The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Boomhauer

Default McBath cost the Broncos the game

One play, one bonehead play from FS-scrub McBath cost the Broncos 7 points - technically 6 plus a PA - and the game. He's always been a bust and having him on the field against the Cowboys is the difference between winning and losing. He should be bumped to 3rd string/SP-Ts until cut.

Dwayne Harris' 76yrd touchdown run is a direct result of a completely blown play by McBath. http://youtu.be/jRM1HTxHon8 On 3rd-6 against a 3receiver set the Broncos blitz 3, leaving safeties Carter and McBath to shut down the zone vacated by the LB. While Carter could have been quicker recognizing the TE/Slot route and the safeties should have been pressing the zone instead of keeping back, Carter did his job engaging the TE, positioning outside to stop a cutback and force Harris either to McBath in the middle of the field or take an angle to the opposite sideline. If you can't make the tackle, at least funnel him to your team mate and that's what Carter did.

But McBath abandoned his position in the middle and inexplicably took an angle outside of Carter, even though the play went inside. Falling down didn't help either, but once Harris caught the ball and realized there was only grass and two covered CBs between him and the endzone, McBath was too far out of position and too slow to do anything even if he hadn't lost his feet.

Poor positioning, no recognition of play, abandoning his zone, taking a route away from the play, losing his footing trying to do a 180 once burned ----- That's 7points and the game lost squarely on McBath and, just like last year, him proving he shouldn't be in the UFL, let alone the NFL. Cut his dumb az.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I'll take him over Nate Jones.
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I start him in Madden.

That's how awesome Madden is.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

and did McBath sleep with your wife/girlfriend?

Tons of hate a bad play by all.
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
and did McBath sleep with your wife/girlfriend?
He wishes.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
Boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I'll take him over Nate Jones.
Jones or McBath? As far as the biggest loser, that's a tough one, so cut 'em both ASAP.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

McBath has had a few years now to show something and the only thing he has shown is he deserved to be drafted where he was drafted and is nothing special. Makes some good plays here and there but isn't the idea to have good players on your roster, not mediocre? I don't see him on an NFL roster within the next few years.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Sucks too because he had a lot of promise coming out of college. His injuries each year haven't helped his development.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Mcbath stinks.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:11 AM   #10
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Shame he's had such issues with injuries, thought he looked very promising as a rookie especially in that game at San Diego.

But he's had so little game time these two years it's hard to expect him to ever do much at this point. Pity.

Still time to turn it around if he can just stay healthy, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see him cut in the next month with us drafting two safeties this year, McCarthy seemingly doing well and Bruton being a quality ST player.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:54 AM   #11
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Cut him, but dont cut yourself over it.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #12
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I'm glad that we're determining who has a job and who doesn't by 1 singular play. Because nobody else has ever made a bad play in the NFL.

Don't be mistaken; I'm not saying McBath is good or anything special. But to base his worth off one play is pretty ridiculous.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #13
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I'm glad that we're determining who has a job and who doesn't by 1 singular play. Because nobody else has ever made a bad play in the NFL.

Don't be mistaken; I'm not saying McBath is good or anything special. But to base his worth off one play is pretty ridiculous.
This is the same guy who said we should be starting Mohammed over Mays, largely based on one bad play by Mays.

Then the next day John Fox does an interview and raves about how Mays has been playing.

I'm not sure you can fit the grain of salt needed for Boomhauer's takes on any single contiguous landmass you'll find on Earth.

Its early, the coverage schemes have been significantly overhauled by a real secondary minded DC for the first time in years, and McBath has had a shortage of on-field play. Not surprising he'd make some mistakes. If he's still doing them come week 4 of pre-season then it starts to become cause for concern.

Rahim Moore blew his assignment allowing a considerable run to Felix Jones with the first teamers if I recall, should we cut him too?

Last edited by Drek; 08-16-2011 at 05:46 AM..
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #14
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I'm pissed too.
I there it went all my hopes for undefeated pre-season!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #15
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

That is an overly harsh judgement. It was another 6 man blitz package and the cowboys essentially set up a middle screen to counter the blitz. Carter had the TE and got hammered and McBath had the Slot WR.

The biggest problem on this is the spacing between the safeties and the switch responsibilities. Without knowing the specific adjustment on a middle screen, you have no idea who was at fault. However, the playcall was superb from Garret. It was the PERFECT play with that blitz and the high risk of a heavy man blitz reared its ugly head.

I am not sure WHY you are assuming McBath blew the play either. He took the outside of the play and Carter got hooked on taking the inside away. If they blew the play, then both of them blew the play, making them both culpable.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #16
DENVERDUI55

No superbly trophy now.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #17
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I didn't take time to try to identify formations and coverage, but I think McBath also cost us another TD against the Cowboys. I think we blamed one on Jones (I think it was Jones playing RCB on that play), but his man came back across the field (in the end zone) and I think he was supposed to get Safety help on the crossing route. You can even see the corner (Jones?) pointing and yelling to McBath as he is chasing his man all the way across the end zone. I'm pretty sure he expected to hand the receiver off to McBath when he crossed midfield.

2 TD's.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #18
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I didn't take time to try to identify formations and coverage, but I think McBath also cost us another TD against the Cowboys. I think we blamed one on Jones (I think it was Jones playing RCB on that play), but his man came back across the field (in the end zone) and I think he was supposed to get Safety help on the crossing route. You can even see the corner (Jones?) pointing and yelling to McBath as he is chasing his man all the way across the end zone. I'm pretty sure he expected to hand the receiver off to McBath when he crossed midfield.

2 TD's.
I saw that play. I thought it was Jones too but McBath let the receiver go past him without even looking.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #19
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I saw that play. I thought it was Jones too but McBath let the receiver go past him without even looking.
If I remember correctly, the receiver actually used a stationary McBath to "rub" the corner.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #20
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

This year's Willie Middlebrooks Award for Outstanding Suckage by a DB goes to.....
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #21
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Mcbath stinks.
McBath needs a bath?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

McBath has shown promise, and we need depth at DB. I'd be pissed if we cut him.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #23
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Keep David Bruton!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Keep David Bruton!
Keep Bruton, but for the sole purpose of playing ST.

I don't want to see him getting juked by fullbacks again.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #25
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post

Exactly... If we cut everyone who makes a mistake in a game we won't have anyone on the team.....
. and that includes tim tebow... champ bailey..... kyle orton....etc
errand is offline   Reply With Quote