The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default fat albert traded...to new england?

for a 2013 5th round pick.

i really wish fox and co had pulled the trigger on this. got him on a 2 year deal or something. hes a huge a-hole and most likely a total ****head of a person, but wow does denver need DT help. now haynesworth is still in a 3-4, which makes me chuckle.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Thank god , so people will stop talking about wanting him here.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I would have traded him for a 2015 condom.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

****ing steal.

They'll make him work this season and trade him next for a 2nd round pick.
UberBroncoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
ChrisToker

WOW! WTF is going on in Dove Valley? Maybe they do only have one phone! So far all I hear all off season is this plan by EFX. "Going to have a Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C depending on rules for FA." Maybe I missed some major transactions so far by our FO that no one has put on the OM? NO? WTF has the world come to where Im jealous of Seagulles fans, they are bettering themselves as we speak? No way in hell I'll ever stop being a Bronco fan but this is....*sigh. So far the "Plan" was to trade a starter (hated Gaff but still...) for depth player at DE (position that we have decent depth already). 5th rd pick 2 drafts down the road = free. PLEASE EFX PROVE ME WRONG, I'LL EAT CROW TO GET SEMI RELEVANT THIS SEASON!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
ChrisToker

ps I said whoever got FAT AL WOULD GET A STEAL. why the #### did it have to be the PAT'S
Old 07-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #7
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

We gotta get Mebane or Jenkins now or people are going to be questioning the front office on FA moves early.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:14 AM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'd rather acquire Brandon Mebane (FA) and Randy Starks (Orton trade) than hope ****brick Haynesworth would turn things around.

I think the new era will do a good job of clearing house of any turds. We just had three players cited as being all present at a rape. We don't need Fat Albert on the team, walkin' into that mess sayin' "Hey, hey, hey -- what's goin' on!?"
Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #9
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

If anyone is able to motivate and get the most out of Albert Haynesworth, it will be Bill Belichick.

Belichick will probably get in his head and coax a few good years out of him before he starts pouting for more money or finds something to get pissed off about.

Belichick knows this and figures a few good years from Albert is well worth the 5th round draft pick.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
We gotta get Mebane or Jenkins now or people are going to be questioning the front office on FA moves early.
What people want and what we will end up getting are likely to be two different stories.

We could offer Mebane five years, fifty million and whose to say the Seahawks wouldn't offer him more? Someone else?

We aren't the only team in the league, and there are a lot of factors that will play into these players decisions. Money, likely the highest, but after five years of being stuck in reverse, well six -- since the AFCCG -- it is understandable why nobody worth a damn wants to play here.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Pats don't have an image issue amongst the league and their fanbase. They can take the high risk high reward players. I don't see Haynesworth being too happy in NE though, 3-4 is not gonna make him a top baller.

As for Seattle, you're impressed with Robert Gallery, Tavaris Jackson and Sidney Rice? Rice is a good player, but they wont be able to get him the ball... Plus $10mm per year, no thanks! I think they spent a lot of money to move sideways. Two steps backward and two steps forward. They will be looking for a new QB next year yet again. They are going nowhere fast!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #12
ChrisToker

It's do or die time in FA this year. We have had huge names slide by that would made us legitimate this year. If the FO is saying 'screw it' for this year thats fine unless the dont do it bad enough to get #1 pick next year.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #13
ChrisToker

"I'd rather acquire Brandon Mebane (FA) and Randy Starks (Orton trade) "~Requiem

Thats still a loooooooooong shot at even getting one of those two, especially at rate our FO is going this year.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:27 AM   #14
ChrisToker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Pats don't have an image issue amongst the league and their fanbase. They can take the high risk high reward players. I don't see Haynesworth being too happy in NE though, 3-4 is not gonna make him a top baller.

As for Seattle, you're impressed with Robert Gallery, Tavaris Jackson and Sidney Rice? Rice is a good player, but they wont be able to get him the ball... Plus $10mm per year, no thanks! I think they spent a lot of money to move sideways. Two steps backward and two steps forward. They will be looking for a new QB next year yet again. They are going nowhere fast!
Those players upgraded there team, it's the principles. They are improving while we sit back and pray miami is dumb enough to trade for Orton.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToker View Post
"I'd rather acquire Brandon Mebane (FA) and Randy Starks (Orton trade) "~Requiem

Thats still a loooooooooong shot at even getting one of those two, especially at rate our FO is going this year.
Acquiring Haynesworth was a long-shot too.

I think the (2013) nature of the draft selection was indicative of the fact that league-wide, nobody wants to deal with him.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:29 AM   #16
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:

Why?

We are still in talks with both. 4 win teams usually have a tougher time in free agency unless you have an owner like Snyder or Allen that have no problem playing with Monopoly Money. We are gonna have to over pay, gotta figure out if it is worth it to over pay.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #17
ChrisToker

Like I said 5th rd pick 2 drafts down the road = free
Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Who cares?

Mebane, hopefully Starks, draft another stud next year. Ballin'.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #19
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I have to admit, our apparent inactivity is making me nervous....
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:35 AM   #20
ChrisToker

I don't see those players headed to Denver. I hate to be the downer talking Broncos w/ fellow fans. Just looking gray even w/ my orange tinted glasses
Old 07-28-2011, 05:03 AM   #21
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Filed to ESPN: Washington traded DT Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a fifth-round pick in 2013.
-Adam Schefter.

Definitely didn't see this coming.
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #22
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
I don't see those players headed to Denver. I hate to be the downer talking Broncos w/ fellow fans. Just looking gray even w/ my orange tinted glasses
Big splashy free agent acquisitions don't always pan out. They are one injury away from a huge cap hit. I'd like to see slightly more activity as, but I do think depth is also very important and I kinda like the be patient approach. I'd rather see the Broncos get two or three solid players for the price of a DeAngelo Williams.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #23
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

NE plays a lot of 43. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #24
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I still think we should have tried to get him.

If he's good enough for one of the best franchises on the past decade, he's certainly good enough for us.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:22 AM   #25
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
NE plays a lot of 43. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Yep! Belichick changes his scheme to fit his players better than anyone, and he's been creative in acquiring the personnel to give him that freedom.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote