The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default OT: Keegan Bradley PGA Champion

I wanted to give a shout out to PGA Champion Keegan Bradley. Keegan grew up in my home town of Woodstock, VT. I worked as an assistant professional with his dad, Mark, at Crown Point Country Club in Springfield, VT.

Keegan was 14 at the time, and I taught him how to fly fish on the ponds around the course and how talk smack on a golf course. I used to give him 3 strokes a side and still beat his little a$$. Those days are clearly gone, but I like to imagine that I taught him a little about toughness.

Anyway, it was surreal and amazing to see him win the PGA Championship this weekend. He's a great, humble, kid and it's a phenomenal accomplishment for a guy from a tiny state where you can only play golf about 6 months out of the year.

Congratulations Keegan!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Congratulations, Kerry!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

A well played tourney.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i stopped watching with like 45 minutes left thinking it was over...little did i know.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Keegan's major victory was the best finish in a golf tournament I have ever seen. To go from a triple bogie where your putt keeps rolling into the pond and then come back and finish birdie birdie par was unreal. Keegan was down 5 with 4 to play and he came back to force a playoff.......unreal.

I vote Keegan replace Tiger (the "match" player, who never shows up for his team) on the Ryder Cup.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Keegan's major victory was the best finish in a golf tournament I have ever seen. To go from a triple bogie where your putt keeps rolling into the pond and then come back and finish birdie birdie par was unreal. Keegan was down 5 with 4 to play and he came back to force a playoff.......unreal.

I vote Keegan replace Tiger (the "match" player, who never shows up for his team) on the Ryder Cup.
It was awesome. I thought he was done after the triple, but the kid showed some guts and came back.

I've never been that nervous watching a sporting event.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
Grover
Rookie

Thanks for sharing your history with Keegan. The PGA was a GREAT tournament and I couldn't believe all the water paralleling the fairways and greens. What a terrific course.

He sure showed a lot of fortitude to come back Birdie, Birdie after that Triple.
I'm sure it was only because of your guidance and mental training!

I will always have a fondness for Mr. Bradley from now on. I entered a contest to pick the best finishers in the PGA Tournament. I picked Keegan, a relatively unknown rookie on the tour, and the risk was rewarded by him finishing first.

So I won the contest and got a nice prize package from Taylormade Golf and The Hackers Paradise website.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like everything about Keegan except he likes the Red Sox ...
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
DENVERDUI55

Dufner s needed another joint at about hole 15. That was the problem he was sobering up.