The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Why Orton is a man and Cutler is a whiny girl

Both had their respective franchises make overtures toward replacing them. Cutler heard rumors that they were offered Cassel and threw a fit, whined, played games and ignored the front office.

Orton has had them use a first round pick on a QB, and despite reports he was pissed about it, played through the season. Then they openly engage in talks to trade him, and he shows up day 1 and works hard. It reminds me of how Drew Brees played with Rivers breathing down his neck.

I guess some guys are men and some are not.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Both had their respective franchises make overtures toward replacing them. Cutler heard rumors that they were offered Cassel and threw a fit, whined, played games and ignored the front office.

Orton has had them use a first round pick on a QB, and despite reports he was pissed about it, played through the season. Then they openly engage in talks to trade him, and he shows up day 1 and works hard. It reminds me of how Drew Brees played with Rivers breathing down his neck.

No no no.

OMane meme states that Orton is a p***Y and fetal when the pressure is on. NOthing positive towards Orton, not even comparing to ****ler.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

If they wear a Bronco helmet, I'll root for them. Exceptions: Brandon Marshall and his pedo-raping ways.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Orton's a man. He doesn't cry when replaced. However, he also sucks dick and led us to our worst record since 1990 as our starting QB.

Fact.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:15 AM   #5
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Orton's a man. He doesn't cry when replaced. However, he also sucks dick and led us to our worst record since 1990 as our starting QB.

Fact.
Yeah, that was Orton's fault.

Worst defense in Denver history and its Orton's fault.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #6
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

I think Orton sucks but he definitely has a bigger sack than Cutler.

Cutler also thought he was entitled to do what he wanted because he was labeled the "gifted one". When all is said and done, Orton will have just as many Superbowl wins as Cutler, 0.

Having said that being a man isn't what the NFL is all about. These players are treated like royalty since they were 10 years old. If you are looking for real men, watch hockey.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Fact.
He has incredible limitations. Not arguing for his talent or whatever. Just saying I have incredible respect for his professionalism and perseverance.

"His" tweets are pretty awesome too.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 AM   #8
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Orton doesn't have tear ducts.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #9
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
He has incredible limitations. Not arguing for his talent or whatever. Just saying I have incredible respect for his professionalism and perseverance.

"His" tweets are pretty awesome too.
I like Orton the man. Think he could be successful in the right situation. Unfortunately, it won't be in Denver. He needs the weight of the offense taken off his shoulders, especially in the clutch.

I've always appreciated his work ethic and can do attitude. It's time for the Broncos to move on though.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
MacGruder

I have way more respect for Cutler than Orton..

Cutler was straight up and said he wanted out. Orton pretended like Tebow coming in wasn't an issue and then sniped at Tebow all the time..

Then Orton played the most conservative garbage ball I have ever seen just to keep his starting job over Tebow. He knew as long as he didn't throw interceptions and put up numbers in garbage time he wouldn't lose his job and could just blame the defense and running game. Playing so conservative ensured his team had no chance of winning.

Cutler may have played like garbage at times but at least he played like a man and played to win even if he did get interceptions etc.

No contest.. Orton is pond scum IMO.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:35 AM   #11
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I've been very impressed with Orton's behavior the last few days. This has nothing to do with the way Orton plays the position but the way he handles himself. Cutler was a whiny b**** before his situation and all indications are, he always will be. Watching McD conduct himself over 2 years I have to wonder if there was only one little b**** in THAT situation though. Of course you could also say that Orton is much more of a man than Plummer when he was replaced too.

No, Orton was definitely not to blame for last year. Neither was the defense solely to blame. It was the whole damn team. Reference the Raider game. Damn. Actually Orton played better than the rest of the team at times. But I am one that gets frustrated with him doing his "fetal" position play.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #12
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why would Orton get mad? He sucks. Every coach that has played him, has looked to replace him. Why exactly would he have a big ego?

Cutler also didn't cry about trade rumors. He cried because McDaniels lied to him and then played games. It is amazing that people still can't see that McDaniels has horrible people skills. Why exactly do you think Nolan didn't last?

You McFans are idiots.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #13
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Fact.
Since 90? Try ever.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #14
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

H.A.M

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #15
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

Quote:
If they wear a Bronco helmet, I'll root for them. Exceptions: Brandon Marshall and his pedo-raping ways.
Don't you mean Nate Webster or/and Cox
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #16
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

The other difference....orton is a good quarterback.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Too bad the NFL doesn't think so.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:22 AM   #18
MacGruder

Quote:
I think they are actually incredibly similar.. I think they are equally talented in their own way. They both have heir own strengths and weaknesses but are both incredibly flawed.

Orton has the smarts but lacks the physical tools. Cutler has the tools but lacks the smarts.

Orton just hides his lack of talent by his safe approach to the game.. and Cutler exposes his weaknesses because he plays aggressively to win.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #19
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I have way more respect for Cutler than Orton..

Cutler was straight up and said he wanted out. Orton pretended like Tebow coming in wasn't an issue and then sniped at Tebow all the time..

Then Orton played the most conservative garbage ball I have ever seen just to keep his starting job over Tebow. He knew as long as he didn't throw interceptions and put up numbers in garbage time he wouldn't lose his job and could just blame the defense and running game. Playing so conservative ensured his team had no chance of winning.

Cutler may have played like garbage at times but at least he played like a man and played to win even if he did get interceptions etc.

No contest.. Orton is pond scum IMO.
neg rep
Old 07-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #20
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Too bad the NFL doesn't think so.
again, you and I disagree on the importance of a playoff game when judging a player or defense. playoff games determine the value way more than regular season imho. I know this seems crazy and absurd to you, but beating a team with a losing record at home and than having one of the worst halves of football in your house during the cg is all I need to see.

if Cutler steps up in the playoffs I will gladly eat crowe. I am not a butthurt sally like you. I can be wrong and admit it. cutler had one of the worst games when his team needed him most. and that is not good quarterbacking.

and the nfl agrees with that.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #21
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Real men don't sack themselves.

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 07-29-2011 at 06:44 AM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #22
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Never seen Cutler sack himself. Real men don't sack themselves.
true. although i never saw orton sack his hole offense.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
again, you and I disagree on the importance of a playoff game when judging a player or defense. playoff games determine the value way more than regular season imho. I know this seems crazy and absurd to you, but beating a team with a losing record at home and than having one of the worst halves of football in your house during the cg is all I need to see.

if Cutler steps up in the playoffs I will gladly eat crowe. I am not a butthurt sally like you. I can be wrong and admit it. cutler had one of the worst games when his team needed him most. and that is not good quarterbacking.

and the nfl agrees with that.
The NFL was willing to give up a **** load of compensation for Cutler. We can't get anything more than a fourth offered for Orton. You do the math.

Your argument is playoffs. I notice you failed to compare this with Ortons playoff play. Kind of a strange way to compare two things...

That first paragraph is why this thread is such a joke. Cutler can get mad because if we didn't want him, many others were willing to give up a ton for him, and tell him that he was a starter. If Orton acted that way, he wouldn't play football again.

Last edited by jhns; 07-29-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #24
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Real men don't sack themselves.
Cutler has sacked and fumbled himself a few times.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #25
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Anxiously awaiting some examples.

Quote:
Ummmm, they had arguably the LEAST conservative offense in the league last year. They passed all the freaking time and passed deep more than almost every team in the league, if not every team in the league. His ypa were among the league leaders.

He was #3 in the league in 40+ yd passing plays and #6 in 20+ yd passing plays despite missing the last month of the season.

Conservative? You're on drugs.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote