The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default Kolb deal Done

Kolb deal done according to Joshina's tweeters citing Adam Caplan (sirius nfl dude) - 5 years 63 mil with the Cards.

Confirmed on PFT.

Now, will we lose Orton after the fantastic day of camp?

Last edited by Irish Stout; 07-28-2011 at 12:10 PM..
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish McStout View Post
Kolb deal done according to Joshina's tweeters citing Adam Caplan (sirius nfl dude) - 5 years 63 mil.

Now, will we lose Orton after the fantastic day of camp?
Either keep Orton or toss Tebow.

There's no line-straddling here.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,126
Default

I don't get it. What did Arizona see in Kolb that justifies that kind of money? He has never looked like anything but a scrub to me.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

A.J. Feeley redux?
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I don't get it. What did Arizona see in Kolb that justifies that kind of money? He has never looked like anything but a scrub to me.
Kolb is the most overrated player in the NFL right now, and will set the Cards back another decade.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,476

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

wow.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,737
Default

Whoa

Are the Cards on crack?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
mkporter
Ring of Famer
 
mkporter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Sounds good to me. The more the Cards pay for Kolb, the more Orton looks like a bargain to the fish.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Kolb is the most overrated player in the NFL right now, and will set the Cards back another decade.
Wish our FO was as smart as Philly's FO. No doubt Kolb is way overrated.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Wish our FO was as smart as Philly's FO. No doubt Kolb is way overrated.
Philly's FO just lucked out. If Vick hadn't turned retro stud when Kolb got hurt, Kolb would have been exposed as the fake I think he is, and the Eagles would have looked like morons for letting Donovan go.

Kolb going down in week 2 (or whatever) allowed Philly to keep up the charade that Kolb is some sleeper stud. If he starts for 5 weeks before getting injured no one would be looking at him as a starter, IMO.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,737
Default

So who are the Beagles gonna get for a backup?

Farvarah?

Everyone know Vick is going to miss some games.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,522

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Wish our FO was as smart as Philly's FO. No doubt Kolb is way overrated.
Philadelphia's FO, along with a compliant media, made Kolb look like a future HOF quarterback. It was a brilliant move...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Was Kolb just released? No trade involved?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
ChrisToker
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I don't get it. What did Arizona see in Kolb that justifies that kind of money? He has never looked like anything but a scrub to me.
The NFL will be establishing new 'going rates' for players, just look at santanio holmes never had a 60 catch season and now he's making bank. I actualy like the idea that the vets will now be making more money than the rookies that haven't proved anything yet. Also minimum cap will make contracts drastically expand.

I fully see your point about kolb only starting handful of games and no real body of work to justify $$$

Last edited by ChrisToker; 07-28-2011 at 12:40 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Was Kolb just released? No trade involved?
Holy ****!

Kolb went for Dominique Rogers-Cromartie + a Second Rounder? Arizona got raped.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
ChrisToker
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
Sounds good to me. The more the Cards pay for Kolb, the more Orton looks like a bargain to the fish.
The fish might let orton go and see if he gets released? it must be very awkward at camp seeing 'dead man walking' 'lame duck' or what ever you want to call it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
ChrisToker
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Philly's FO just lucked out. If Vick hadn't turned retro stud when Kolb got hurt, Kolb would have been exposed as the fake I think he is, and the Eagles would have looked like morons for letting Donovan go.

Kolb going down in week 2 (or whatever) allowed Philly to keep up the charade that Kolb is some sleeper stud. If he starts for 5 weeks before getting injured no one would be looking at him as a starter, IMO.
amen
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Wish our FO was as smart as Philly's FO.
Not sure what you mean by this. Philly's FO held their ground and got what they wanted. Denver's FO is currently holding their ground in hopes of getting what they want. Does Philly's getting what they wanted make them smarter? Or luckier?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #19
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Holy ****!

Kolb went for Dominique Rogers-Cromartie + a Second Rounder? Arizona got raped.
AZ drafted Patrick Peterson though, so they will still have some good CB talent.

Kolb's 2010 season was up & down, but he was plagued by injuries. His 2009 season, where he filled in a few times for McNabb, was brilliant. I think he will earn his contract.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #20
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Yet here we sit fending off offers of 4th or 5th rd picks from Miami. ****ing laughable and quite frankly I dont know who to blame yet, but it looks like Shanahan did all the selling in Denver and no **** has come close to sniffing his sales pitch since.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #21
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I don't get it. What did Arizona see in Kolb that justifies that kind of money? He has never looked like anything but a scrub to me.
This. Exactly this.

Arizona has learned NOTHING from the Derek Andersen debacle... ****, at least that guy had played a full season.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Yet here we sit fending off offers of 4th or 5th rd picks from Miami. ****ing laughable and quite frankly I dont know who to blame yet, but it looks like Shanahan did all the selling in Denver and no **** has come close to sniffing his sales pitch since.
This has nothing to do with Shanahan vs. today's FO in Denver. Orton is what he is, Kolb is relatively unknown and is perceived to have some upside. The Eagles didn't "sell" anything, they got lucky when the Vick situation fell in their lap and they decided their QBOTF as Vick instead of Kolb. This has been discussed at length. Not sure why you're looking for someone to blame.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #23
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This has nothing to do with Shanahan vs. today's FO in Denver. Orton is what he is, Kolb is relatively unknown and is perceived to have some upside. The Eagles didn't "sell" anything, they got lucky when the Vick situation fell in their lap and they decided their QBOTF as Vick instead of Kolb. This has been discussed at length. Not sure why you're looking for someone to blame.
So we're looking for a 2nd rd pick, yet Miami are offering a 4th/5th. Unless you deem that as Orton's true value then there's a sales pitch issue here.

As for blaming someone go take a look at Denver's trades since Shanahan left then come back and tell me who should still be working in Denver and who shouldn't.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
So we're looking for a 2nd rd pick, yet Miami are offering a 4th/5th. Unless you deem that as Orton's true value then there's a sales pitch issue here.

As for blaming someone go take a look at Denver's trades since Shanahan left then come back and tell me who should still be working in Denver and who shouldn't.
You do realize that the Dolphins have given up 2nd rounders for QBs before, QBs who weren't worth a ****, correct?

Think that might be playing into their thoughts on the matter? Maybe?

If not, please do continue to whine. That should make it all better.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #25
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Yet here we sit fending off offers of 4th or 5th rd picks from Miami. ****ing laughable and quite frankly I dont know who to blame yet, but it looks like Shanahan did all the selling in Denver and no **** has come close to sniffing his sales pitch since.
Hard to sell Orton at his current contract. Teams don't pay that much for QBs that can't make clutch plays (and that's become common knowledge around the league). They just don't.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sea reported to offer 1st and 3rd for Kolb when lockout lifts cutthemdown Orange Mane Central Discussion 92 07-06-2011 05:16 PM
Kevin Kolb Tombstone RJ Orange Mane Central Discussion 35 08-21-2010 08:31 AM
Broncos call about Mcnabb Soul-Bronco Orange Mane Central Discussion 201 02-09-2010 05:43 AM
I Say We Trade For Kolb If Philly Will Let Him Go RhymesayersDU Orange Mane Central Discussion 53 09-29-2009 02:46 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Denver Broncos