Dave Studdard: He is the answer to the trivia question! He told of catching a td pass from Craig Morton in the great comeback win over Seattle in 1979 (the Broncos came back to win that game after being down 34-10 in the 3rd quarter). Studdard was full of jokes throughout the night and seemed to be enjoying his retirement from pro football. A TV was showing the Texans/Jets preseason game and Dave said "my son is playing in that game!" When asked about Tim Tebow Studdard didn't think much of the young bronco qb. "There's a reason 31 of the 32 NFL teams passed on him," Studdard said.

Haven Moses: The oldest vet and one of the heroes of the 1977 Bronco Super Bowl team, Haven gave a number of interesting observations on his playing career and the game today. He praised the fans and said the 77 team's relationship with the fans was an important part of the Broncos success that year. He said players back in his day were much more involved in the community than today's players (and that today's players make a lot more money!). He said the 1977 Broncos really put team goals ahead of individual accomplishments. He was asked about the recently completed collective bargaining agreement. He said not much attention was given to the older players in the negotiations but he does hear their pension may go up from $200/month to $1000/month. Moses was another old Bronco that didn't think Tebow deserved to start over Kyle Orton, and he thought the Broncos didn't treat Orton well in benching Kyle for Tim late last season.

Tyrone Braxton: Tyrone also had praise for the Bronco fans, "without the fans there would be no football". Tyrone currently works for the State of Colorado at the Gilliam Youth Dentition Center. He is actively involved in mentoring the youth at the Center, and recently organized a football "training camp" at the Center along with ex-Bronco Tom Nalen. On Tebow Tyrone likes Tim's heart and said Tim's commitment to training reminded him of John Elway. Elway led offseason workouts in Tyrone's day. When Tyrone played a year with the Dolphins he noticed Dan Marino wasn't near as dedicated to workouts as Elway was.

Ron Egloff: Ron is very involved in the Broncos alumni, organizing basketball, golf, and charity appearances. Egloff commented how Haven Moses torched the Raiders for two touchdowns on a frozen field in the 77 AFC Championship game (a special memory).

Overall it was an entertaining meeting to reminisce about better days with these old Bronco vets. As I was leaving I shook Haven Moses' hand and said "thanks for 77" (as a 21 year old I sat in the South Stands that year for the AFC Championship and other home games). Haven replied, "we'll get back there." He is still a Bronco at heart.

titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

sorry, but 31 of 32 NFL teams passed on tebow, even though he was drafted with the 25th pick?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Old school rules
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

THose have got to be fun to attend. I remember seeing Ron Egloff in Miami during our Super Bowl. We were tailgating and I see this curly hair guy walking by us on the sidewalk. He might have had a Broncos letterman jacket or something like it and I asked him, "You were on the Broncos, right?" He answered Yes and I told him it was his hair that gave it away. Nice to see those guys are still involved and hope Braxton kicked his cocaine habit. At least he is working with troubled youth.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Anyone know if Tom Glassic is still alive? Wasn't he the one who collected civil war stuff, and was just a mess, physically?

It's good to hear Tyrone Braxton has pulled his life together.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 AM   #6
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
sorry, but 31 of 32 NFL teams passed on tebow, even though he was drafted with the 25th pick?
exactly what I thought. I was lol'ing at that when I read it. I liked Studdard when he played, but that was a stupid comment.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Paul Finebaum PWNS!

I wish I lived in Denver so I could be involved with the QB Club. Seems like the most dope club ever.