The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
ChrisToker
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Same Ol' Bungles

As everyone knew from day 1 the Bengals would not be willing to trade Carson Palmer and loose face as a franchise. I think they made a mistake not trading the cancer Ocho-Stinko we they could have gotten more than a 1st, Now its bone head mistake letting Palmer go for free (does have to sit out a season, but could prolong career by recharging body imo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbOfxnrD8w0
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToker View Post
As everyone knew from day 1 the Bengals would not be willing to trade Carson Palmer and loose face as a franchise. I think they made a mistake not trading the cancer Ocho-Stinko we they could have gotten more than a 1st, Now its bone head mistake letting Palmer go for free (does have to sit out a season, but could prolong career by recharging body imo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbOfxnrD8w0
If he sits out a season, he doesn't get credited his year.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,419

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Mike Brown should have his ownership revoked. He is bad for the league and bad for the Bungle fans.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I wonder if he'd be interested in Perrish Cox. Maybe there's a way Brown could use the guy to count against the hard cap, but then suspend him w/o pay for the maximum number of games.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,238
Default

Mike Brown's stubbornness will hurt the team again.

I know he is a man of principle and is sticking to his guns, but Carlson Palmer does the team no good under this scenario.

In the best interest of the team, he should trade him for some high draft picks. Right now, he has value to the team, something Mike Brown needs to take advantage of.

Carson Palmer has given the Bengals a lot of good years....if he wants out, Mike Brown should make it happen (only if he gets fair market value for Palmer).

I know Mike Brown wants to make his point.

Too bad the point being made is that players will not want to play for the Bengals even more after this.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,893
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,893
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
That play, specifically Gus Johnson's call of that play, was one of my 10 favorite Broncos moments of all time.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
That play, specifically Gus Johnson's call of that play, was one of my 10 favorite Broncos moments of all time.
I was watching that game with one of my obnoxious buddies who is a huge Bengals fan.

He was already talking smack and I thought the game was over.

The look on his smug face was priceless.

I said "Suck it, b****!" and laughed for about 10 minutes straight.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Mike Brown's stubbornness will hurt the team again.

I know he is a man of principle and is sticking to his guns, but Carlson Palmer does the team no good under this scenario.

In the best interest of the team, he should trade him for some high draft picks. Right now, he has value to the team, something Mike Brown needs to take advantage of.

Carson Palmer has given the Bengals a lot of good years....if he wants out, Mike Brown should make it happen (only if he gets fair market value for Palmer).

I know Mike Brown wants to make his point.

Too bad the point being made is that players will not want to play for the Bengals even more after this.
After the season Palmer had last year, I'd argue his value to the team is significantly higher than his value in a trade.

Ochocinco and Palmer were both rumored to be wanting out at one point. If you get rid of both of them, who puts people in the stands? If you let them both go, how long until others want to get out of the steaming pile that is Cincinnati?

I'm sure if it could be done and not cause the team too many problems, they'd cater to Palmer. They just don't have that as a possibility right now. They have to bank their hopes on someone and Palmer is still it.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #11
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
After the season Palmer had last year, I'd argue his value to the team is significantly higher than his value in a trade.

Ochocinco and Palmer were both rumored to be wanting out at one point. If you get rid of both of them, who puts people in the stands? If you let them both go, how long until others want to get out of the steaming pile that is Cincinnati?

I'm sure if it could be done and not cause the team too many problems, they'd cater to Palmer. They just don't have that as a possibility right now. They have to bank their hopes on someone and Palmer is still it.
Carson Palmer isn't playing for the Bengals again....period.

Nothing is worth nothing and that's what the Bengals will get if they keep him.

I'd ship him off for some draft picks and move on.

I'm 100% sure Carson Palmer will never play for the Bengals again.

The Bengals drafted Andy Dalton to replace him.

Time to move on.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
ChrisToker
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
If he sits out a season, he doesn't get credited his year.
I was under impression by him retiring it would void the contract and the next year he could reinstate and become a FA. Wasn't that what Favre was going to do b4 being traded to Jets?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToker View Post
I was under impression by him retiring it would void the contract and the next year he could reinstate and become a FA. Wasn't that what Favre was going to do b4 being traded to Jets?
Nope, he was going to show up and force them to pay his huge contract to be Rodgers' backup and a massive distraction.

Contracts go on hold when someone retires. The Jets released him from his contract so he could go to Minny or they'd have had him back.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Carson Palmer isn't playing for the Bengals again....period.

Nothing is worth nothing and that's what the Bengals will get if they keep him.

I'd ship him off for some draft picks and move on.

I'm 100% sure Carson Palmer will never play for the Bengals again.

The Bengals drafted Andy Dalton to replace him.

Time to move on.
I personally think Palmer's value is only a 4th or so until he can show he's back to old form. Is it worth a 4th to let your players walk all over the organization? Would it be worth a 4th to give up hope that you can force him to come back and play for you? Would it be worth a 4th to face the ignorant fans that gloss over most and then see that the team sucks next year and blame it on the team trading Palmer when the fan is actually not considering the whole scenario?

They really don't win either way and it seems a mid-late round draft pick isn't worth it to cave to a player taking such an aggressive stand against the team.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,382
Default

Hence WHY I'm a Broncos fan and have been since I was 9 years old.

As someone who has lived their whole life in Cincinnati I say the Bengals should do this town a solid fav and move to L.A. heheh..
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #16
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
good times.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #17
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
That play, specifically Gus Johnson's call of that play, was one of my 10 favorite Broncos moments of all time.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
ChrisToker
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

That call is what got Gus Johnson on Madden
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #19
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,382
Default

The only thing with picking on the Bengals is it's sorta like picking on the handicapped kid in school...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #20
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

anyone think that ochocinco just wants to be a pain to get released?
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #21
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,782
Default

there's almost nothing worse than being sentenced to multiple years in a Bengals uniform.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #22
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
there's almost nothing worse than being sentenced to multiple years in a Bengals uniform.
Being a faid fan might come close...... **** em both!
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #23
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

They should be men, admit that they have run a garbage franchise, and trade Palmer.

you know Shanahan is dying for a QB like that.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #24
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,767
Default

So if someone offers the Bungles like 10 first round picks, and you're Mike Brown, do you take the offer?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #25
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

If Palmer sits out he gets "credit" because he isn't paid. You can retire through your contract.

As I said in another thread, Palmer is in a position to really screw the Bengals. The new cap rules mandate spending at least 90% of your cap every year. Retiring would remove his salary from the Bengals cap....un-retiring right after the season starts and the cap is set would add his salary back onto the books, potentially forcing some hard releases (or a trade of Palmer) That's what I'd do if I were him.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hof game-cowgirls and bungles Ramathorn Orange Mane Central Discussion 10 02-25-2010 10:54 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Denver Broncos