The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Bailey on Rome

One if the team can win the division: Yes. We have a lot of areas we need to improve on, but if we keep playing well and improving, yes we can.

Can you win not throwing: Not if we need to. The running the ball keeps us really fresh. It only benefits us. We were moving the chains. If you can keep us fresh, it gives us a lot of opportunities on defense.

Have you been on a team that throws eight times?: No. But I've been on a team that threw 55 times and lost. I'll take running.

On Tebow: He has to get a lot better in a lot of areas in the passing game to be a good QB. He works at it, I give him advice, but that's one area he has to improve to be good.

Have you talked about not being able to score to catch up?: We have Marcus Thomas playing well, I'm healthy, as a defense we don't care about the offense. We do what we need to.

On Tebow's intagibles vs other QB's: He's a different person. Unique in a lot of ways. I've been with a lot of QB's that prepared as hard. He is on another level in the other things.

On his it factor: That's what's getting himself over the hump. He's winning these games in these moments on pure will. Once he improves he can be amazing.

On staying with a poor team as a free agent: I want to be a Bronco. I didn't want to leave. I want to win a SB as a Bronco. Over a decade since they won. I want to do it here. They've been good to me.

Is it ok to not win a SB: I will never it won't bother me. But I won't be upset about where I tried to win a SB and leave it up to God. One day it may come.

On 50 ints: It seems a lot. I can't downplay. My second year in the league I played with Deion and Darryl Green. Both had 50 and it seemed a lot then.

Who of those two was the most helpful: Green. I spent the most time with him and he taught me to be a pro. He was my age when he came in. I do it the way he did it.

How about Deion: He watched more film than any corner I've played with. I learned a lot about just film from him.

How to handle a short week: Take care of your body. Make sure its right and put in the film study. Cram course. We gotta a jump start by a few hours. It is what it is. We gotta go play.

On how it hurts your body: You don't think about that. Once the excitement comes you don't care. I've been doing it awhile. I love my job and get paid a lot of money, love going to entertain people on Thursday.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

HAM
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
On his it factor: That's what's getting himself over the hump. He's winning these games in these moments on pure will. Once he improves he can be amazing.
But, but.....he just CAN'T! I mean, Merril Hoge said he'll NEVER be a successful NFL QB. I'm confuzzled.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
HAM
The HAMEST.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
One if the team can win the division: Yes. We have a lot of areas we need to improve on, but if we keep playing well and improving, yes we can.

Can you win not throwing: Not if we need to. The running the ball keeps us really fresh. It only benefits us. We were moving the chains. If you can keep us fresh, it gives us a lot of opportunities on defense.

Have you been on a team that throws eight times?: No. But I've been on a team that threw 55 times and lost. I'll take running.
On Tebow: He has to get a lot better in a lot of areas in the passing game to be a good QB. He works at it, I give him advice, but that's one area he has to improve to be good.

Have you talked about not being able to score to catch up?: We have Marcus Thomas playing well, I'm healthy, as a defense we don't care about the offense. We do what we need to.

On Tebow's intagibles vs other QB's: He's a different person. Unique in a lot of ways. I've been with a lot of QB's that prepared as hard. He is on another level in the other things.

On staying with a poor team as a free agent: I want to be a Bronco. I didn't want to leave. I want to win a SB as a Bronco. Over a decade since they won. I want to do it here. They've been good to me.

Is it ok to not win a SB: I will never it won't bother me. But I won't be upset about where I tried to win a SB and leave it up to God. One day it may come.

On 50 ints: It seems a lot. I can't downplay. My second year in the league I played with Deion and Darryl Green. Both had 50 and it seemed a lot then.

Who of those two was the most helpful: Green. I spent the most time with him and he taught me to be a pro. He was my age when he came in. I do it the way he did it.

How about Deion: He watched more film than any corner I've played with. I learned a lot about just film from him.

How to handle a short week: Take care of your body. Make sure its right and put in the film study. Cram course. We gotta a jump start by a few hours. It is what it is. We gotta go play.

On how it hurts your body: You don't think about that. Once the excitement comes you don't care. I've been doing it awhile. I love my job and get paid a lot of money, love going to entertain people on Thursday.
The statements in bold are what jumped out to me. The first one is a interesting stat though. How often do we see teams that chuck it up 40-50 times lose? Champ is the definitetion of class act.

Last edited by maher_tyler; 11-14-2011 at 11:33 AM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Champ!
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos have been good to Champ. He's one of the best Bronco players of all time so they better be good to him.

Broncos should look to draft young corners that can help Bailiey stay around 3-4 more yrs. It would be smart to draft some young athletic corners that can learn from Bailey before he retires. Little things like that are what they smart teams do IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

We should really trade Champ to the Green Bay Packers as soon as possible. He deserves to not have to be in the city he wants to be in. And deserves to not be trying to turn around and win a SB with the team he wants to win one with. He should be forced to do it somewhere else. He deserves that.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

cHAMp
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
Stagger Lee

Damn I love Champ Bailey.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos have been good to Champ. He's one of the best Bronco players of all time so they better be good to him.

Broncos should look to draft young corners that can help Bailiey stay around 3-4 more yrs. It would be smart to draft some young athletic corners that can learn from Bailey before he retires. Little things like that are what they smart teams do IMO.

I am not a football guru or anything but Chris Harris looks like a damn fine corner. He should start next year opposite of champ. Not saying we dont need to draft but I dont think we need a first round corner.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #13
vonqkilla

Can you win the division?

HYFR!!!!

HYFR is new ham, ham is very 2010, get with it people....

;-)
Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #14
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
I am not a football guru or anything but Chris Harris looks like a damn fine corner. He should start next year opposite of champ. Not saying we dont need to draft but I dont think we need a first round corner.
So far he looks like a good young nickle corner. That doesn't necessarily translate outside.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
So far he looks like a good young nickle corner. That doesn't necessarily translate outside.
I agree, but that nickel back position is incredibly important in the pass-happy NFL. I'm happy to have him
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
But, but.....he just CAN'T! I mean, Merril Hoge said he'll NEVER be a successful NFL QB. I'm confuzzled.
Merrill Hoge is a dip****.

When Tebow improves, I'll be very excited. Until then, I'm still wondering if he has what it takes to be a professional quarterback.

I hope he improves.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #17
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Not disagreeing with you but he is our leading tackler the last two weeks. Not saying that means he can play on an island but he reminds me a lot champs playstyle he makes a a lot of his tackles in the running game near the line.

Chris Harris.

19 tackles, 1 int, and 2 pass defense
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Merrill Hoge is a dip****.

When Tebow improves, I'll be very excited. Until then, I'm still wondering if he has what it takes to be a professional quarterback.

I hope he improves.

also,

scoreboard.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote