The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default Why Orton is a BOSS

All the rumors, all the Tebow talk and hype and yet here is Orton first day of camp taking first string reps. Listen to him talk, and he knows he is the starting QB in Denver. I don't care if you don't like him or not. He has huge brass balls and I will always love him for that.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
MacGruder

Brass balls? More like sheer delusion. He reminds me of a Will Ferrell character.. blissfully ignorant and arrogant.

Kyle Orton: "I like my chances"

Of what? fetal-ing through another season?

This brings up an interesting point though. Why is it Tebow is analyzed so much for his supposed weaknesses yet Kyle isn't? Has Kyle been working in the gym to become a better athlete? has he been working on his play making ability? His mental toughness? His leadership abilities?

Kyle has non-contact scrimmages down to an art form.. it's the actual games where he is miserable. How does he plan on fixing that?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
All the rumors, all the Tebow talk and hype and yet here is Orton first day of camp taking first string reps. Listen to him talk, and he knows he is the starting QB in Denver. I don't care if you don't like him or not. He has huge brass balls and I will always love him for that.

Hmmmm .... I always assumed he scrambled like he does cause he was half in the bag drunk. Maybe it's the huge balls making running awkward for him and hence all the stumbling and falling ... :O)

I like Orton the guy and think he's all heart and he is a ok Qb but I can't take another year of him under pressure and on 3rd downs late in games.

Him coming back in to that one game so we didn't have to see Simms (nice one Buff) take anymore snaps was gutsy and I thank him for not making us sit through that.

But I hope we trade him because watching him another year would be the suck...

Last edited by TDmvp; 07-29-2011 at 04:11 AM..
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Brass balls? More like sheer delusion. He reminds me of a Will Ferrell character.. blissfully ignorant and arrogant.

Kyle Orton: "I like my chances"

Of what? fetal-ing through another season?

This brings up an interesting point though. Why is it Tebow is analyzed so much for his supposed weaknesses yet Kyle isn't? Has Kyle been working in the gym to become a better athlete? has he been working on his play making ability? His mental toughness? His leadership abilities?

Kyle has non-contact scrimmages down to an art form.. it's the actual games where he is miserable. How does he plan on fixing that?
It must suck knowing Tim worked out with the team all off season only to have Kyle Orton come from where ever the hell he was and out preform him. I can't wait for Orton to go Drew Brees on our asses.

Orton has moxie.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 AM   #5
MacGruder

Quote:
It must suck knowing Tim worked out with the team all off season only to have Kyle Orton come from where ever the hell he was and out preform him. I can't wait for Orton to go Drew Brees on our asses.

Orton has moxie.
It doesn't suck at all for me.. It really doesn't matter what happens right now in training camp. Orton isn't going to make it long in the regular season.

If he plays as meekly as he did last season he is going to lose bad causing fans to riot bringing Tebow in..

If he tries to play more like he should - like a man - and tries to stand in the pocket and make throws or be mobile and avoid the pressure.. rather than going to the fetal position.. he is going to get killed and Tebow is going to be playing anyway.

I think this will actually help Tebow this season. Seeing how bad Orton is in games is really going to make Tebow look better when he is in games. People will see what fool's gold Orton was and what a hidden gem Tebow is. Just like last season.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 AM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Hmmmm .... I always assumed he scrambled like he does cause he was half in the bag drunk. Maybe it's the huge balls making running awkward for him and hence all the stumbling and falling ... :O)

I like Orton the guy and think he's all heart and he is a ok Qb but I can't take another year of him under pressure and on 3rd downs late in games.

Him coming back in to that one game so we didn't have to see Simms (nice one Buff) take anymore snaps was gutsy and I thank him for not making us sit through that.

But I hope we trade him because watching him another year would be the suck...
Watching us not pay a DT worth a **** will suck, but we know its going to happen.

Orton won't be traded because the FO doesn't know what is doing and they can pin everything on both Orton and Tebow. They know that the media will focus on us not trading Orton. Perfect headlines. All the while our D will still be the worst in the NFL and no one outside of Denver fans will even pay attention.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #7
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

Orton has moxie.
If he has a come to Jesus moment and finally has some balls when under pressure or when somebody breathes on his shirt while he's in the pocket and throws the ball with accuracy and doesn't fall down. Then I'll root for him.

But right now there is only 1 QB on our roster who has seen Jesus
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:22 AM   #8
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
If he has a come to Jesus moment and finally has some balls when under pressure or when somebody breathes on his shirt while he's in the pocket and throws the ball with accuracy and doesn't fall down. Then I'll root for him.

But right now there is only 1 QB on our roster who has seen Jesus
I see what you did there! Nice.. lol
Old 07-29-2011, 04:24 AM   #9
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Orton has the Broncos Organization by the balls we can't sign a big time FA DT like Mebane because Orton is under contract and Miami knows it thats why they won't up their offer.

he dictates where he goes due to his contract, hes basically daring the Broncos to cut him because he knows he can easily sign a 9-10 mil deal, but if we cut him we look stupid and we just cut a pretty good QB while having 2 unproven first round boom or bust players at the QB position......

unless we can get a third or better we come out looking bad in this whole deal.

Last edited by KevinJames; 07-29-2011 at 04:30 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #10
Jay3

I'm surprised at all the talk from one session with some 7 on 7 yesterday. There's a lot more camp and there are 4 preseason games.

You'd think Orton was Tom Brady based on what I'm hearing.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The team isn't moving Orton for a third round pick period. The FO knows as long as Orton and Tebow are on the same team the media will talk. The locker room will be split and we will lose games (not because of the QBs either). It's all going to be a **** storm to get Luck. It's not that hard to see that they don't want to trade Orton or tie themselves to Tebow.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #12
MacGruder

Orton might be better than Brady in this kind of scenario. I bet there are a LOT of guys outside the NFL who are great in these scenarios where durability, toughness, clutchness and athleticism aren't an issue.

Orton is very smart in one way. His very conservative style appeals to NFL fans because they are so conservative.. but it truly is fool's gold. No balls no babies. While Kyle keeps his starter job he ensures he will never win anything. He will make a lot of money over his career though. And he will have a sea of ex-fan haters all over the country, too. haha
Old 07-29-2011, 04:46 AM   #13
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Fully prepared for another year of Orton with a miserable defense.

Expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:52 AM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
Fully prepared for another year of Orton with a miserable defense.

Expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.
When Starks was part of a trade for Orton and we didn't make it happen you should know that the team doesn't want to trade him or improve the D. They are playing for the worst team in the NFL. Hell just wait till you see what we make the 98% with.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I really hope Orton ****s the FO and wins.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:00 AM   #16
Jay3

Quote:
When Starks was part of a trade for Orton and we didn't make it happen you should know that the team doesn't want to trade him or improve the D. They are playing for the worst team in the NFL. Hell just wait till you see what we make the 98% with.
Starks was never a part of the Orton trade, I'm convinced.

Hardly any team came after Orton, and the one that did hasn't offered bupkiss.

I wish Miami would have seen the 7 on 7 drills yesterday. Maybe they would double their offer.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #17
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post

I wish Miami would have seen the 7 on 7 drills yesterday. Maybe they would double their offer.
The Broncos brain trust should be sending tapes of Orton in practice to Miami anonymously...

That might seal the deal. haha
Old 07-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #18
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Maybe we can get the NFL to implement 7-on-7 games, and the QBs can wear redshirts and not get hit at all? If that happens, Kyle Orton is the best chance to make the playoffs.

Otherwise, he's just another looks good in practice but craps the bed in games QB.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #19
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Maybe we can get the NFL to implement 7-on-7 games, and the QBs can wear redshirts and not get hit at all? If that happens, Kyle Orton is the best chance to make the playoffs.

Otherwise, he's just another looks good in practice but craps the bed in games QB.
Also, no bootlegs.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #20
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Orton has the Broncos Organization by the balls we can't sign a big time FA DT like Mebane because Orton is under contract and Miami knows it thats why they won't up their offer.

he dictates where he goes due to his contract, hes basically daring the Broncos to cut him because he knows he can easily sign a 9-10 mil deal, but if we cut him we look stupid and we just cut a pretty good QB while having 2 unproven first round boom or bust players at the QB position......

unless we can get a third or better we come out looking bad in this whole deal.
Who the **** is going to give Orton 9-10M a year? Miami sure as **** doesn't, that is straight from their local newspapers. They don't want to give him $6M which is why he's holding **** up.

So where else? Cincy? They got a 2nd round QB they seem intent on playing and are busy running Carson Palmer out of the league. The Seattle, AZ, San Fran, Tennessee and Minnesota spots have all been taken in this game of QB musical chairs. There is no where else for Orton to sit but Miami or Denver, the later goes away when you tell his goober ass that he's getting cut at the last possible cap pair down moment (i.e. when absolutely no team will have time to get him up to speed on their offense this year) unless he gets his **** squared with Miami post-haste.

Denver holds the cards here thanks to the shortened pre-season. We can hang onto Orton long enough with some creative accounting to leave him completely screwed out of playing meaningful football this year. The FO should have already explained this to him, but apparently they're too ****ing milktoast to have done so.

McDaniels couldn't organize a peaceful and cooperative effort between Buddhist monks but at least the ****er knew when to put a boot up a players ass and got good value in his trades.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #21
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Orton has moxie.
Outperform him? In shorts and T Shirts?

You do realize that you could of had John Elway out there in his prime and just sitting back in shorts Dan Marino would have made Elway look like just another strong armed amateur right? No pass rush to make either of them have to react. No hitting. No using your athletic ability.

Kyle Orton better do better in a spin the ball contest. It's not Tebow's strongest part of his game. If Kyle Orton could couple his ability to throw with just a little bit of athletic ability when things broke down, we wouldn't even be considering a trade or starting Tebow. But as it stands, when things break down, KO falls into a fetal... Tebow on the other hand can keep a play alive. Whether or not that is enough is the question we are waiting to have answered.

Kyle Orton... 35% of his total production has come in the 4th Quarter while down two scores or more. Junk time, prevent defenses, doesn't affect the outcome of a game. Call me when KO does something clutch.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #22
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

Imagine if the refs actually let the defenses get physical with QBs these days? It would make Tebow even more valuable and guys like Orton even less valuable. QBs are getting destroyed even with refs trying to protect them.

I also think this is why Orton and guys like him get less effective as the season progresses.. because defenses get tougher and refs allow more. Especially as the games get more important - such as in the playoffs.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #23
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Who the **** is going to give Orton 9-10M a year? Miami sure as **** doesn't, that is straight from their local newspapers. They don't want to give him $6M which is why he's holding **** up.

So where else? Cincy? They got a 2nd round QB they seem intent on playing and are busy running Carson Palmer out of the league. The Seattle, AZ, San Fran, Tennessee and Minnesota spots have all been taken in this game of QB musical chairs. There is no where else for Orton to sit but Miami or Denver, the later goes away when you tell his goober ass that he's getting cut at the last possible cap pair down moment (i.e. when absolutely no team will have time to get him up to speed on their offense this year) unless he gets his **** squared with Miami post-haste.

Denver holds the cards here thanks to the shortened pre-season. We can hang onto Orton long enough with some creative accounting to leave him completely screwed out of playing meaningful football this year. The FO should have already explained this to him, but apparently they're too ****ing milktoast to have done so.

McDaniels couldn't organize a peaceful and cooperative effort between Buddhist monks but at least the ****er knew when to put a boot up a players ass and got good value in his trades.
All correct with one thing you forgot, KO gets a pretty hefty roster bonus on the 5th day of the league year. Something will happen soon with KO.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #24
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

You lost me right here. The only trades where we can say He got the best value for was Cutler and Marshall. After that he gave a pick away and a player for Quinn, got raped by bellicheck for Maroney, gave up a 1st for a player that he cut the next year for a 3rd string TE. Gave a pick away to move up and pick a bad TE. List goes on.... But you get the picture
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #25
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
You lost me right here. The only trades where we can say He got the best value for was Cutler and Marshall. After that he gave a pick away and a player for Quinn, got raped by bellicheck for Maroney, gave up a 1st for a player that he cut the next year for a 3rd string TE. Gave a pick away to move up and pick a bad TE. List goes on.... But you get the picture
Maybe Mcd looked so bad because like so many before he bought into fool's gold Orton and never realized he was really the problem. Until it was too late of course..